Nelkrons who are they? Do they actually exist?

M4sT3r Ch13f S117

I have been looking or browsing the Internet to see any new things about Halo 4 but every once in a while I find something about a species called Nelkrons. I am not sure if they actually exist. However I was able to find a description on them.

The following is quoted: "

Nelkrons are an ancient enemy of the fore-runners, but were eventually defeated and all trapped inside a giant prison until the halo array fired which freed them.

The nelkrons are biomechanical life forms with the power to convert energy to matter and matter to energy at will. They are able to mutate into any form they want, but their appearance generally esembles a mechanical humanoid with a birdlike head. Somewhat similar to the myrs from magic the gathering."

On other sources I have heard that they have re-populated on sigma 7.

Again I am not sure if this is true or if they even exist but if you have any information or here say about them please post.

Also here is a shadowy figure/image I was ale to find I am not sure what is is. Also look closley at image and study for a few seconds it is a little hard to see. You should not have any problems though.

http://www.halo4news...lol-300x277.jpg

If they were the new enemy I believe they would look something like this which is a Myr from magic gathering cards:

http://www.google.co...:14,s:271,i:203

• Like 1

If this were true this would be very interesting. I have never heard of Nelkrons before but they sound like they'd be hard to fight and would make sense to be an ancient, dark threat. However it wouldn't help much if they were repopulating on Sigma 7 because Chief is landing on Requiem.

Nelkrons are an ancient enemy of the fore-runners, but were eventually defeated and all trapped inside a giant prison until the halo array fired which freed them.

The nelkrons are biomechanical life forms with the power to convert energy to matter and matter to enercy at will. They are able to mutate into any form they want, but their appearance generally esembles a mechanical humanoid with a birdlike head. Somewhat similar to the myrs from magic the gathering.

The Nelkrons after they escaped their prison began rebuilding their civilisation on sigma 17 as well as other nearbye worlds and systems. Their ancient quarrel with the fore-runners is unknown (to me), but the reason they are attacking the humans (as I have been able to put it together) is because the ancient humans had allied with the fore-runners against them.

If this were true this would be very interesting. I have never heard of Nelkrons before but they sound like they'd be hard to fight and would make sense to be an ancient, dark threat. However it wouldn't help much if they were repopulating on Sigma 7 because Chief is landing on Requiem.

Ah, but see, here lies the problem. "Nelkrons are an ancient enemy of the forerunners, but were eventually defeated and all trapped inside a giant prison until the halo array fired which freed them." Which firing is being refered to? The first one the forerunners did? If so, then that means they have been rebuilding for 100,000 years. More than enough time to repopulate one world, and start moving to others.

I think In one of the old trailers or leaked videos I saw a 'mechanical being' with a bird-like head for a split-second. Don't know if this is true though.

I am not sure if it is fan fiction or not but the wording sounds professional. Again I am not sure but if you Google search Halo Nelkrons there will be multiple hits with the same description. However, I believe it would be a new threat like no other. Furthermore, If they were freed from the first firing they would have had plenty of time to re-populate and rebuild. Which would mean they would be a very advanced civilization of beings that would be very difficult to defeat. If they are the new enemy it would lead off a new trilogy and a new milestone for Halo. Remembering this is just speculation and non of this has been confirmed. Keep posting.

That's true, if this is a real race then how did people hear of them. I don't think they're in any books are they?

Again I am not 100% sure but speculation about this race on most of the sites anyways started up just a little while before Halo 4 was announced. Perhaps a set up I'm not sure. Either way cant wait until NOVEMBER 6. If you have any more questions or information please post.

Again I am not 100% sure but speculation about this race on most of the sites anyways started up just a little while before Halo 4 was announced. Perhaps a set up I'm not sure. Either way cant wait until NOVEMBER 29. If you have any more questions or information please post.

Why November 29? Halo 4 comes out November 6th...

This "Nelkron" rumor is simply that: a rumor. Furthermore, it's a poorly constructed hoax. I can prove it.

This image is photoshopped. I've seen the footage that image was taken from and no such shadow exists in the background.

And this image is taken from a playing card from Magic The Gathering. It's a creature called Myr.

This thread has been debunked.

• Like 1

This "Nelkron" rumor is simply that: a rumor. Furthermore, it's a poorly constructed hoax. I can prove it.

This image is photoshopped. I've seen the footage that image was taken from and no such shadow exists in the background.

And this image is taken from a playing card from Magic The Gathering. It's a creature called Myr.

Please read the whole thing before you go on a debunking spree. I clearly state twice that is a myr from the magic gathering card and simply said that this is what they might look like. Again I said I was not sure if this species was fan fiction or not. However it is interesting.

Moreover, do you have any proof or evidence that this is a photo-shopped image. If so please post.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't find this very convincing. I find it hard to believe, considering it came from a blacklisted user as Nelkrons have never been mentioned by Bungie/343i. I also LOVE the hate on Bungie.net forums. I have noticed how many people cannot get along on that forum. Look at all the arguing. We at 343 Community Forums don't hate on each other like that :D

To start with, I'd like to say that rumor or not, the so-called "Nelkron" rumor is rather interesting. However, stating your first example of the image as "photoshopped" I can prove other-wise. How do I know this? I posted a similar image in a topic created by Spectral Jester.

original video courtesy of Spectral Jester pause at 0:24

The shadowy figure can clearly be seen in the video, lmao!

I posted a similar cropped image in Spectral Jester's topic HERE!! The image in NOT photoshopped! I used PrtSc then pasted the image in Paint and cropped said image to focus on the figure which I still say resembles how a Precursor is described.