Prometheans have human skulls

Victory Element

I think you guys need to take a step back and gain a new perspective. Look at that skull - some would say it resembles a humans'. However, I think our skull resembles the Prometheans. Look, these AI were developed a really long time ago - and if you look closely, there are some great differences between a human skull and the Prometheans' 'skull'. Jaw and nose structures are almost completely different. So sure, there may be some similarities, but that's all they may be - similarities.

• 3 weeks later...

I spoiler tagged this in case I am right and it does contain spoilers from Primordium and Cryptum, also based on the Halo 4 we have seen so far.:3

What if the Prometheans are humans O.o Ancient humans? The composer must have something to do with this. The composer is a machine/forerunner who can turn organic things into AI's. Ancient Humans (100,000) years ago were very intelligent and were considered almost rivals to the Forerunners. If the Didact hated humans and if the Librarian indexed humanity for repopulation then wouldn't it be possible that the Didact could use this machine to bring them back in the form of Prometheans? We can not rule out the possibility. I spoiler tagged this in case I was right and that there is a lot of stuff from cryptum and primordium

i didnt read all 6 pages of this thread, but i dont think anyone has meantioned the drivers! if you look at the promeatheans than you can see little baby arms that just sit there and do nothing, i believe that those are the drivers of the promeathean armor suit, much like the human in a spartan, i think they work like that, soo how does this tie back, well this is a crazy idea and is out of the box, but what if the head you see inside the promeathean armor is the drivers head, and since its pissed its, going to poke its head out and scream at you, im sure its cramped in those suits i would want to come out for some fresh air everyone in a while! soooo this brings up another idea, for an assassination, how about chief jumps on its back, pries open its mask, and smashes hit in the face, that would be badass!!!! soo there you go my opinion on the topic

I spoiler tagged this in case I am right and it does contain spoilers from Primordium and Cryptum, also based on the Halo 4 we have seen so far.:3

What if the Prometheans are humans O.o Ancient humans? The composer must have something to do with this. The composer is a machine/forerunner who can turn organic things into AI's. Ancient Humans (100,000) years ago were very intelligent and were considered almost rivals to the Forerunners. If the Didact hated humans and if the Librarian indexed humanity for repopulation then wouldn't it be possible that the Didact could use this machine to bring them back in the form of Prometheans? We can not rule out the possibility. I spoiler tagged this in case I was right and that there is a lot of stuff from cryptum and primordium

And what if the Ddact wanted to go to Earth to use the composer and turn mankind into Prometheans????

The forerunners were human but they were on another planet and more evoled and the knights r made up of.the.body's off the.dead forerunner and humans that they cloned

No, they are a completely different species, read the books

Um I know they are small, but why exactly are spoilers about mission names and such being posted in this discussion......?

I looked in because I have been following this, and I have seen some stuff that is getting so close to ruining parts of the game that I have to bring this up.

In case you haven't heard. 343i released achievements and one of them is called Composer which is a mission and a machine that turns organisms into AI's

I heard, but I think it might be midnight. I don't know why, but it would make sense, prometheans attacking earth, so it'd be like darkness

I read about Ivanoff Station orbiting installation 03 if that helps. It is mentioned in Halo: Glasslands and it seems too important to just forget about that too. The place is surrounded in secrecy.

The Ivanoff is a UNSC orbital research facility stationed near Installation 03. It was built after the Office of Naval Intelligence discovered the location of the Installation after the end of the Human-Covenant War. In March 2553, Catherine Halsey was indefinitely detained here by Admiral Margaret Parangosky,[1] as retribution for lying to her about the creation and deployment of flash clones during the SPARTAN-II Program's early phases.[2] Catherine Halsey was later allowed to work on the UNSC Infinity[3] but she was to be transferred back to the station after finishing

They just found another Halo and don't go into detail very much about it, could Installation 03 be the location of the composer. I can't wait until more details are released on this. I will try to finish The Thursday War to see more details.

They are not Human Skulls, they are Forerunner Skulls as they are Forerunner embodied inside the Knight Armor, the Armor acts as a sarcophogus, or coffin if you will and preserves the remains of the Forerunner within, its possible the process of being composed reverses any Mutations or shrivels the being up as if they were mummified.

The Forerunners have alot of similarities to the Egyptians and their beliefs, so this isnt surprising, but everyone needs to realize the skulls are not Human, they have no resemblence and are definately the skulls of Forerunner, the nostrils are more like most Monkeys more animal and primitive, look at the Nose, the Canines, have you not seen a Human Skull?

That clearly does not appear Human in any form, look up a Human Skull on google if you must lol, and then compare the two, they are clearly very very different, if thats not enough I will post a concept art of what the facial structure would look like if the skull had flesh, muscle,.

They are not Human Skulls, they are Forerunner Skulls as they are Forerunner embodied inside the Knight Armor, the Armor acts as a sarcophogus, or coffin if you will and preserves the remains of the Forerunner within, its possible the process of being composed reverses any Mutations or shrivels the being up as if they were mummified.

The Forerunners have alot of similarities to the Egyptians and their beliefs, so this isnt surprising, but everyone needs to realize the skulls are not Human, they have no resemblence and are definately the skulls of Forerunner, the nostrils are more like most Monkeys more animal and primitive, look at the Nose, the Canines, have you not seen a Human Skull?

That clearly does not appear Human in any form, look up a Human Skull on google if you must lol, and then compare the two, they are clearly very very different, if thats not enough I will post a concept art of what the facial structure would look like if the skull had flesh, muscle,.

I know its clearly not human

Those skulls look kinda like human skulls, but are not almost identical. In fact, the differences are so many, I KNOW it wasn't based off of a human skull. /discussion.

Agreed, I believe those prometheans are left over from the Human-Forerunner war, and they were used to scare or "freak out" the humans they fought

They would have looked sort of similar to humans then. Heck, they have a history with Humans and supposedly "made" them. I'm sure somehow, it will fit in. Hopefully. Jeez, 343 need to think before they do things...

Pre-historic humans were devolved after the human forerunner war

yes, but they never said a forerunner was is it, they just said it was a sarcophagus

The nose and upper jaw are different, looks almost as if it has a bit of a snout.

pAV7A.jpg

I think the "skull" encased in the helmet of the Promethean Knights is simply Forerunner. Forerunners had few anatomical similarities to humans, and that is what we see in the above picture. Similar brow and eye sockets can be noticed. However, the noses, jaws, and teeth are very different. The Promethean "skull" has a short snout with large nostrils. The human skull has only a visible nasal spine where the cartilage structure would have been in life. The Promethean's teeth are much longer and wider than human teeth. The mandibles on the Promethean's "skull" seem to have an indent on the meeting point of the chin, but that can also rarely be seen in humans. The interesting part about the Promethean's jaw is the bone structure near the bottom that juts out to the sides, where as a human's jaw has a very smooth and rounded angle.

I believe that the skull inside the Promethean's head piece is a Promethean skull, and only resembles a human skull because the two species had slightly similar anatomies. Perhaps we will get a look at a Forerunner's face in Halo 4, and we will judge then.