•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Community Shoutbox

@  343iBot : (05 December 2019 - 07:08 AM) Welcome to the forums, EmiLekA! :welcome: View EmiLekA's Profile
@  343iBot : (04 December 2019 - 07:10 PM) Welcome to the forums, Sallyovace! :welcome: View Sallyovace's Profile
@  I_Make_Big_Boom : (04 December 2019 - 02:44 PM) the masta pasta race
@  Twinreaper : (04 December 2019 - 06:50 AM) hola amigos...welcome to the masta race lol
@  Halo6 Follower : (03 December 2019 - 09:26 PM) Rejoice!
@  Tony le Lava... : (03 December 2019 - 06:00 PM) The day I've been waiting for years has finally come :)
@  343iBot : (03 December 2019 - 02:38 PM) Welcome to the forums, ScytheFG! :welcome: View ScytheFG's Profile
@  343iBot : (02 December 2019 - 12:38 PM) Welcome to the forums, Richardjup! :welcome: View Richardjup's Profile
@  343iBot : (01 December 2019 - 04:23 PM) Welcome to the forums, Michaelbanny! :welcome: View Michaelbanny's Profile
@  343iBot : (30 November 2019 - 10:11 PM) Welcome to the forums, PhilipdAype! :welcome: View PhilipdAype's Profile
@  343iBot : (29 November 2019 - 06:12 PM) Welcome to the forums, Onecapper! :welcome: View Onecapper's Profile
@  343iBot : (29 November 2019 - 02:13 AM) Welcome to the forums, brownE7! :welcome: View brownE7's Profile
@  343iBot : (28 November 2019 - 11:01 PM) Welcome to the forums, duaneblynn! :welcome: View duaneblynn's Profile
@  343iBot : (28 November 2019 - 05:37 AM) Welcome to the forums, jonathanK! :welcome: View jonathanK's Profile
@  Vitamin Pwn : (26 November 2019 - 08:25 PM) nay nay nay!
@  Mr Kittens a... : (26 November 2019 - 10:50 AM) Hey hey hey!
@  343iBot : (26 November 2019 - 07:52 AM) Welcome to the forums, BrianTrorb! :welcome: View BrianTrorb's Profile
@  Akali : (24 November 2019 - 07:47 PM) @RedStarRocket91 Damn right we should! Like the good old days
@  I_Make_Big_Boom : (24 November 2019 - 10:58 AM) why compete when mouse-keyboard combos are dumb
@  Maestro : (20 November 2019 - 09:28 PM) yeah, but I think that shouldn't matter when you play with your buddies in campaign or screw around in custom games

Photo

The March Forge Contest!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
86 replies to this topic

#1 Absolute Dog

Absolute Dog

None

• Legendary Members
  • 3,901 posts
Legendary
2    6                                          

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:31 AM

Posted Image

Welcome to the 343 Community Forum March Forge Contest. This months contest will begin today and continue though March 18th. The maps designed for this contest will be competing for the winning prizes and all maps that meet the requirements and are deemed playable will be part of another challenge that will follow in it's footsteps that will unlock another set of prizes for another chance for forge contestants to win plus the winner of this challenge.

Here are the rules and requirements

• I have decided to open the contest up to all members due to the ill timed original cutoff date and to allow newer members to participate.
  • This must be a completely new map not previously built in Forge World.
  • I, Absolute Dog, must be invited into your blank map for verification of a clean slate.
  • The maps must be built for 1v1 and 2v2 game play.
  • The 1v1 and 2v2 Heads UP matches being played later will be played using the "Vanilla" Reach settings for slayer and AA's available in slayer as load outs. This will give all players the experience they are most familiar with so ensure maps have the necessary boundaries in place.
  • The maps will be built on "Pillar", either floating directly above or making use of the top plateau only.
  • The maps must be fully playable with required spawns, weapons and kill zones.
  • Maps will be sent to me via a PM (Private Message) to ensure privacy and that they meet the requirements.
  • The "Pillar" area of Forge World can be seen in this video here.

Overview

This contest will again be judged by the community during the following week and also a series of play dates during the same period ending on the 24th of March. The challenge that will follow will be a community heads up play and team play contest that will use the submitted maps, and possibly some additional maps if needed, to see who the best players are in our community. This secondary contest will end on the 31st of March.

Prizes

The winner of the forge contest will be awarded 1600 MS Points plus a new "Forge Excellence" award that will be the standard award for all forge contest winners from here on. Their map will be pinned in the "Map Room", noted as the March Contest winner and be used for all in house "who is the best player" disputes in the future.

The secondary winner of the forge contest will be determined during the week of the Heads Up Play Challenge by those who compete in that challenge. Each participant will receive one vote, sent to me via PM, on which map they feel best works for competitive play. This winner will receive 1600 MS Points and a unique "Members Forge Award" that will be rarely offered as an award.

The overall winners of the Heads Up Challenge will receive a yet undetermined prize for being the top 1v1 player and top 2v2 team plus a rare award from this site. This particular challenge will have two brackets of "expert" and "casual" players to be determined by an select group of members.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<o>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>o

So.....let's get to it. There are a lot of prizes, awards and status at stake here. Who can create the best liked, most playable maps and who can win competing on them.

Edited by Absolute Dog, 11 March 2012 - 10:10 AM.
Opened uo the contest to all members.

Posted Image

#2 Mr Biggles

Mr Biggles

The King

• Dedicated Members
  • 4,606 posts
Heroic
  • LocationUnderneath your rock.
4    3                                             

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:37 AM

using my 1v1 idea there Dog and using it for 2v2 too, nice idea :D

First British MoM.
1st Member to have 4000+ Posts

Retired Halo gamer. No longer have a console.

Want to find out how to improve at Halo Reach and 4? Look no further! http://343i.org/2io

Play PC games, HMU if interested in playing.
Will occasionally check the website.

#3 ThePsychoEwok

ThePsychoEwok

Drone

• Members
  • 23 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:The Psycho Ewok

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:43 PM

After you invite absolute dog to the map before making it can you sign out off xbox live and finish the map you start or is that against the rules

#4 Spectral Jester

Spectral Jester

343 Guilty Spark

• Legendary Members
  • 4,639 posts
Legendary

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:46 PM

Amazing, be good to keep the final match in the 1v1 match in someones timeshare and post the match on here as well..

#5 Absolute Dog

Absolute Dog

None

• Legendary Members
  • 3,901 posts
Legendary
2    6                                          

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:53 PM

After you invite absolute dog to the map before making it can you sign out off xbox live and finish the map you start or is that against the rules

Explain why you would want to do that?

Posted Image

#6 ThePsychoEwok

ThePsychoEwok

Drone

• Members
  • 23 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:The Psycho Ewok

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:57 PM

Explain why you would want to do that?

because i don't have great internet and might lose connection

#7 Absolute Dog

Absolute Dog

None

• Legendary Members
  • 3,901 posts
Legendary
2    6                                          

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:35 PM

because i don't have great internet and might lose connection

You have since Pm'd me that it i not necessary, thanks!

Posted Image

#8 Donut

Donut

The Glazed Doughnut

• Dedicated Members
  • 883 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:ADelayedWarning
  • LocationMichigan
   2    2                        

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:25 PM

I was looking forward to building my map until it said it has to be on Pillar. =( Guess I'll have to come up with another idea.

donut_sig_by_bronyswag-d6du7m8.jpg

Sig made by the wonderful member, Brony. ^-^

#9 FIREN4

FIREN4

The Wandering Caretaker

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,568 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:FIREN4
  • LocationReach

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

I was looking forward to building my map until it said it has to be on Pillar. =( Guess I'll have to come up with another idea.

Same here, I'm not used to forging on Pillar. Still, I think I can come up with something.

And AD, very interesting choice with the 1v1 and 2v2. :)

#10 RedStarRocket91

RedStarRocket91

Secord's Protégé

• Legendary Members
  • 2,224 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:RedStarRocket91
  • LocationThe Highlands
   4                3                           

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:20 PM

Just to confirm, can you give me the following player variables that will be used in the competition? It'll help me tailor the map as best as possible:

-Will players spawn with DMRs or Assault Rifles?
-How many grenades will players spawn with?
-Will players be able to use Armor Abilities?

-Will players be able to choose which Armor Abilities they spawn with? If not, which will they spawn with?

-Should maps include Armor Abilities as pickups in the style of MLG games?

-Will motion trackers be enabled/disabled?

I know a lot of this may not have even been considered yet, but if I know in advance it'll help me make the best map possible!

Verbosity is not a crime.

#11 Absolute Dog

Absolute Dog

None

• Legendary Members
  • 3,901 posts
Legendary
2    6                                          

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:48 PM

Just to confirm, can you give me the following player variables that will be used in the competition? It'll help me tailor the map as best as possible:

-Will players spawn with DMRs or Assault Rifles?
-How many grenades will players spawn with?
-Will players be able to use Armor Abilities?

-Will players be able to choose which Armor Abilities they spawn with? If not, which will they spawn with?

-Should maps include Armor Abilities as pickups in the style of MLG games?

-Will motion trackers be enabled/disabled?

I know a lot of this may not have even been considered yet, but if I know in advance it'll help me make the best map possible!

I had considered these types of requirements and left it up to the forger to apply as they felt they want to design their map. The 1v1 and 2v2 Heads UP matches will be played using the "Vanilla" Reach settings for slayer and AA's available in slayer as load outs. This will give all players the experience they are most familiar with. Thanks for the "heads up". I will add this to the OP.

Posted Image

#12 RedStarRocket91

RedStarRocket91

Secord's Protégé

• Legendary Members
  • 2,224 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:RedStarRocket91
  • LocationThe Highlands
   4                3                           

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

Thanks for the heads up - I'll probably start work sometime in the next few days, will send you a PM to arrange a time for map inspection!

Verbosity is not a crime.

#13 Choot 'em

Choot 'em

343 Guilty Spark

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,690 posts
Heroic

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:48 PM

Ok, I'm in!! :thumbsup:

Second attempt at a playable Forge map, might as well enter it in a competition, lmao!! Don't let a noob to Forge beat ya 343i.org!! :rofl:

Will send you an invite AD, if you're available, the next time i'm on XBL to verify a "clean slate"!! Love the 1v1 and 2v2 idea!!

#14 Azaxx

Azaxx

Enigma

• Legendary Members
  • 3,680 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Azaxx
  • LocationAustralia
   2                   2    2                                       

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:55 PM

Im into this comp, i got bored in maths, and drew up what my map will look like :D

-King of Azaxxinations-

#15 Bobo Magroto

Bobo Magroto

Free Agent 226

• Dedicated Members
  • 523 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:Bobo Magroto
  • Location-Current Location Unknown-

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:19 AM

Intresting contest, but I'll pass

BOUNTY: 164,918,125 --- Position: Free Agent - ID Number: 226 --- Current Location: Unknown --- Status: ACTIVE AND MOST WANTED

HaloBoboMagrotoBanner9_zpsf409bd12.png

(-) Power is Strength (-) Knowlegde is Guidance (-) Life is Precious (-)

#16 skummgummigubbe

skummgummigubbe

Viking

• Legendary Members
  • 1,543 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:skummgummigubbe
  • Locationsweden
         2    7               

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:42 PM

im on as always

...Please leave a like if this post was any help to you...

D3tOk4R.jpg

First SWEDISH 1000th poster
25th person to reach 1000 posts

#17 Ash

Ash

Angel

• Legendary Members
  • 573 posts
Dedicated
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:58 PM

I'm in.. but please explain the "clean slate" thing..

Posted Image

#18 Azaxx

Azaxx

Enigma

• Legendary Members
  • 3,680 posts
Heroic
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:06 PM

Clean slate is that the map has to be totally clean, with nothing built on it, to avoid pre made maps been posted

-King of Azaxxinations-

#19 Azaxx

Azaxx

Enigma

• Legendary Members
  • 3,680 posts
Heroic
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:37 AM

OK, i have totally finished my map, its called "Blargh" at the moment because I cannot think of a name, when I do, I will pm you (Absolute Dog) with the necessary requirements
That'll have to wait to tomorrow though, after school.
I hope that it has meet the requirements :)

-King of Azaxxinations-

#20 Mayh3m

Mayh3m

Instagram: acrossmedia.jp

• Legendary Members
  • 3,459 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:Total Mayh3m
  • LocationSomewhere Roaming the Earth
   9       3    2          2                              

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:00 AM

AD, sometime after the 8th I will invite you to a game in forge. I'll try to enter the contest. :)

BvQbWbKIcAIqRwH.jpg

Luke 22:67 “If You are the Christ, tell us.”
But He said to them, “If I tell you, you will by no means believe.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users