•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Community Shoutbox

@  UNSC Spartan-II : (11 December 2019 - 05:04 PM) @Mothy Need to go dig that up now
@  343iBot : (11 December 2019 - 10:18 AM) Welcome to the forums, HapunrU! :welcome: View HapunrU's Profile
@  343iBot : (10 December 2019 - 11:44 PM) Welcome to the forums, dubstepx41! :welcome: View dubstepx41's Profile
@  343iBot : (10 December 2019 - 07:06 PM) Welcome to the forums, Penguin Space! :welcome: View Penguin Space's Profile
@  Halo6 Follower : (10 December 2019 - 06:08 AM) Blast from the past
@  Halo6 Follower : (10 December 2019 - 06:08 AM) Wow yeah
@  Mothy : (10 December 2019 - 03:37 AM) Anyone remember the 343i community yearbook? Yea, I dont want to either smh
@  Mothy : (10 December 2019 - 03:22 AM) Shoutboxington
@  Mothy : (10 December 2019 - 03:22 AM) How are things in Shoutland
@  Mothy : (10 December 2019 - 03:21 AM) Hola hombres
@  Mothy : (10 December 2019 - 03:21 AM) @KhevaKins I sure did, im not rushing to rebuy a game ive been playing for eight years though
@  343iBot : (09 December 2019 - 04:01 PM) Welcome to the forums, EdwardVal! :welcome: View EdwardVal's Profile
@  343iBot : (09 December 2019 - 08:34 AM) Welcome to the forums, Mikaelaerop! :welcome: View Mikaelaerop's Profile
@  343iBot : (07 December 2019 - 05:05 PM) Welcome to the forums, MichaelAleva! :welcome: View MichaelAleva's Profile
@  KhevaKins : (07 December 2019 - 09:01 AM) Did you guys know Reach came out on PC?
@  343iBot : (06 December 2019 - 07:26 PM) Welcome to the forums, Saber256! :welcome: View Saber256's Profile
@  Tommy : (06 December 2019 - 04:41 PM) Here comes all the new accounts flowing in haha
@  343iBot : (05 December 2019 - 07:08 AM) Welcome to the forums, EmiLekA! :welcome: View EmiLekA's Profile
@  343iBot : (04 December 2019 - 07:10 PM) Welcome to the forums, Sallyovace! :welcome: View Sallyovace's Profile
@  I_Make_Big_Boom : (04 December 2019 - 02:44 PM) the masta pasta race

Photo

April Forge Contest!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
142 replies to this topic

#1 Absolute Dog

Absolute Dog

None

• Legendary Members
  • 3,901 posts
Legendary
2    6                                          

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:49 AM

Posted Image

This month we are having a forge contest that will fit everyone's forging passions!

The contest is open to all members, new and old, and will cover all different types of maps, mini games, races, challenges and art! Yes art!

Forge word has become much more than creating maps for fighting on. The are some game variants and designs I am sure were never envisioned by it's creators. I have played on, seen and created maps and games I had never thought possible or even considered in the beginning. As far back as Halo 3 there were maps of Japanese villages, unique races, beautiful creations that were just to be admired and of course some very unique slayer maps. Here is your chance to let loose and show the type of forging you love to do.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<o>>>>>>>>>>>>

Here are the categories I have created.

Slayer

Create a map that supports slayer in any form. This will include everything from 1v1 to 5 v 5 slayer!

BTB Slayer

Create a map that supports big teams in any form. This will include teams of 6v6 and better!

Objective

Create a unique objective game type that covers any type of objective game play.

Infection

Create any type of map that supports Infection in any form. The possibilities are endless!

Invasion

Create an Invasion game that supports invasion. There are some forms that I have yet to see created!

Race

Create a race map that supports any type of race format regardless of how off the wall it is!

Mini Games

These are the game variants that just don't fit into the traditional slayer variant, but require killing of opponents as the primary challenge of winning!

Challenge

Create a challenging course for players to finish in either a required amount of time or by hitting certain milestones or achievements!

Vehicle Slayer/Challenge

Create a game variant that requires players to use vehicles to kill opponents or to collect a certain number of capture points!

Art

Create a work of art in Forge world! This can be anything from sculpture to villages to castles to dragons to space ships to tributes of Halo, just about anything you can think of! Let those creative juices flow and your mind loose for this one!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<o>>>>>>>>>>>

Rules and Requirements

There will be no posting of any contest maps in the Map Room or any other site prior to the voting thread going up!

The contest begins today and will end Saturday, April 28th at 6 pm EST. All maps must be submitted to me via PM on this site and must include the following to be eligible. Provide a link, if available by submission time, or invite myself, Absolute Dog, or One onto your finished creation for copying. You must provide a minimum of 2 screen shots of your creation and no more than 5. You must give a description for design/map/game.

Each category will be judged by either a community vote or a panel vote. The panel vote will be used in any category that receives less than 20 votes overall by the community. The panel will be at least 5 people who are either non forgers or outside of our community. I would prefer our community pick the winners for each category.

All forgers involved in the competition are required to vote in the competition. Any forger who does not vote will be ineligible to win or compete in future competitions. As forgers we understand the amount of time and effort it takes to create the environments to play in, on or admire and we need to support our fellow forgers!

You must be a member of the forum to compete! This must be your own individual creation! You must forge your work by your self! There will be no teams and no split prizes! These must be new creations designed specifically for this competition. You can only compete in one category!

Anyone caught cheating, creating multiple accounts to pad votes or otherwise deceive, defraud or rig the voting will be banned permanently from this forum.

The winner from each category will then be placed heads up against the other category winners and we, as a community, will vote for a "Best of Forge" winner!

There will be NO posting of these maps in the Map Room or any other site prior to the voting thread!

<<<<<<<<<<<<o>>>>>>>>>

Prizes

All participants will receive a forge award for their efforts and be eligible for a "Special Competition" coming up in the future.

Each winner of the various categories will be awarded 1600 MS Points and a "Best in Category" award and their map will be pinned the Forge Forum under it's specific category. (New categories are being added to the Forge Forum to highlight different types of forge).

The overall winner will receive either a PreOredered copy of Halo 4 or a 12 Month Gold subscription to XBOX Live, an additional 800 MS Points the "Best of Forge" award, have there creation pinned in the "Map Room" and be featured on the forums "YouTube" channel.

Any questions may be asked in this thread and will be answered by either One or myself!

This post has been promoted to an article

Edited by Absolute Dog, 25 July 2012 - 11:33 AM.
Added "No posting of the contest maps prior to vote thread.

Posted Image

#2 Mr Biggles

Mr Biggles

The King

• Dedicated Members
  • 4,606 posts
Heroic
  • LocationUnderneath your rock.
4    3                                             

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:17 AM

I need to win this, right now.

Good Luck To Everyone. :D

First British MoM.
1st Member to have 4000+ Posts

Retired Halo gamer. No longer have a console.

Want to find out how to improve at Halo Reach and 4? Look no further! http://343i.org/2io

Play PC games, HMU if interested in playing.
Will occasionally check the website.

#3 ZB-85

ZB-85

The Welcomer

• Dedicated Members
  • 2,158 posts
Inspiring
  • Locationlat -64.998700 lon -60.775354 elev 69 ft.

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:17 AM

I'm in. I'll get started right away.

tumblr_mql9hpBw9n1qj13yko1_500.gif

#4 Aztec Asshawk

Aztec Asshawk

Brute Chieftain

• Members
  • 67 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Evil Kwahnevil
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

I'm exited! Can i do one of each? Pleeeaaassee! Also, i hope im able to pm you by then!
Posted Image

#5 Choot 'em

Choot 'em

343 Guilty Spark

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,690 posts
Heroic

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:26 AM

Unfortunately, I will not be participating in this one. Good luck to everyone!! :thumbsup:

#6 Anarchy

Anarchy

Mr.Stealthy

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,299 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:An5rchy
  • LocationIn Darkness

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:51 PM

Im in, looks like I will be making a Forge Map for the next few hours. :)
Posted Image
17th Person to ever reach 1000 Posts - Achieved 5/26/12!

#7 Absolute Dog

Absolute Dog

None

• Legendary Members
  • 3,901 posts
Legendary
2    6                                          

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:59 PM

There will be no posting of any contest maps in the Map Room or any other site prior to the voting thread going up!

Posted Image

#8 Azaxx

Azaxx

Enigma

• Legendary Members
  • 3,680 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Azaxx
  • LocationAustralia
   2                   2    2                                       

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

yay, i can actually get better with this one, the pillar was a nightmare to do ;)

[EDIT] Im entering in the 'Slayer' Category and have had One check my map, the map is BTB, haven't given it a proper name so i called it "AAAAAA" for the lolz

-King of Azaxxinations-

#9 valyou3

valyou3

Prophet of Regret

• Members
  • 154 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Midget BIG KaT
  • LocationNew York.. In Some Cave..

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

Sounds fun!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 highplainsdrifter

highplainsdrifter

Prophet of Truth

• Trusted Members
  • 278 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:Aeinmestus
  • LocationEridanus System Asteroid Belt

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:40 PM

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You can only compete in one category!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

This is going to be awesome, I'm so excited to get started. I can't wait to see all the mappy goodness of everyone's maps!

Good luck, and happy forging, everyone. :construction:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#11 valyou3

valyou3

Prophet of Regret

• Members
  • 154 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Midget BIG KaT
  • LocationNew York.. In Some Cave..

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:52 PM

Whats the limit on how many people can work on a map together?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Azaxx

Azaxx

Enigma

• Legendary Members
  • 3,680 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Azaxx
  • LocationAustralia
   2                   2    2                                       

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:03 PM

Whats the limit on how many people can work on a map together?

-King of Azaxxinations-

#13 One

One

Regret

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,042 posts
Inspiring

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:45 PM

If you need the maps seen to, add my GT: Hungry4somepoo. If i'm on Reach then invite me and I'll check out the map and save it.

#14 Donut

Donut

The Glazed Doughnut

• Dedicated Members
  • 883 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:ADelayedWarning
  • LocationMichigan
   2    2                        

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:58 PM

If you need the maps seen to, add my GT: Hungry4somepoo. If i'm on Reach then invite me and I'll check out the map and save it.

Yay for One looking at my map! I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope mine wins for Art. REALLY. I want AD to see it if he's on, One says my map is impressive. So that means I am awesome at forging! :awesome: Really hope it wins, has tons of detail, aesthetics and I just really hope it wins. Another thing: Forge Only Map. No custom games, only Forge, without it, the map in customs will take away A LOT and I mean A LOT of detail on the map, so play in Customs. Map is called:

"The Art-Cade"

Not giving away any details IN the map, or showing pictures, just telling everyone that I've worked really hard on this map, it is NOT finished, we have 3 weeks so I'm not submiting a map that I only worked on for 1 day, I will add more detail in these 3 weeks. So, get your forging mode on and make your best map ever! 3 weeks will be over in no time, but don't rush, take your time and remember that it is YOUR map. Happy forging everyone, and thank you One! :D

donut_sig_by_bronyswag-d6du7m8.jpg

Sig made by the wonderful member, Brony. ^-^

#15 aeRusch117

aeRusch117

Elite Honor Guard

• Members
  • 97 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:aeRusch
  • LocationHiram, GA

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

cool sounds fun
Halo 4 is boss

#16 LoonyCaboose

LoonyCaboose

Grunt

• Members
  • 3 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:LoonyCaboose
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:15 PM

I'm gonna give this one a shot :)

#17 a live dinosaur

a live dinosaur

a live dinosaur

• Dedicated Members
  • 908 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:a live dinosaur
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:27 PM

I'm so excited, just to participate. I'll get started right now :) So many ideas...

#18 DoctorB77

DoctorB77

Unlicensed, M.D.

• Dedicated Members
  • 4,493 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:DoctorB77
  • LocationNow taking Vitamin PWN.

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:55 PM

Haha. Every map I make is a work of art. So I find the last subject pointless :D

Posted Image

"Each one of these souls is finite and precious. And I'm close. Close to saving them all." -The Librarian

2nd Member to reach 4000 posts - 12/16/12

Posted Image

#19 DoctorB77

DoctorB77

Unlicensed, M.D.

• Dedicated Members
  • 4,493 posts
Heroic

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

Dang the prizes are a lot bigger this month. I can't wait to go. But what...i ask...should i make :ball:

Posted Image

"Each one of these souls is finite and precious. And I'm close. Close to saving them all." -The Librarian

Posted Image

#20 DoctorB77

DoctorB77

Unlicensed, M.D.

• Dedicated Members
  • 4,493 posts
Heroic

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

I'm thinking vehicle slayer.

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users