Visible Bloom in Halo 4: Yes or No?

Tallgeese

Visible Bloom in Halo 4: Yes or No?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should Bloom be visible in Halo 4?

Bloom is a necessary part of any Halo game. It's been in the games since Halo 1, although not visible via reticule. Pretty much every weapon has bloom. The faster you fire, the more wild, and less accurate your shots become, involving more skill and patience, requiring you to pace your shots, rather than spray and pray. Yes, I say bloom needs to say. It wouldn't make any sense without it.

• Like 2

Keep it like halo 2 and 3. Without the reticule moving, it gives a bit more confidence when you need to hit that final shot to get the kill. In reach, it was more like "please hit him! please hit him!". It also helps the gameplay move a bit faster because people arent watching their reticule the whole time trying to pace their shots

Having visible bloom is really not that bad, it just makes you take care to pace your shots really. I would agree with having it on single fire weapons but not the BR, I actually believe that is how it is right now anyway from watching footage of Halo 4, I could be incorrect though.

no bloom no. okay maybe the pistol but even the dmr shouldnt have bloom its a long range riffle its not like any spartan is actually going to lose control over their gun instead to balance the sandbox the dmr should just be more accurate than the BR but shoot slower so its better at a distance but worse mid to close range that way everything has a place

BR FOR LIFE!

no bloom no. okay maybe the pistol but even the dmr shouldnt have bloom its a long range riffle its not like any spartan is actually going to lose control over their gun instead to balance the sandbox the dmr should just be more accurate than the BR but shoot slower so its better at a distance but worse mid to close range that way everything has a place

BR FOR LIFE!

It isn't that easy but yes, BR for life.

Bloom is the expansion of the center reticle when firing a weapon continuously, thus increasing the spread of the shots fired. There has been bloom since Halo CE, however, it was not until Reach that Bloom became visible to the player.

OHHHHH, tough question now that I know about this "Bloom". But I'll go with everyone else, I like bloom on semi automatic weapons except the Sniper Rifle. I use the DMR and the Pistol quite a bit and bloom helps me out in keeping a good flow on my shots. But I really don't see the point in making bloom visible in weapons such as the AR, Spartan Laser, Rocket Launcher, Shotgun, Machine Gun or any other automatic gun Human or Covenant. And yes I am aware that the SL and the RL as well as the shotgun are not automatic weapons.

You never had to time your shots in previous halo's before reach simply because bloom had zero affect on where the shots went unless you were shooting at a wall, or using an automatic weapon. If your reticle is red on an enemy then I say your shot should be hitting like they used to.

Halo 1 you had to lead your shots, but if you were good you could consistently get 3 shot kills.

Halo 2 they hit when your reticle was red, 4 shot kills were a breeze.

Halo 3 had bullet spread, quite different than bloom (aka not all 3 rounds from a br burst came out at the same time), 5 shot kills seemed to be the norm because of this.

Halo Reach had bloom like how everyone thinks when they hear "bloom" mentioned for an fps, not even sure what the average shots per kill was in this one before zero bloom settings were introduced.

Bloom was one of the worst changes made to the Halo franchise. With the DMR bloom on Reach there are too many shot inconsistencies.

And thats why they invented it, so people would stop spamming shots, and start timing better which made the game more realistic.
  • Like 2

And thats why they invented it, so people would stop spamming shots, and start timing better which made the game more realistic.

There's a difference between shot spamming and shooting accurately. If I aim my shots accurately I should be rewarded with the kill, not more shots to fire. That's the way Halo has always been and I'm sure that's why 343 is fixing the bloom to reset faster in Halo 4, so that it won't affect gameplay like that anymore. If every single person had to wait for the bloom to reset battles would be slower and tedious. But hardly anybody does because there's a better chance of someone shooting faster and taking their chances on getting a headshot at the end. And that's why it's terrible for Halo, bloom is all about chance. Even though I should be rewarded with the kill for aiming accurately and steady sometimes that won't determine whether I get that kill.

I've never heard of Bungie or 343 saying that about making it realistic. In fact, 343 added Zero Bloom to the playlists because bloom was disliked by so many. If I wanted a more realistic shooting experience I would play video games that emphasize military perspectives or I would go to my nearest shooting range.