Tips To Avoid the RROD and RDOD

There are tons of ways that people have gotten their x-box to stop red ringing, but those are after it started, which isn't the point of this thread. This thread is to teach you how to not let it happen. :D

My friend's xbox got the RROD, and he just bought I new one. I will recommend him to either check these tips out, or let me print him a copy.

There is a tutorial about how to get rid of it. Here is the website: http://www.metacafe....eath_fix_real/. My history teacher used this video to get rid of RROD. It really works. What if you do these steps before it happens. Do you think that it will prevent the RROD?

The reason why that works to fix the RRoD is because first they clean it, then they add some washers to the heat sink screws, and then they overheat it to repair the soldering. This only fixes, it doesn't prevent.

Not to mention that if you do it wrong you have to buy a new x-box because doing what they showed in the video voids your warranty. Doing what's shown in the video is a "final stand" technique.

That means, if you don't have a warranty (because you mod, bought your x-box from a pawn shop, etc.) and have tried everything else, this is the last thing you can try. Taking apart your x-box should be avoided as much as possible simply because it's an expensive piece of machinery and if you aren't careful, you will have to buy a new one. The ONLY time you should even consider taking your X-Box apart is if it no longer works.

Going to say it one more time for good measure:

NEVER TAKE YOUR X-BOX 360 APART TO TRY TO PREVENT A RRoD!

• Like 1

The reason why that works to fix the RRoD is because first they clean it, then they add some washers to the heat sink screws, and then they overheat it to repair the soldering. This only fixes, it doesn't prevent.

Not to mention that if you do it wrong you have to buy a new x-box because doing what they showed in the video voids your warranty. Doing what's shown in the video is a "final stand" technique.

That means, if you don't have a warranty (because you mod, bought your x-box from a pawn shop, etc.) and have tried everything else, this is the last thing you can try. Taking apart your x-box should be avoided as much as possible simply because it's an expensive piece of machinery and if you aren't careful, you will have to buy a new one. The ONLY time you should even consider taking your X-Box apart is if it no longer works.

Going to say it one more time for good measure:

NEVER TAKE YOUR X-BOX 360 APART TO TRY TO PREVENT A RRoD!

The reason why my History teacher did this to get rid of the RRoD, was because his warranty ended. Isn't a 1 year warranty?

• 2 years later...

I would recommend compressed air canisters, not a vacuum. Sure dust will get everywhere, but it's more precise and you have less of a chance of damaging your Xbox. You can buy them pretty much everywhere, just little cans of compressed air, look like mini spray paint bottles.

I would recommend compressed air canisters, not a vacuum. Sure dust will get everywhere, but it's more precise and you have less of a chance of damaging your Xbox. You can buy them pretty much everywhere, just little cans of compressed air, look like mini spray paint bottles.

Thanks Church,

Sure air cans are way better and safer for cleaning xbox inside,but I'm curious about one thing.How much one compressed air can lasts?What's your durability experience?