Halo 4 Master Chief Death Theory

Preatorian60

I don't understand how this thread is still titled 'Halo 4 Master Chief Death Theory' when he obviously doesn't die. That's bogus, and we should make a general random story theories thread for Halo Universe. So we can stop flooding with repetitive "information"....

i never really thought about this, but it is a good point

Honestly, we "got the record amount" of threads in Halo 4 through repetitive posts, especially threads that mimic another one. It's not me to ruin any fun but damn. This'll get us in trouble some day.

You haven't seen repetitive posts or topics yet. Just wait until the game comes out.

here watch this vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDB6slZZVGA

but i'm sure cheif wont die in halo 4. He is the main character and you have to think about what the future halos will be like. I also hope he doesnt die in halo 6.....

maybe it will be like star wars and chief will find an apprentice who will end up as the new main character :laughing:

Awwww... someone beat me to it...

• 3 weeks later...

maybe this is like star wars and MC has an apprentice that we dont know about. If Chief dies, his apprentice will rise and become the new MC........

nope. Chief cant be replaced. Please dont die

the cheif cant die for one heroes never die and second he is iconic figure of the xbox and xbox 360

Master Chief has to die, its inevitable, he's getting older and after the life he's lived he's has nothing to go back to, he's never lived a normal life and never could.

hes acually not that old considering that the augumentations slow his growth rate by half and hes been in a cryotube for more than 5 years

Does anyone else think this is a good idea for a part of halo 4?

ok now in the halo 4 trailer cortana is screaming "i will not let you leave this planet!" to something/someone offscreen then you see cheifs hand as he clenches his fist. now what if chief is presumed dead or he dies and whoever kills him is trying to leave the planet and she is mad at them for killing him hence the "i will not let you leave this planet!". and possibly chief is not actually dead hence him clenching his fist.

What do you guys think?

This is very, very unlikely. Let's take some facts into account.

1. Master Chief is the center of the Halo games. 343i has announce there will be a Halo 5 and 6.

2. This is the first Halo game that 343i has done, and the community is kind of iffy about them as it is. If they kill off the chief on their first game, it's blatantly obvious every single Halo player will be very, very angry with them, leading to a serious drop in sales for Halo 5 and 6.

3. The cutscene looks to take place just after the Chief reaches the Infinity, which is towards the beginning of the game. Who are we going to be playing as if the Chief dies in the beginning of the game?

These three facts pretty much shatter the theory that he dies in Halo 4. If 343i kills off the chief in their first run at Halo, then they are going to lose the largest amount of players ever seen. That's not only bad for business, but it's corporate suicide.

This is very, very unlikely. Let's take some facts into account.

1. Master Chief is the center of the Halo games. 343i has announce there will be a Halo 5 and 6.

2. This is the first Halo game that 343i has done, and the community is kind of iffy about them as it is. If they kill off the chief on their first game, it's blatantly obvious every single Halo player will be very, very angry with them, leading to a serious drop in sales for Halo 5 and 6.

3. The cutscene looks to take place just after the Chief reaches the Infinity, which is towards the beginning of the game. Who are we going to be playing as if the Chief dies in the beginning of the game?

These three facts pretty much shatter the theory that he dies in Halo 4. If 343i kills off the chief in their first run at Halo, then they are going to lose the largest amount of players ever seen. That's not only bad for business, but it's corporate suicide.

couldn't have said it better myself

Does anyone else think this is a good idea for a part of halo 4?

ok now in the halo 4 trailer cortana is screaming "i will not let you leave this planet!" to something/someone offscreen then you see cheifs hand as he clenches his fist. now what if chief is presumed dead or he dies and whoever kills him is trying to leave the planet and she is mad at them for killing him hence the "i will not let you leave this planet!". and possibly chief is not actually dead hence him clenching his fist.

What do you guys think?

Five and Six will be bad if they kill MC

Some of the responses to this thread are ridiculous, honestly. I've noticed a lot of people say Master Chief will die in Halo 6. Or even that they couldn't end the series without him dying at the end. I find that completely absurd. Not because I'm under the impression that Master Chief is Superman and "omg my hero can never die nooo". But only because of the spirit and idea behind the original Halo series.

Halo was not about the growth and progression of Master Chief. It was not about that in ANY WAY. Master Chief was a monotone, essentially emotionless, 'god of war' sort of hero. He was always confident, calm and collected. He was essentially a cliche. Which in almost any other story would've been boring and unrelatable. Not too many people can relate to Master Chief, and stories are normally played out better when you can relate to the main character. Halo was more based off of the character development and the war progression around Master Chief. The immersion was all based on how powerful and vast these threats were, and how hopeless everyone /else/ was.

But not you. Not the player. Not Master Chief. Master Chief would be the placeholder to allow you to destroy hordes upon hordes of covenants (and here's the important part) while avenging and protecting the people around you. The deaths of the supporting characters around you that had been developed, as well as the hopelessness of the civilians and other soldiers and even other Spartans. (In the case of Reach.) This all built up the story and created tension and vulnerability in the player.

But it was never Master Chief who was vulnerable. The second you were able to get back on the field as Chief, you would eliminate everything around you. You were untouchable. It was that contrast that made the Halo series so endearing. They did such a great job of forming this tension by having weak supporting characters and hordes of threats to face, but you were always able to turn the battle with the fearless hero that you played as.

SOOO when the game is so much more based on the character development of everyone EXCEPT the character you play as, Chief, there's no reason to have him killed at the end. He doesn't need to die to have a conclusion to the game. He didn't change throughout the series. He was always the same way.

Watch through the cutscenes again throughout Halo. Listen to what the Chief always says.

Halo 1: We'll make it.

Halo 2: We'll make it -and- Sir, Finishing this fight.

Halo 3: We'll make it.

(Obviously there are tons of other Master Chief quotes, but I was noting them as reference to his 'action hero' nature. "Chief, we're not gonna maaake iiit!" ---> "We'll make it." A very natural response for the character.)

He doesn't change. He's always that monotone, deep voiced, action hero. That's what HE was meant to be in this series. The deep-voiced, monotone action hero doesn't need to die to complete the series. Halo 3 did it right. "Wake me when you need me." THAT was true to the series. Confident and blunt. It was a brilliant last line for the Chief. That was the original ending to the series, and it did a wonderful job without killing off Chief, didn't it?

And I hope they do that again.

A death of Master Chief at the end of Halo 6 would be nowhere near as climactic as you think, and seems like it would betray the idea of his character.

Again, not because I feel that 'zomg mastercheef should always be alive he's the best' but just because of the carefree, hysterical character design Bungie clearly had in mind for him.

Stay true to the character, 343! Create immersion without feeling the need to just kill off the main character at the end. That's /exactly/ what Bungie did, and they did an okay job at making Halo. xD

• Like 1

Master Chief's death would do it for me, we all know its coming probably at the end of Halo 6 who knows. It will be the same thing i went through for Johnson and *Spoiler Dom from Gears 3 Spoiler* But well get over it and we will have to accept the chief is gone and he has become one with the stars.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Sorry kidos, chief died at 3, the rest of these games are just 343 milking the corpse, desecrating it. 

It literally shows that 343 doesnt understand what The Master Chief really is, they show their inabillity to understand chief by showing his face at the end of halo 5. 

Master chief is no man he is a symbol, he is us the player, which is why we never see his face. I refuse to support this cash grab from 343, ironically named after the guilty spark.

Halo reach was literally the  best first person shooter i have ever played in my life, that game i literally played for a year straight with only few games between. 4 on the other hand barely lasted a week, the first days you want to believe "this is halo, this is halo" but after finishing the campaign you know, halo is dead. Bungie went and became one of activison and was wipped into becoming just as corrupt as them, they literally tried to not only unlawfully fire the composer for destiny but tried to sell his work to other people.

For all us Quote on Quote "Oldies", Halo died, everything that was and is halo, ended at 3, where we finished the fight. Now halo is left to the "Generation as a companiy trys to make halo into a "E game" so it could more popular and gain more money. I bet you in the future Halo will forsake the one reason it was truly unique, the story. In its place will be multiplayer that im sure will be amazing. After all money is the only 343 cares about, and they cant tell a story let alone take the time to play and understand Halo for themselves. I'm sure one day someone will be playing halo X and wonder where did it originate? and then they will have to see the disgusting, depressing Fall Of Halo. Woopdie doo, my childhood game is literally dead, maybe one day ill get my hands on the halo franchise and whip it into the piece of art it once was, Until then enjoy this very pretty corpse, it looks alive, but its rotting like every other corpse does.

Edited by RedStarRocket91
Removed inappropriate language.