Tor Piiri is a map for One Flag CTF (preferably with DMR's) by me, NONE YA BIZNUS <---(GT)

DL: https://halo.xbox.com/en-us/haloreach/NONE%20YA%20BIZNUS/fileshare#!/?section=MapVariants&MapId=&GameMode=0&SearchDate=7&SortBy=2&view-select=Tile&tags=&startIndex=0&details=30329411

FH thread (pretty much the same thing): http://www.forgehub....-tor-piiri.html

It is a fairly large map, with an ideal player count of 8-12 players, being squad objective map. It consists of three main lanes, one in the middle, and one on either side. (I know, the originality here is just astounding) So here is the general overview of the map, highlighting the more important places:

wol_error.gif This image has been resized. Click here to view the full image (791x589)

screenshotat20120930221.png

The middle lane is naturally the highest traffic, but shortest route to the flag. It is essentially central "hub" building with one bridge going to each spawn, and another to the side. In this building spawns a grenade launcher, which is a pretty useful tool for the attacking side. However, it spawns neutrally, so it is a worthwhile target for the initial push on both teams. Also, the sniper rifle spawns outside the building on the ground level, also a useful tool, especially for defense. Anyway, here is the core of the map:

wol_error.gif This image has been resized. Click here to view the full image (800x593)

The flag spawns here, in the little platform just to the side of the defending entrance to the middle building:

wol_error.gif This image has been resized. Click here to view the full image (794x590)

The right flank is a good secondary path. Its most notable interest is the ghost, which is a great way to suppress the opposite team. It has limited access to the upper area of the map, in a way that makes it a little bit more useful to the defenders, but still effective for the attackers. Other than that, this flank is a good way to hit the defenders from the side or the rear, as one path leads to their initial spawn, and another to the side of the flag spawn. Here is what it looks like:

wol_error.gif This image has been resized. Click here to view the full image (786x580)

wol_error.gif This image has been resized. Click here to view the full image (788x589)

On the opposite side of the map is what I like to call, "The Long way." This flank features a long path with lots of cover for the attackers, as well as a jump up to behind the flag to make a quick grab and run. However, it is a pretty roundabout route, and I've only seen it used as a last resort if the attackers can't push through the other two flanks. But it does also have some defensive value. From the farthest path, there lies an excellent line of sight into the middle building. If you are a defender and you have a sniper, I highly recommend bringing it here to cover the central lane. It is not without a weakness though, as the attackers could easily use the ghost-side flank. Unfortunately, this is the best picture I have of it, showing only the final area, leading into the defenders' spawn:

wol_error.gif This image has been resized. Click here to view the full image (787x590)

And last but not least, there is the attackers' spawn, and the bridge from there leading into the middle building:

wol_error.gif This image has been resized. Click here to view the full image (787x590)

wol_error.gif This image has been resized. Click here to view the full image (793x588)

That is all I have to say about this map, please comment, download, play, and enjoy! If you don't enjoy it, I would really appreciate a comment with constructive criticism.

DL: https://halo.xbox.co...etails=30329411

post-30320-0-73583900-1349497991.png

• Like 1

does this map only consist of the weapons Grenade Launcher and Sniper Rifle? If so, you need to add grenades (Frags recommended and some standard weapons (DMR's, needle rifles, magnum, AR, Plasma Pistol, etc)

I definetly did add all those other weapons. I was just highlighting the more important ones in the overview picture. There are enough weapons on the map to fill up that picture with words. And I somehow inadvertently avoiding taking a picture with some of the standard weapons in them.

I definetly did add all those other weapons. I was just highlighting the more important ones in the overview picture. There are enough weapons on the map to fill up that picture with words. And I somehow inadvertently avoiding taking a picture with some of the standard weapons in them.

alright just making sure I'll give it a download

I really like this map dude. Aesthetically, it looks very clean and rather well put-together, and structurally (as in for gameplay-related-aspects) it seems very solid. The multi-leveled layout of the map really looks nice and I imagine it plays very well. My only question is - is the Ghost the only vehicle on the map? and if so, do you find it gives an advantage to one team, since the defenders spawn nearer to it. Anyways, other than that, very good job!

I really like this map dude. Aesthetically, it looks very clean and rather well put-together, and structurally (as in for gameplay-related-aspects) it seems very solid. The multi-leveled layout of the map really looks nice and I imagine it plays very well. My only question is - is the Ghost the only vehicle on the map? and if so, do you find it gives an advantage to one team, since the defenders spawn nearer to it. Anyways, other than that, very good job!

The ghost does spawn slightly closer to the defending team, but as I said before (in the FH thread), I concentrated on infantry gameplay ASSISTED by a single ghost. It is not a really overpowered weapon, as the central building is a smaller space that makes driving a ghost up there a substantial risk.