Halo 4 rankings

DangerousCP

I am excited for the game only thing I am very disappointed in is to have reach ranking system. Everybody I know that has reach hates the ranking system and gameplay. If their isn't 1 - 50 ranking is not even worth it 1-50 in symbols just isn't halo it tradition I think everybody can agree that halo 2 had the best ranking system I showed true skill cause you could lose your rank or gain it accordingly you should incorporate halo 2 and 3 ranking system and leave reach out. Take a poll and ask the people what type of ranking system cause the truth is its what the people are going to care about and look forward to when playing halo 4 matchmaking. I quit halo for a long time when reach came out it was the worst halo game made I went to call of duty so I'm looking for this game to make up so please put the the 1-50 number ranking back

agreed they need to bring back 1-50 style ranking system... dont worry you are right and are just being trolled by casual gamers that got stuck at major grade3 in h3 and they dont wanna get stuck in this game.... that being said.. all these casual gamers that "dont care about rank" and all these competitive players that do "care about rank" why would you not put it in.. its a win win... casual players dont care and real players do so wtf why would it not be in there????

All i have to say is i hope to god its not Reachs system. Honestly im a Mythic in reach. i dont deserve that rank cause im not all that good. This is what ive been worried about the whole time. Cause anyone can be an Inheritor but that doesnt mean there good. Just means they played nonstop.

agreed they need to bring back 1-50 style ranking system... dont worry you are right and are just being trolled by casual gamers that got stuck at major grade3 in h3 and they dont wanna get stuck in this game.... that being said.. all these casual gamers that "dont care about rank" and all these competitive players that do "care about rank" why would you not put it in.. its a win win... casual players dont care and real players do so wtf why would it not be in there????

Obvious troll who thinks they are smart is obvious.

343 have hinted at a skill based system. We have not heard jack squat on what the new skill system is yet. You have to admit a better one can be made. Just give it time to see what they have in store.

• Like 4

iv always been a big halo fan for a long time since halo 2, halo is such a fun game and you have to know what ur doing in order to be good. the thing that i like about halo is the ranking system (halo 3 specifically and halo 2) halo 3 by far had the best ranking system in any halo game, im sure i speak for a lot of people on that statement. halo reach ranking system is bad, it it pretty much like call of duty even if u lose u rank up?? what is that? where is the skill in that? that is what halos known for is skill. halo 3s ranking system takes all amounts of skill if u lose u rank down and have to win accordingly to get back up. one thing that i wish they would of changed was the level locking, that was annoying. i dont understand how you change the ranking system, i dont think you guys r looking at the big picture of the community. i play halo 3 almost everyday still and ON AVERAGE there is still almost 20000 kids who play the game daily, if that many kids still play that game daily with the game being 5 years old people obvisouly like the game. when halo reach came out i didnt even BUY IT it sucked so bad. 343 complains about boosters, who cares let them boost, they know they arnt legit and they know that. why change the ranking system and ruin it for almost all of the community just becuase of a couple kids online boosting? are u kidding me? and the jetpack and all of the bloom. HELLO?!?!? nobody likes that, except for the kids who are bad at the game. keep the ranking system like halo 2 and 3 and stop with this "if u lose ull still get EXP" thats dumb.

Edited by Absolute Dog
Altered/replaced two words.

• 2 weeks later...

If it were a skill based ranking system, how on earth would some people level up, like I mean, majority of the players would never be able to unlock all the weapons, meaning, you won't be able to complete the game.

Wouldn't be fun, everyone would stop playing because they are stuck on ****ty weapons.

Plus the Reach styled ranking system was fun, I play for fun and halo has always catered to that.

This is what i wonder, multi player rank. I played reach with guests and friends and they say in halo reach they try to make it even for multi ranked parties. When i played tho it seemed there was a influx of high ranking people or low ranking people it never seemed balanced for me. I was a hero and my friends were not that high in rank, and it seemed like we were either playing High ranking people or noobs never a good mix of both hope they take that into consideration when 4 comes out

so you only play the game for a few pixels saying your rank?

That argument is overused and not well thought out.

It's obviously not the pixels themselves, it's what those pixels represent and the motivation those pixels give to players. Nobody plays the game purely for rank but the effects of rankings are boundless.

If it were a skill based ranking system, how on earth would some people level up, like I mean, majority of the players would never be able to unlock all the weapons, meaning, you won't be able to complete the game.

Wouldn't be fun, everyone would stop playing because they are stuck on ****ty weapons.

Plus the Reach styled ranking system was fun, I play for fun and halo has always catered to that.

Those players should be motivated to become better players. When they become better, their multiplayer experience will be better. There is so much fun in challenges presented by games (including challenges to become a better player), something that Halo Reach lacks, which is shown by the lack of players willing to return to matchmaking.

• Like 1

They should put both in. Progression system for weapons and unlocks, so the casual guys can't complain, and the real ranking system could be for competitive peeps. No actual effect on your ability to unlock anything, but it's there so even hardcore players are catered to. It could be for the guys who play hard to have bragging rights. I don't see why this can't work?

so you only play the game for a few pixels saying your rank?

playing the game just for the sake of playing will become boring much faster than if u have a ranking/true skill system to work on no matter what game u play if it doesent have a competative ranking system it will die very fast just like reach has died reach is what now around 2 years old and its practically dead MLG REMOVED IT BECAUSE PEOPLE DONT CARE ABOUT IT halo 3 lasted for over 5 years because of the ranking system so yes if u want a game like halo 4 to die dont put a true skill ranking system in it 343 if u want it too live then put a trueskill system in it simple

I don't think you understand. Halo 4 has its own ranking system.

http://www.343indust...tem +will +work

i dont think you understand having a ranking system like the one confirmed for h4 which has no skill involved the 1 to 50 in h4 atm is just whoever plays the most gets the highest rank winning or losing does not affect this just how often u play u can actually lose every game u play in this system and still become the highest rank making being the highest rank pointlesss if any noob can get there by loseing game after game that is not skill based like the halo 3 1 to 50 = be quiet noob you know nothing thx

ok first of all let me start by saying everything u said just sounds like a low level no skill cod noob who was terrible at every halo apart from reach which was basicaly designed to bring noobs from cod over to halo

and now back to the facts. halo has always been competitive it always had the 1 to 50 skill since halo 2 and 3 and guess what because it was competitive and people had to work for their ranks the games lived for a long time reach has been out not even half the time of halo 3 and the players have dwindled to nothing around 30 k

so dont come that crap halo has always been about having fun yes it has but not just fun the competitive side was always there keeping players addicted and as for getting better weapons if your not good enough to get better weapons you shouldn't get them simple is'ent it ??

u cant kill with one weapon so why would u deserve another but lets look realistically they want you to have the weapons so its simple u can still get the weapons and noob armor upgrades by playing social slayer/noob playlists that are not ranked which you will get credits whether you win or lose.

but there should be a second ranking system for slayer PRO meaning noobs cannot hit this rank just by losing game after ******* game... you should have to win to be the top rank so yes spoiler alert whichever of you noobs hits the highest rank in halo 4 first not the skill based ranking system the spartan points system getting to the top of the ranking system that anyone can get to even if they lose every game they ever played will get to the top of this system meaning being the top rank means ?????

yes that's right being the top rank means nothing because no skill was invovled you could literally sit still every game never fire a bullet and slowly hit the max non trueskill rank meaning if anyone can hit that rank hitting it is utterly pointless and means nothing sorry to break it to all the reach noobs hearts who hit inheritor same thing means nothing lmao... unless your ONYX in reach or 50 in halo 3 those ranks mean somthing.... being inheritor in reach or in h4 means zero gg peeceeeeeee oh and sorry for bad english not my language

• 3 months later...

leave the whole SR 1-130 how it is so that casual gamers can play until they've completed their characters, but add 1-50 for those of us who want something to strive for... how does adding random playlists that are ranked effect casual gamers... if you don't like ranking, don't play it... more than anything I want 1-50 back!