Global bacon shortage! (not kidding)

Twilight Sparkle

I just read this, and it sad to hear :( . Just goes to show dont take anything for granted!

Warning: The decline of bacon may lead to depression in some people. If you or a loved one notice symptoms such as crying, calling out bacon repeatedly or :wallbash: please call 1-800-BACON or contact your doctor.

There are times when I look out onto the world and see all the greatness but for all the beauty this world we lay claim to possesses it can bring its own share of horror. Wars unnumbered, the fight against diseases and natural disaster so bad it seems as if the world itself is trying to shake us of its back.

Now I read this article, the words engrained into my memory like so many terrible news reports that I have seen in my lifetime and I tremble at the thought. Where once lay a world of opportunity in a packet, a personification of goodness that one could devour with gusto now I see the ever declining amount. Every time I walk into a store and see bacon lining the shelves I shed a tear knowing that this may be the last time I can pick it up, place it in my basket and take it home, to love it as I would love my wife, or my children. Next time I pass through the automatic doors to fill my empty cupboards I fear that the two for £4 offer will be gone or, worse, there will be an empty space on the shelf and in my heart.

All the good such a foodstuff has done may be cast back into the records of history. Some say it is a cure for hangovers, others that the smell could turn a vegetarian back to the ways of their ancestors. An wise man once told me that, in the treetops of the Amazon, a small tribe of people believe that it was cast from their God himself, at the beginning of the world, once they had tasted the sweet, crunchy nectar that is bacon. Lying at the feet of their statue is a mummified rasher, as tribute to their own God for the act he did and to the great man who brought such a substance to this tribe.

Of course, as will all great substances, there are bad tales. It was once said a father would not rub the bacon on his own daughter, in order to employ its great healing properties, for he lusted after the food himself. But theses stories are a mere backdrop to the greatness that is Bacon and now I fear for the world more then ever.

If this year is to be our last then I can see why; with Bacon gone the world may just tear itself apart, cast down the Governments and the ruling caste in anxiety at the loss of such a tasty food. The smell will no longer drift upstairs to stir a sleepy child, will not longer turn the heads of passer-bys to walk into a cafe, will no longer bring hope into the hearts of those lost to despair. Where once it inspiried good memories now it will only be a memory. Our children will no longer grow up to the taste, and to their children and their children's children Bacon will be just a myth. These are sad times.

My friends, my brothers and sisters, fear not. While this terrible news may be true we must take heart, for while one of us yet lives the memory of Bacon lives on. The smell it creates, the feelings it stirs in our breast and the exquisite taste that hails us and we slide Bacon into our mouth. Fear not my friends, for Bacon will live on in us.

• Like 1

Link - http://www.huffingto...utm_hp_ref=food

What will we do if there is no bacon?

How could this effect our health and diet?

Are they going to do anything to prevent or fix this?

Could this start a war?

Who will win the next American Idol?

THE HORROR!

Thoughts or opinions?

No one has liked this yet? *poof* done :) LOL

I just read this, and it sad to hear :( . Just goes to show dont take anything for granted!

Warning: The decline of bacon may lead to depression in some people. If you or a loved one notice symptoms such as crying, calling out bacon repeatedly or :wallbash: please call 1-800-BACON or contact your doctor.

Also there is this. I'm not sure if the number still works but it use to lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSReSGe200A&list=PL6C8323FED79716C7&index=3&feature=plcp

• Like 1

That's true. I was at the grocery store today and I saw normal pork bacon was double the normal price. Where as the turkey bacon was the same price.

Tastes kinda the same so that's what we got. Sad part is that it's just not as greasy. :(

Lol, healthier stuff tends to be like that. Huh... We're all going to need to make sacrifices to make it through this ordeal.

Increase in meat prices? How come? I only thought it meant bacon, not all sort of meat.

It's simple, the feedlot operators who supply the vast majority of beef buy year-old cattle and then fatten them for the slaughter. As fattening gets more expensive, the price they’re willing to pay for the yearlings declines, so the price of cattle in the futures market goes down, reducing breeders’ profits. In the short-term, drought and expensive feed lead to pre-emptive slaughter and an abundance of cheap meat. In the medium-term, however, this process leaves you with fewer animals to bring to the table, hence increase in meat prices.

^Well UK bacon is very different than "American" bacon. Their bacon is from the back cut of the pig and corresponds to what people call “Canadian bacon.” Our beloved bacon, made from pork belly, is known in the United Kingdom as “streaky bacon.” In Canada, interestingly, “bacon” means the exact same thing as in the United States, and they use the term “back bacon” to refer to what we call “Canadian bacon” and English people just call “bacon.” Which is simply a long-winded way of saying that the pork supply issue has nothing in particular to do with bacon.