Unique pre-order skins will eventually hit marketplace?

Unease Peanut

I have heard some rumours that all the unique pre-orders skins will be sold on marketplace.

And I was wondering is this really true? because that would kinda ruin the Exclusive part...

Frankie stated in an interview post ComicCon that all Pre-order bonuses (which are retailer exclusive) will eventually come out as a DLC pack on the Xbox Marketplace. The DLC pack will NOT include the LE and Console Armor, Armor Skins, and Weapons Skins. It will only include the pre-order bonuses. I will see if I can find the interview

Frankie stated in an interview post ComicCon that all Pre-order bonuses (which are retailer exclusive) will eventually come out as a DLC pack on the Xbox Marketplace. The DLC pack will NOT include the LE and Console Armor, Armor Skins, and Weapons Skins. It will only include the pre-order bonuses. I will see if I can find the interview

oh.. it was maybe that i heard, its sounds familiar when you say it :P

In other words, not everyone will be a Unicorn if they have the Console Armour :P

It's nice to know that the LE and Console ones won't be available to everyone else, now I just need money for the Console seeing as I have the LE almost paid of.

And it's also nice to know the other pre-order bonuses will be available. There a few that have caught my eye which means I'll have to acquire them some way, seeing as I ordered from my local Blockbusters, they don't have any pre-order bonuses :(

If you checked out what you get with everything in the Limited Edition which they just updated you probably won't care of what skin you get xD

I don't think it's that much of a loss, I can mix and match the LE Armour with other stuff :P

I agree...the LE and Console have pretty cool looking/interesting armor and skins. It will be nice that the Retailer excluive armor skins and bonuses will be available down the road in a DLC pack. Why 343i went with retailer exclusives is beyond me, I guess to charge for a pack later on lol

Everything is very interesting in the LE stuff as well as preorder bonuses.

However they will be overused a lot and I will probably want to use something else anyway. But I am still getting the LE and I am preordering. No reason just am. Just a way to hold my excitement in a little ball for a while.

Although people are confirming they will I personally wouldn't think they would. The Sangheili Officer and Flaming Helmet (Eternal doesn't count its blue lol) were never made avaliable to purchase by Bungie so like I said I wouldn't think they would. But they are different companies...

Frankie stated the Pre-Order Bonus DLC will only be just that, Pre-order bonuses. because they are retailer specific, they know that everyone wont get everything, so they are making a way to both make more money adn please everyone. Release a Pre-Order DLC pack. Sounds good to me

I hope the pre-order skins will hit the marketplace sometime, just like the Dog Tags on BF3 did.

But the custom skins for the Limited Edition and Console Bundle should not.

Agreed. I want to get my hands on the Raptor and Web Pre-order skins!

As I have previously stated, the Pre-order DLC pack will only contain the retailer specific Pre-Order bonuses. The LE and Console bonuses are unique to the LE and Console bundle. Just as the Reach flame helmet and elite officer never became availabel to the public.

• 1 month later...