New Marines in Halo 4??

Victory Element

We have not seen any specific images showing the marines that will be in halo 4. We know there will be marines on board the Infinity so they will have a role in the campaign as always. This in an older picture, but i have neglected to notice some details. the guy to the right of chief appears to be smaller than the spartans in the room, and his face is exposed from the front of his helmet(spartans would have visors), and he lacks the amount of distinguishable armor that the other spartans have.

post-20993-0-98943800-1343867996_thumb.jpg

i would assume this is the new look for the marines in halo 4, but i may be wrong. what does averyone think of the new look??

I don't think that those are marines. They look good none the less. 343industries wouldn't cover up marines with helmets or powerful body armor. TO do so would detract from the Spartan's inhumane intimidation. The faces on the marines serve to contrast with the cold and powerful glare of the Spartans' helmets and visors.

More than likely I would assume that those are Spartan IV's that were or are aboard the UNSC Infinity. Considering how War Games is going to try and erase the line separating Campaign from multi-player it makes perfect sense that if Spartan IVs are in War Games, then they will more than likely make an appearance in Campaign.

I don't think that those are marines. They look good none the less. 343industries wouldn't cover up marines with helmets or powerful body armor. TO do so would detract from the Spartan's inhumane intimidation. The faces on the marines serve to contrast with the cold and powerful glare of the Spartans' helmets and visors.

More than likely I would assume that those are Spartan IV's that were or are aboard the UNSC Infinity. Considering how War Games is going to try and erase the line separating Campaign from multi-player it makes perfect sense that if Spartan IVs are in War Games, then they will more than likely make an appearance in Campaign.

i was specifically refering to the guys on the right on chief. Not the other two spartans with the blue visors

Every one says the ones on his left are spartan but I think they're ODST they are too small to be Spartans; But the marine looks weird... just out of place i thought they would've gone for something similar to reach

Theyre not too small to be spartan IV's we haven't seen a spartan IV compared to a II but they are a little bit taller than a normal human.

Do we know those are Spartans? I thought they could be upgraded ODST's.

i'm sure they are spartans. we have seen what the ODST helmet looks like in the flag and oddball assassination vid. It definately not the same helmet, and i think the armor would be too heavy for a normal ODST to be wearing

Theyre not too small to be spartan IV's we haven't seen a spartan IV compared to a II but they are a little bit taller than a normal human.

Actually Spartan 4;s are just veteran UNSC soldiers, they volunteer for Spartan program so they could be any height at all.

Actually Spartan 4;s are just veteran UNSC soldiers, they volunteer for Spartan program so they could be any height at all.

Well they still undergo augmentations, and there was a screenshot(sorry couldn't find it) that showed a spartan IV standing next to Lasky in a pelican, so we already know they are a bit taller then a ordinary human.

something that interests me with this image is the darkness on the "marine's" face. the rest of the image seems to have good lighting, but the marine seems to be covered in a shadow. I dont know if this is just coincidence since it is part of a video clip, but is it something else i noticed. I dont know if 343 would try to hide something simple like the marine's face

Well they still undergo augmentations, and there was a screenshot(sorry couldn't find it) that showed a spartan IV standing next to Lasky in a pelican, so we already know they are a bit taller then a ordinary human.

A spartan III, Lucy, is only 5 foot 4 inchs.

And I think in one of the books it describes how the augmentations were improved upon since anyone could become a Spartan III really. So I don't see why an augmentation would make you a giant.

A spartan III, Lucy, is only 5 foot 4 inchs.

And I think in one of the books it describes how the augmentations were improved upon since anyone could become a Spartan III really. So I don't see why an augmentation would make you a giant.

We're talking about Spartan IV's, not III's. IV's are volunteers from the military who would undergo augmentations, and its assumed that these augmentations would make them a bit taller than a normal human. And it was confirmed that the soldier in the pic I'm talking about is a spartan IV because it is a screenshot from spartan ops

Nah,the other two behind the chief are spartans,if you freeze frame the trailer where the image came from,their suits match his except for a few minor details and they're just as tall as him.

The other guy could be a marine but the suit could for EVA combat,i don't think it's a shadow but part of his helmet,maybe a smaller short visor guard obscuring his eyes that look to me like he's wearing full dark wraparound shades,or maybe it's part of the helmet.

We're talking about Spartan IV's, not III's. IV's are volunteers from the military who would undergo augmentations, and its assumed that these augmentations would make them a bit taller than a normal human. And it was confirmed that the soldier in the pic I'm talking about is a spartan IV because it is a screenshot from spartan ops

Spartan III's went under augmentations too like Spartan II's. Only this time the procedures were more perfected that the previous time.

So if some short guy wanted to become a Spartan he could and keep his normal height.

And I'm not talking about the picture, I'm just saying that Spartans can be short or tall now.

Spartan III's went under augmentations too like Spartan II's. Only this time the procedures were more perfected that the previous time.

So if some short guy wanted to become a Spartan he could and keep his normal height.

And I'm not talking about the picture, I'm just saying that Spartans can be short or tall now.

with the spartan IVs, they are just recruited from the military. The point of the program is to build strength in numbers, so they are not augmented as much as the previous spartans. They are meant to be effective in large groups and they are more "expendable" than the previous spartans. They can be replaced in a short time with an easy process, so they dont undergo that much augmentation