UNSC Mantis

Wes Stone501

may or not be overpowerd

I know that the Scorpion didn't shoot at the Mantis, but its damage output scares me ;)

Also I wrote something like: "I hope it is not to difficult to beat it." :angry:

Otherwise it would be op in my opinion, but we can't say yet.

I think that the EMP effect will make a huge difference, especially being able to spawn with PP as a secondary now.

If it works like the Wraith, it will temporarily shut down and be useless (preferred method).

If it works like the Scorpion, it will still be able to swivel and use its weaponry (this would probably be OP).

I see a few questions here about where it can be used, so let me share a little fact-sheet.

UNSC Mantis

Softpoints - None

Firepower - Minigun, Missiles, Area of Effect "stomp" attack.

Boardable - Yes.

Hijackable - No.

Destroyable - Yes.

Firepower needed to destroy - Two boarded grenades (one will kill the driver), 2-4 Direct hits with a banshee bomb, 2-3 direct hits with tanks (i.e. Scorpion, Wraith), 4-5 Sticky grenades direct contact (i.e. stuck). These are assuming the driver is at full shields and the Mantis is undamaged. As with most vehicles, the drivers shields affect the vehicles durability.

Where it will appear:

Multiplayer Matchmaking - Yes.

Spartan Ops - Yes.

Campaign - Yes.

Forge/Custom Games - Unknown (i.e. perhaps)

Maps it will appear on in Multiplayer Matchmaking (so far, they may add them into other maps before release):

Ragnarock

As more information is released to the public, this post will be updated. If you find information to the contrary of this post, please "quote" the post and give a link and description to the contrary information and it's source.

• Like 2

After reading The Director's fact sheet...holy ****...this thing is more of a tank than...well...a tank.

If a Scorpion can only take 2 direct hits from another Scorpion, wouldn't this make the Mantis just as strong, if not stronger?

Sounds like the Mantis is hands down the most powerful weapon in the game.

Campaign - Unknown (i.e. maybe)

Forge/Custom Games - Unknown (i.e. perhaps)

It is in campaign, as you can see the Master Chief get into it.

Source:

1:40 - 1:41

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttcHY3CsSbo

It is in multiplayer matchmaking as a vehicle that constantly respawns and can be destroyed, so that means it's placeable, so it's in Forge, and because you can edit the respawns (placing them, timers) of vehicles, therefore it is in custom games too because they are an edited Forge experience. It's not like the Elephant or Mammoth, those are too large and never respawn. No reason why it wouldn't be an expensive placeable vehicle, just like the Scorpion.

Source:

3:39 - 3:49

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEIB2txWyeo

-snip-

Edited to include campaign, however the Mantis in forge mode is not yet confirmed, so it will remain "unknown".

@The Director: It was announced on saturday that the Mantis will indeed be in Halo 4 campaign.

Also I though that it had a mini-gun and rocket pods, not a rail gun?

There is some debate as to whether they are rocket pods or a rail gun, however the sounds are very similar to the rail gun, and they do not have the same AOE effect that the M12R LAAV Warthog or the LUA-65D/SGM-151 missile pod, and also seems to lack the lock on ability that both of these weapons have. I'm changing the post to say "missiles" until it's confirmed either way.

I wonder how it came to be created?

And seeing as the Infinity is a "peace time" vessel, why does it have these all powerful combat vehicles on it?

Just in case the Infinity was met with hostile aliens...

OR MAYBE THEY'RE MURICANS! THEY GON' FREE THE **** OUTTA THEM COMMIE ALIEN ********! MURICA!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...