Ongoing and Upcoming Events and Contests

Absolute Dog

There are a number events and contests on going and coming up at the end of this month and beginning of next month. This will be an easy to use, link to thread collection of what is going on and coming up.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< o >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

There is currently an on going Discussion Group that allows members, in groups of 3 or 4, to have a direct discussion about the forum, suggestions, changes needs,etc. This more intimate discussion allows for direct input with those who can make them happen.

The upcoming Senior Member Round Table is an upcoming open group discussion via XBL with a maximum of 15 members to talk freely in front of other senior members and Moderator/Moderators. This open discussion will differ from the other one because your thoughts, ideas and suggestion will get the immediate feedback of your fellow peers and moderators.

The Slayer Play Date schedule for the last Saturday of this month, July 28th being held In Halo 3 will continue our beloved monthly Community Play Dates and be visited by some special guests.

The

Spectral Jester Play Date will be an opportunity for all members to show there respect and gratitude for our retired Site Moderator. He was beloved by all members, a founding member of this forum and responsible for helping build this forum into what we have today.

We are finally getting the Staff vs Members play date going. The Director had this idea a while back and it was well liked, but the staff lacked the numbers to compete. Now it will be a reality. A special award will be created for this unique play date.

DoctorB77's DGL Forge Contest for 1 vs 1 Slayer maps is under way and getting good response from our community. It will also be the recipient of the first map I have ever entered in a contest of this forum. The map is called Core and it will be a good example my style of forge for slayer maps. See if you can compete with my forge offering!

DoctorB77's DGL-Doc's Gaming League for 343 Industries Community Forum is a series that I would love to see take off and get the support of our membership. Doc has put a lot of work into this and the supporting site and it deserves our attention. I will be working with him to help this succeed and a way to reward participants or winners.

I am currently working a completely new contest for the members that I will announce next week that will be unique to this forum. Where the idea has been around, most likely, since man first challenged his fellow man to a test of strength and ability. The difference is we are going to kick it Halo style. A good deal of forge effort is going into this contest and it will span most of forge world. I am creating a lot of this myself and am receiving help from others. It will be a team as well as an individual contest. We will need a few members from the community to help record this event. We will also work ensure that recorded video be made available to out maichinima creators for use in their work.

A new forge contest is coming that again will be unlike any of our previous ones. It will posted at the beginning of the month keep our forging community busy!

Finally, Hotdog wants to create a Community Map Pack that will reflect what our communities forgers have to offer. I will be working with "Little Dog" to help make this a reality. Initially, we will offering the winners of our previous forge contests for this map pack. Please be patient as he and I work together to make this a reality.

Links for the contests and events no yet announced will be added when available.

• Like 9

I am discussing the Community Map Pack 2 with Hotdog but I want to actually start making the maps for it.

I'm really excited for AD's new Forge Contest in August, can't wait to start Forging for that.

My map for Doc's Forge Contest is almost complete, just needs some tweaks and a some more 1v1's.

The new contest that you are working on sounds really exciting, and I really look forward to helping in that. I would love to record, and would love for it to be used in some machinima projects in the future.

Thank you for posting this Absolute Dog, I am really looking forward to all these events. :)

• Like 1

We'll be finishing it. Absolute Dog will be heading it once again :D

this is what is happening the people who already made a map for April's that is your map for this contest. So we are gonna get new contestants.

What happened to the April Forge Contest? It was started back up again but now I haven't heard a thing. I think it should be just cancled, and a new one made for August. April participates should be able to re-enter the map they entered from April into August.

What happened to the April Forge Contest? It was started back up again but now I haven't heard a thing. I think it should be just cancled, and a new one made for August. April participates should be able to re-enter the map they entered from April into August.

Yea Derp King that's kind of what's happening