Halo 2 Anniversary: What Definately Needs.

Darkrain491

I was responding to other quotes...tell them what your point was.

Here was my relevant point in my quote...Give us H2 MP as it was, no jetpacks or any of that crap...we just want H2 back.

Go correct someone else.

Didn't mean it like that, and actually if read my comments, i essentially agree with you on that point.

Lol, back to the topic at hand, I agree with some of the others. If you're going to make a matchmaking re-boot aswell, please do not add any more "recent" Halo aspects to it. Keep the same weapons, jump height adjustments and lack of armour abilities. If it's going to be a Halo 2 Re-make (the re-make mainly being the graphics/achievements, as they did with Halo:CE Anniversarry) they shoul keep the base Halo 2 aspects in check while making it.

Lol, back to the topic at hand, I agree with some of the others. If you're going to make a matchmaking re-boot aswell, please do not add any more "recent" Halo aspects to it. Keep the same weapons, jump height adjustments and lack of armour abilities. If it's going to be a Halo 2 Re-make (the re-make mainly being the graphics/achievements, as they did with Halo:CE Anniversarry) they shoul keep the base Halo 2 aspects in check while making it.

THats exactly what i want, so there is somthing for everyone, weather they prefer the old or new gameplay.

I agree, the multiplayer would definitely have to be brought back. But I highly doubt this would happen, sadly.

Actually i believe the opposite will hold true. 343 will be trying to please fans to show they can handle Halo. so if they can pull of a good halo 2 Matchmaking revamp then that will make them VERY popular.

• 3 weeks later...

HALO 2 Remake??? kind of skeptical not sure you can ever re-create the magic and epicness that was Halo 2 from multiplayer to campagin no doubt the best halo make that one of the best games of all time the game that got xbox live started

Agreed and that's a good reason for an anniversary edition...people like me will then stop talking about it whether it's a good remaster or not. If they don't give us Live back, then you will see a real 'split in the community' like MS says they are trying to avoid.

If they do remaster H2, then instead of talking about a remake/remaster, we will talk about how great or crappy the remake/remaster was...just like any game, new or old.

I believe that you are right about not being able to recreate but they did OK with CEA CMP, they mostly left it alone. MP is another story altogether.

I will tell you exactly what they need to do to make Halo 2 Anniversary successful. Absolutely nothing. Convert the game as is from original Xbox to X360.

Look, I know I sound like someone living in the past, but people who PLAYED Halo 2 for a sufficient amount of time love the game. You say you hate the glitches, come on, be honest. If you were bored, didn't wanna play matchmaking what did you all do? Butterfly, rocket lunge, or hunt down the rare "golden warthog". Oh how naive I was.

The online play was the best by far of any game, and the final patch introduced made it even better. We didn't need kill streaks or armor bonuses; we didn't even need sprint! The maps had an even balance of both big team games and maps for team slayer. Assault was actually fun on Containment, Capture the Flag on Relic was out of this world. Heck, who doesn't miss Turf; by far the best map for not only slayer but 4v4 team games.

I don't care about the graphics, I just care that they stick to Halo 2 and keep it the same. I know this is only a pipe dream, or just call me a old Halo 2 veteran living in the past, but Halo 2 is by far the best Halo multiplayer experience created.

I know I'm probably going to get flamed for this post, but I was one of those Halo 2 protesters, when they shut down the servers. I sure I don't stand alone, however, with my comments.

• Like 1