2 Seperate Types of War Game Map Packs

Behemoth

Yes, it has been confirmed by BS Angel that the strider and scanner helmet will only be exclusive to the war games map pack bought online. The Map pack with the Limited Edition will not include these exclusives. How do you feel about this? Myself I was getting the console and LE and I cancelled my LE pre-order because of this news. I think it is an interesting marketing campaign to say the least. I'm interested to know if Microsoft was behind the idea of that.

• Like 1

It's a good move in my opinion. I'm getting the LE, so I already have a bunch of goodies at hand. Those who are just getting the normal edition however, will still have the ability to show something of in game. Everybody wins! But I can imagine a few people even purchasing the standalone Season Pass even if they have the one from the LE, just to get the helmets. Completionists go to great lengths :P

Seeing as 343i is Micro$oft, it was M$'s decision to do this. I personally think it is unfortuante that M$ is making so many different marketing ploys to make money. If the War Games Map Pack comes with the LE it should include the 2 helmets personally. I will have plenty of goodies with the LE and Pre-Orders, but I still think it is lame that they are doing this. Stupid M$ tools. What a great first impression 343i...way to use the fans to make as much money as possible...so lame

Just head on over to waypoint create a topic and I'm sure many people will link to you the thread. BS Angel specifically said in a thread they are seperate skus. One has the helmets one does not. However they wsaid they would try to make them available at a latter time. Just go look at their topic with over 1500 replies, unless it got deleted.

The fact that they are making it so that there are two helmets that you get with regular map pack from marketplace that aren't in the LE one shouldn't be all that angering... I mean, look at what you get with the LE. You get the maps, you get skins, you get a bunch of other stuff that I won't put because it's elsewhere on this forum.

2 helmets really shouldn't be something to complain about... Yes it is a way that Microsoft makes money, but it also would make people that didn't get the LE want to get the... season pass I guess is the best way to put it.

I wouldn't mind all of these different exclusivities if they would make a skins pack that would come out 3 months after release that would get all of the exclusives out of the way then add some more helmets and weapon skins. Sort of like batman arkham city. I really want the oceanic armor.

2235034-halo_4_armor_skins3.jpg

I'm just wondering about specifics.. I know it'll be for sale on the Marketplace but I don't know how many MSP I'll need..

I have a feeling it will be around $15.00 for the Pre-Order Bonus DLC Pack...but who knows with M$ making all of the decisions...

Hopefully.. I hope it's announced soon so I can get ready for it Dx

I have a feeling it will be announced post launch...especially seeing as BS Angel also said that the Strider, Scanner and Falcon Emblem from the War Games Map Pass will be available post launch as well...perhaps they will include them all into one DLC pack....

I have a feeling it will be announced post launch...especially seeing as BS Angel also said that the Strider, Scanner and Falcon Emblem from the War Games Map Pass will be available post launch as well...perhaps they will include them all into one DLC pack....

I hope it's announced before then though.. I just want to be able to buy it when possible and know how long it'll be before it goes off of the marketplace. Dx

I hope it's announced before then though.. I just want to be able to buy it when possible and know how long it'll be before it goes off of the marketplace. Dx

DLC like that will be on the marketplace for a while. The Reach DLC is still on marketplace and so too is the DLC from GoW 3 that provides armor skins etc. I wouldnt worry man, you will have plenty of time to get the cool skins and armors