Drop-in/Drop-out of matches now?

Sova

Well its just released in the gaming news that Halo 4 will feature the ability to drop in and out of matches. I'm not so sure this is a good idea. I know deranking and people not playing is quite annoying and frustrating but having people now able to drop-out will just give people all the more reason to quit. Drop-in I think would help with those who quit matches...still doesn't solve those who decide to run around and not do anything.

Drop-in has a large chance to disrupt a game though. If there is a trueskill-esque team-maker in H4, and people quit and are replaced in a match, those replacements could totally throw off the balance.

Maybe if it searched for a player of similar skill level, it could work.

Also, a possibility to lower the number of quitters would be to have a certain amount of games you can quit in a day. If you're having a really bad day and reach your quit quota, or are trying to derank (If possible. If so, it would slow you down a lot) you can't quit any more matches.

Just throwing out ideas here.

• Like 1

As jestermeister said it can affect the balance of a map quickly. People have been quoting halo matches for years and I'm sure there will be some form of punishment for quitting games.

As far as joining all I want is the option to not join a game in session. I would hate to constantly coming into matches on a losing team. The reason it would probably be the losing team is that of is probably the reason the original player left in the first place. I'm ok with people joining my game as long ad I don't have to join their's.

• Like 1

Well ive used this argument before. Halo CE for online PC, had join in progress games, and to me it worked perfectly, so i see no problem of it. Had fun on CE, why not this new game?

People claim to be Halo fans since the beginning. I also had no problem with Joining in Progress in H:CE. But nobody likes to enter on the loosing team. Specially if its a crushing lost, like 2 - 49 (or 20 - 490 as in Halo 4's point system)

Quitters are going to quit no matter what type of system they put into place. If you can drop out/in, quitting will go unnoticed. It will become so common that it will just be part of the game and it just won't matter. You won't be stuck by yourself against 4 people for 10 minutes this way. They're accomodating the rage quitter because they are so prevalent now.

I could see this going either way. It could blow if people are always leaving games. But if people are joining when someone leaves, thats good. I think it would be safe if there was a way to discourage people from leaving though. Sort of like Halo 3, it would give you a warning. So you would lose a point or credits or whatever when you leave a game, but it wouldnt get you banned.

I could see this going either way. It could blow if people are always leaving games. But if people are joining when someone leaves, thats good. I think it would be safe if there was a way to discourage people from leaving though. Sort of like Halo 3, it would give you a warning. So you would lose a point or credits or whatever when you leave a game, but it wouldnt get you banned.

That's true. But let's face it, people WILL quit whether there is a penalty or not. I think they're going about this the right way.

That's true. But let's face it, people WILL quit whether there is a penalty or not. I think they're going about this the right way.

I do agree, but with the penalty, it does discourage people from doing it. And thats primarily the point. I would encourage that if I was on the matchmaking team, but thats just me.

I hope its just like you can join a friends game if someone quit. I hate when i get in a game of cod and were loosing badly and or i get in the game just two take two steps and have it be over. I hope you cannot join an already started match via matchmaking searching.

Personally I think they should make it to where you can only join in a game that's not yet half over. That way you minimize the "join in on the losing terribly side" and you get enough playtime in to enjoy a game.

This will certainly be to the advantage of BTB players where losing 2 players before the match begins tends to result in 2 ghosts, 2 wraiths, a falcon, a rocket hog, and sniper all preying on your teams base. Of course I wouldn't want to be the person who has to join in the middle of that mess. It'll give the losing team the ability to take back control and make the game more balanced.

However If I'm playing swat I'd prefer to just play 1v4... personal preference because it's so easy to win when you have 4 times as many heads to pop.

First off I'm oppose to this idea. Personally I actually like to be on a team with fewer players on it. I don't like the idea of joining a game that's already in progress. If they do happen to include this then I hope there is a serious punishment for quitting. I'm sure the developers have been thinking this over and want whats best as it's a huge part of the game.

Certainly has pros and cons. Pros- Someone leaves and your friend join like you've wanted them to for awhile. Your entire team leaves... people can still join. (god, I need that one so bad.) Cons: What if you join the losing side? Everyone leaves on one side and the winning team is all happy because they have won. Bam! Someone joins the other team. You're playing infection and you're the last man standing and you don't want everyone to know where you're at, so you quickly commit suicide and someone joins that exact second. I have mixed feelings about this.

• 1 month later...

What I like about Halo is that when you start a game, you know where everyone spawns and no one have any advantage except if the map provides it when game starts... Being thrown in a game you have no idea when powerweapon spawns, does any1 have any etc... Hope its just in some playlist and you will be able to choose to play with it or not... :(