Tips To Avoid the RROD and RDOD

I had problems with my cords, till i plugged them back in properly. I also beat (my old xbox) because this disk wouldn't work, tried fixing it by taking it apart ( i know how), was old and needed to be replaced anyways, it was starting to wear out and stuff (not due to mis-use though, was just old).My new xbox is so much better lol.

I had problems with my cords, till i plugged them back in properly. I also beat (my old xbox) because this disk wouldn't work, tried fixing it by taking it apart ( i know how), was old and needed to be replaced anyways, it was starting to wear out and stuff (not due to mis-use though, was just old).My new xbox is so much better lol.

You X-Box abuser! D: lol

KtK, you should also mention the method of overheating if your xbox does Get RROD, it is temporary, but it works.

I think you may have confused some words there Biggles :3

Excellent thread Director, one note I must make though: you said not to clean your Xbox with any manner of fluids; but using a q-tip with a SMALL amount of white vinegar on it is helpful for cleaning out your ports (i.e. USB, AV, HDMI, etc.).

-Church

Excellent thread Director, one note I must make though: you said not to clean your Xbox with any manner of fluids; but using a q-tip with a SMALL amount of white vinegar on it is helpful for cleaning out your ports (i.e. USB, AV, HDMI, etc.).

-Church

Ah, you are right, I meant the vents to it and the tray rather than the ports. Editing now. :D ty for pointing that out.

completely right!! why do people treat there Xbox with such disrespect and expect it to not get RROD or RDOD

exactly! i've seen people hit their xbox by throwing their controller at it and expecting BOTH it AND the controller to STILL work.

Heh. the whole "keep xbox horizontal" thing works the opposite for me. I have the fat model (jasper), and used to keep it horizontal. I just got Xbox live and played halo 3 very often (a few months before reach came out). A few months after reach came out (disc was intsalled from day 1) my xbox strted acting up, with the disc becoming unbalanced. I then set it up horizontal, and since then i've had no problems whatsoever (aside from the occasional dusty vent grille) and i keep it clean regularly.

Most of the guide is common sense (duh), but the vinegar thing was interesting. Good job on the guide though!