Welcome to the 343 Community Forum March Forge Contest. This months contest will begin today and continue though March 18th. The maps designed for this contest will be competing for the winning prizes and all maps that meet the requirements and are deemed playable will be part of another challenge that will follow in it's footsteps that will unlock another set of prizes for another chance for forge contestants to win plus the winner of this challenge.
Here are the rules and requirements
- I have decided to open the contest up to all members due to the ill timed original cutoff date and to allow newer members to participate.
- This must be a completely new map not previously built in Forge World.
- I, Absolute Dog, must be invited into your blank map for verification of a clean slate.
- The maps must be built for 1v1 and 2v2 game play.
- The 1v1 and 2v2 Heads UP matches being played later will be played using the "Vanilla" Reach settings for slayer and AA's available in slayer as load outs. This will give all players the experience they are most familiar with so ensure maps have the necessary boundaries in place.
- The maps will be built on "Pillar", either floating directly above or making use of the top plateau only.
- The maps must be fully playable with required spawns, weapons and kill zones.
- Maps will be sent to me via a PM (Private Message) to ensure privacy and that they meet the requirements.
- The "Pillar" area of Forge World can be seen in this video here.
This contest will again be judged by the community during the following week and also a series of play dates during the same period ending on the 24th of March. The challenge that will follow will be a community heads up play and team play contest that will use the submitted maps, and possibly some additional maps if needed, to see who the best players are in our community. This secondary contest will end on the 31st of March.
The winner of the forge contest will be awarded 1600 MS Points plus a new "Forge Excellence" award that will be the standard award for all forge contest winners from here on. Their map will be pinned in the "Map Room", noted as the March Contest winner and be used for all in house "who is the best player" disputes in the future.
The secondary winner of the forge contest will be determined during the week of the Heads Up Play Challenge by those who compete in that challenge. Each participant will receive one vote, sent to me via PM, on which map they feel best works for competitive play. This winner will receive 1600 MS Points and a unique "Members Forge Award" that will be rarely offered as an award.
The overall winners of the Heads Up Challenge will receive a yet undetermined prize for being the top 1v1 player and top 2v2 team plus a rare award from this site. This particular challenge will have two brackets of "expert" and "casual" players to be determined by an select group of members.
So.....let's get to it. There are a lot of prizes, awards and status at stake here. Who can create the best liked, most playable maps and who can win competing on them.
Edited by Absolute Dog, 11 March 2012 - 10:10 AM.
Opened uo the contest to all members.