Promethean's not the real threat?

Tallgeese

In the latest OXM article on Halo 4, it is confirmed that the Covenant on Requiem are a splinter faction that still follows the beliefs of the Propghets. It also says that the Prometheans are protecting an ancient weapon, the same weapon the Covenant are looking for. So perhaps the Prometheans start as an enemy, but join with the Chief to stop the Covenant?

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/8350/article/halo-4-oxm-feature-sheds-light-on-rogue-covenant-faction/

What are your thoughts?

this is very interesting, and we also have to consider how the didact will play into this. If you remember the topic that i had with H$ cutscene, we know something wants to use the Infinity to escape Requiem. It is most likely the Didact, so maybe he is going to use the Infinty to get the ancient weapon off of Requiem, with help from the prometheans

or maybe the weapon is the Didact himself???because he is currently in his cryptum which we have seen in the campaign demo

I really think the Covie are the main enemies again. 343i is taking Halo back to its roots with Halo 4, everything is mirroring Halo CE at his point so who knows. it would be interesting to see if the Didact uses the Infinty in some master scheme.

("If we let him leave this planet, Humanity will be at risk")

"The feature also suggests that the Prometheans are protecting 'something important' on Requiem--presumably a weapon of mass destruction, or some such."

Thats what the article said, I am pretty sure its not a weapon the prometheans are defence AI, they protect the planet from intruding species. Because the shield world is a refugee planet from the flood. So I am thinking that after waking up from from their 1,000 or so one sleep They are pretty mad. But there could be a weapon that the prometheans are protecting. But there was no hints that pointed towards that.

Well i think the Promethean s would be the main threat due to there technological superiority over the UNSC and the Storm's.

Although, the Storms would also be a major threat due to the act that they are trying to gain access to a super weapon placed on Requiem.

So the Promethean s will be taking the Covenants Role, while the Storm's will be taking the Floods Role.

(Storm's is my nickname for the new Covenant Splinter Group since it was mentioned somewhere)

• Like 1

That is very interesting. I could see chief and the covenant both trying to get this artifact and the covenant would use it for bad while the motives for the UNSC are good. Such as the ability to get the Infinity off of Requeim.

("If we let him leave this planet, Humanity will be at risk")

"The feature also suggests that the Prometheans are protecting 'something important' on Requiem--presumably a weapon of mass destruction, or some such."

Thats what the article said, I am pretty sure its not a weapon the prometheans are defence AI, they protect the planet from intruding species. Because the shield world is a refugee planet from the flood. So I am thinking that after waking up from from their 1,000 or so one sleep They are pretty mad. But there could be a weapon that the prometheans are protecting. But there was no hints that pointed towards that.

well they wouldnt be there to protect shield world from the flood. Shield worlds have this sort of system that eliminates all flood forms upon enrty to the sheld world. It goes through ships and wipes out all traces of the flood. It would be impossible for the flood to get inside.

There could be two reasons why the prometheans are even on requiem:

1) they are protecting this ancient weapon

2) they are simply under leadership of the Didact

so they are attacking either under orders from the Didact or to protect something we dont know about

From the info we are slowly getting, it would seem more that the Prometheans are protecting some sort fo ancient weapon, whatever the weapon is. And that the only reason they are seen attacking Chief is because they think he is trying to get the weapon, which the covenant have already been confirmed to be doing.

From the info we are slowly getting, it would seem more that the Prometheans are protecting some sort fo ancient weapon, whatever the weapon is. And that the only reason they are seen attacking Chief is because they think he is trying to get the weapon, which the covenant have already been confirmed to be doing.

So we know ONI has a huge lust for power, and this thing is powerful. They could have sent the UNSC to go obtain this at all costs. Master Chief on the other hand comes in contact with the Didact and finds out why no one should use the mystery thing. Chief tries to convince the UNSC but at some point they ultimately fail.

So maybe at a point in the game we will be fighting Covenant, fighting forerunner to stop them from killing humans, and fighting humans because the UNSC needs the MC out of the way.

The biggest problem though is that many humans view Master Chief as a huge hero, but maybe in 2257 (or is it 6?) the UNSC has seen that Spartan II's have run their course and Spartan IV's are the way to go. Or when Parangosky reveals the secrets behind the Spartan II program all respect for them will be lost.

This would also really play some mind games with him and cause inner conflict which would add to his personality, which is something 343 wants to do.

I have a feeling the new trilogy is going to mirror the original trilogy. The begining is already a mirror of CE, opening from a cryo tube, crash landing on an unknown world, and facing 2 threats. My guess is that the Didact/prometheans will play the role of the oracle/sentinels from the original trilogy. But unlike the flood, the Prometheans will start as the bad guys and end up as allies. The covie will remain bad. And I dont think humans would not support the Chief, he is the MC and they all know who he is, they could care less what he is, his actions in the war made him a hero. if 343i really is mirroring the original trilogy, than they have a golden trilogy coming

I think this is going a similar route to Marathon Durandal storywise. Soldier and AI finds ominous planet (Like L'Howon in Durandal) alien race wants to get in your way, finds an elusive weapon to vanquish you (like the Trih Xeem/Early Nova). But there's one problem- a disgusting abomination escapes.

But everybody gets screwed in the end and existence itself is a mind-blowing trip.

this is very interesting, and we also have to consider how the didact will play into this. If you remember the topic that i had with H$ cutscene, we know something wants to use the Infinity to escape Requiem. It is most likely the Didact, so maybe he is going to use the Infinty to get the ancient weapon off of Requiem, with help from the prometheans

or maybe the weapon is the Didact himself???because he is currently in his cryptum which we have seen in the campaign demo

Ohhh wait so that orange glowing sphere that soared over chief in the beginning cutscene is the didact's cryptum?

So we know ONI has a huge lust for power, and this thing is powerful. They could have sent the UNSC to go obtain this at all costs. Master Chief on the other hand comes in contact with the Didact and finds out why no one should use the mystery thing. Chief tries to convince the UNSC but at some point they ultimately fail.

So maybe at a point in the game we will be fighting Covenant, fighting forerunner to stop them from killing humans, and fighting humans because the UNSC needs the MC out of the way.

The biggest problem though is that many humans view Master Chief as a huge hero, but maybe in 2257 (or is it 6?) the UNSC has seen that Spartan II's have run their course and Spartan IV's are the way to go. Or when Parangosky reveals the secrets behind the Spartan II program all respect for them will be lost.

This would also really play some mind games with him and cause inner conflict which would add to his personality, which is something 343 wants to do.

remember in the live action part of the campaign demo, they said the Infinity was "a vessel designed for battle, now repurposed for peace". Also, the Infinity was EMPed and sucked into requiem. It didnt go into the shield on purpose. and also remember the live cutscene for halo 4 that i put in a different topic. Del Rio wants to get off requiem as soon as possible without getting into a war

• 2 weeks later...

remember in the live action part of the campaign demo, they said the Infinity was "a vessel designed for battle, now repurposed for peace". Also, the Infinity was EMPed and sucked into requiem. It didnt go into the shield on purpose. and also remember the live cutscene for halo 4 that i put in a different topic. Del Rio wants to get off requiem as soon as possible without getting into a war

Not to mention the fact that they are soldiers. There will always be weapons on UNSC ships. And since this ship can hold almost 50000 people, im guessing they have a small munitions factory XD

Not equipped for war indeed...but I am sure they could hold out for quite some time. I almost see it as BSG vs Cylons...hit and run tactics. Like I have been saying in many of my other posts, 343i is mirroring CE, Massive ship crashes, remaining soldiers and resources conduct hit and run tactics against the Covie and new enemy.

• 2 weeks later...

Not to mention the fact that they are soldiers. There will always be weapons on UNSC ships. And since this ship can hold almost 50000 people, im guessing they have a small munitions factory XD

the Infinity was repurposed for scientific exploration. most of the personnel on the ship are scientists. they have some Spartan IVs and some marines for security who are armed with basic UNSC weapons and warthogs. The Elephant-like vehicle from the cutscene is evidence of this. its not a war vehicle but a transportation vehicle for large equipment and personnel. I also don't believe that Requiem is housing some WMD. It's a trilogy. So if the purpose of Requiem were to house a destructive and massive weapon, then whats the point of the next two sequels? The AI are defense AI who perceive the chief, the infinity and the covenant as threats. They may be controlled by someone who could call them off certain targets, but their purpose isn't gonna be about a large weapon like a halo array. Although I'm certain the ancient evil will play a role.

I always thought the Didact was essentially a "good guy". From what i've read, it seems that he stood for what is right (anyone can chime in here and correct me).

Everything said on this topic is very interesting; I just want it to be November 6th so I can figure out what's going on.