Plasma Room

2pacAllEyezOnMe

Gamer Tag: A Blak Family

Map: http://www.halo.xbox...etails=30703099

On this map all players (preferably 8-16) spawn with plasma launchers in a room of one way shields for walls and shields on the floor and ceiling. Players shoot all 4 rounds at other players or wall and the plasma launcher rounds will bounce off the walls and floor until they stick to someone. When a player dies they spawn up top with 10 seconds to jump down back into the game.

Game Type: http://www.halo.xbox...etails=30703026

Screen Shot: http://www.halo.xbox...etails=30703085

If you look at the top of the ceiling there are four spots with 16 spawn points, so 4 in each spot, which is where players drop down into the game.

post-31229-0-29416100-1347838552_thumb.jpg

Do you have separate spawn rooms so players don't have the ability to spawn kill each other?

I remember a map just like this made in the first few weeks of reach. That had a nicer spawn mechanic and made use of armor abilities.

Players have enough time to charge up all 4 shots and then jump down which can prevent spawn killing. In games I make I try not to use armor abilities because I like the play style of halo 3 OG custom games not the Halo: Reach craziness. I will surely try to make different versions of the map until I get something that is satisfactory for the people who play it.

It's fun, hectic and plays well, except that I had to change the player health to 500% and damage to 100%. It was annoying to just jump down and get instantly killed by a stray plasma ball, maybe even one you shot. Also, I know there is a limited number of shields but the room is very small. I'd recommend using the rest of the sheilds to make the room a bit bigger, and maybe some odd angled walls and ceilings to make the ball path a little more chaotic/ interesting.

• Like 1

It's fun, hectic and plays well, except that I had to change the player health to 500% and damage to 100%. It was annoying to just jump down and get instantly killed by a stray plasma ball, maybe even one you shot. Also, I know there is a limited number of shields but the room is very small. I'd recommend using the rest of the sheilds to make the room a bit bigger, and maybe some odd angled walls and ceilings to make the ball path a little more chaotic/ interesting.

Thanks for the advice ill make sure to implement that in future versions of the game.