Forum Color Palate

Sikslik7

Color Palate  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see color names changed for some colors on the site?

2. 2. Would you like to see more colors added to the site's color palate?

I was fooling around with the colors on one of my posts and I thought some color names were quite wierd the color they corresponded with. I went and pulled out my crayons just to make sure I was correct in what I thought the colors were.

Isn't plum slightly darker than regular purple and violet is a dark purple-blue?

This is plum

and this is violet here on the site

Brown on this site: THIS is brown and THIS is saddle brown

My brown crayons match the saddle brown better, and my plum and violet crayons are much darker than on this site.

Would anyone like to support a change of color names and add some better colors to the palate?

I liked the colours as they are now.

I don't see why they need changing.

The colors already here will remain, but I don't think a brick red is called brown. The point is to change certain names to fit the color better. Type "violet" in google images and you get a much different violet than the violet we have here.

• Like 1

The plum and voliet are pink! Not purple like they are supposed to be lol my point is that twam should put the right names on the colours but I'd say managing a entire forum and having a life must be hard and having the right name on a colour is not the most important thing so when ever twam has enough time can he please change it? :)

According to Hex Color Codes, Violet should be this color here which is code #4F2F4F, however it is much too dark for use on this site. There is another violet labeled as violet(SVG) that matches the color we currently use. Like Twam said, they appear to be correct names based on the Hex codes, they just are not "normal" to what we are used to seeing.

• Like 2