The "Official" What do you want in the Halo 4 Ranking system.

Herodanny

Ranking system  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which ranking system is your favorite?

2. 2. Credits

• Like them, they should effect your rank (like in reach)
    • Shouldn't effect rank but should allow customization (like in armor)
    • hate them

They NEED to bring back the halo 2 ranking system,

-(level 1-10) Win 2 games LEVEL up (lose 2 rank down)

-(level 11-20) Win 3 games LEVEL up (lose 3 rank down)

-(level 21-30) Win 4 games LEVEL up (lose 4 rank down)

-(level 31-40) Win 5 games LEVEL up (lose 5 rank down)

-(level 41-50) Win 6 games LEVEL up (lose 6 rank down)

Here's a hypothetical situation

Say you rank to level 25, you are here (24 - - - - I - - - - 26)

Say you win a game on your 25 now you are here (24 - - - - - I - - - 26)

Now Say you lose 2 games in a row.... (24 - - - I - - - - - 26)

So I hope you understand, that level 25 will have to win 5 games to become 26, or that 25 will have to loose 3 games to become a 24.

That level 25 could go on 343.com (or whatever the website is) and they can check how close they are to their next rank (with a progress bar)

LIKE IN HALO 2

Edited by Herodanny
To make this the Official H4 rank thread.
  • Like 9

Let's face it halo 3's ranking system was stupid, you would have 0 EXP as a brand new account and then all you had to do was win 18 games and you will be level 50

BUT, a person who was level 49, with 3,400 EXP would have to win over 50 games to get to level 50

THIS IS TRUE because I was a brigadier grade 3 and it took sooooo long to level up to 50, it literally took like 35 wins in A ROW to level up.

My friend had a brand new account and was a 50 with 18 games played.....

What a joke....

I guess Bungie realized their mistake and rather than FIX it they completely got rid of it (like the BR and theater mode with multiple friends) so now we have a even more pointless ranking system that supports noobs playing fire fight all day and getting to the top rank and can't even go positive in a single game....

SO PLEASE 343, do us all a FAVOR, bring back the old halo 2 system, IT MADE SENSE!

NOT HALO 3

NOT HALO REACH

• Like 6

The ELO system for Halo 3 was pretty bad, it didn't make sense, as you say, but, the more you lose the more games you have to win IN a row to level up.

Halo 2's ranking system was good because it didn't have that, it was simply, win, go up the line, lose, go down the line, which required you to work really hard to level up & play well consistently, with halo 3, you didn't really have to try and you could still get a 50 if you were good enough.

I like the idea of a progress bar, that sounds really cool, i wish they had that in halo 3.

i 100% support you good sir.

• Like 3

I like the halo reach ranking system the most... even if you lose you have a bit of progress and the feeling you have at least done somthing and face it not every body is good at playing halo so those player wouldnt have a chance of ranking up.

• Like 4

personaly i came up with an idea to intergarte both ranking systems (cR and exp)

Basicly:

Credits DO NOT rank up, but are still earned every game like in reach, these can be use to buy armour and whatever else 343 put into the game

Exp is used to rank up but it is made fairer than the h3 system.

just an idea not sure if it would word

• Like 4

I like the halo reach ranking system the most... even if you lose you have a bit of progress and the feeling you have at least done somthing and face it not every body is good at playing halo so those player wouldnt have a chance of ranking up.

Yeah, that is my problem with the reach ranking system. "face it not every body is good at playing halo so those player wouldnt have a chance of ranking up."

The whole point of a ranking system is to show which players are better than the others. If I am better than you then I SHOULD be a higher rank, it's that simple. Why should someone who is worse than me have a better rank? They shouldn't, it's as simple as that...

• Like 2

I'd like it like this:

Maybe the ranking system could be kinda like Halo 3's but instead of having to rank up in a single gametype for it to count, it's your overall rank that counts. Like this, you get 1 Exp for each win, 2 for 2 wins in a row, 3 for 3+ wins in a row. No de-ranking.

Umm, I don't completely agree, however you are heading into the right direction. I feel that some people are GREAT at slaying, so they should have a high Slayer level, However some people are good snipers or objective or doubles, etc. I think that the rank you have in each playlist shows what kind of player you are. (objective, sniper, MLG, slayer, etc.)

personaly i came up with an idea to intergarte both ranking systems (cR and exp)

Basicly:

Credits DO NOT rank up, but are still earned every game like in reach, these can be use to buy armour and whatever else 343 put into the game

Exp is used to rank up but it is made fairer than the h3 system.

just an idea not sure if it would word

I actually, wouldn't have a problem with this, I kind of like it. It would appeal to both sides, and neither really conflicts with the other.

Good idea ;)

• Like 1

Imagine this genius system put in place everywhere! A six year old in little league baseball could be matched up against Derek Jeter! That would just be amazing!!! YOU'RE SO AWESOME AND SMART AND I WISH I WAS YOU IN ANOTHER PARALLEL UNIVERSE BECAUSE YOU MAKE ME HAPPY BECAUSE YOU'RE SO FREAKING AWESOME BRO. HOW DID YOU BE BORN WITH THE INBORN AWESOMENESS THAT YOU WERE BORN WITH???????? RANKING SYSTEMS ARE FOR NOOBS!!!! NO RANKING SYSTEM ONLY MAKES THE GAME SO HORRIBLE THAT NOBODY PLAYS IT EVER ANYMORE, AND THAT'S THAT BEST THING.

Edited by Absolute Dog
Removed off page, unnecessary part of the post.
  • Like 2

No, no no no no no no no. If youre not good you shouldnt have the chance to level up. Thats the point. I dnt understand what people dont get about that?

I played halo since Halo 2s release 7 years ago. When Reach came out I quit. They lost a dedicated fan. And I can tell you one big part of my decision was the ranking system. You werent rewarded for how good you are. You werent credited for all the hard work and long days of playing and practicing to get better. You were rewarded for losing, just the same amount for winning. There is no justification for that. Its a noob friendly game that doesnt reward the skilled players.

• Like 5

I'd like it like this:

Maybe the ranking system could be kinda like Halo 3's but instead of having to rank up in a single gametype for it to count, it's your overall rank that counts. Like this, you get 1 Exp for each win, 2 for 2 wins in a row, 3 for 3+ wins in a row. No de-ranking.

If you have no deranking than it is just like Reachs ranking system. There needs to be the ability to rank down. You gotta understand that there should be a number that tells how good you are. Like in Halo 3, If you went up it shows your HIGHEST SKILL, if you ranked down you could still say you had that rank. Also, that gives you the desire to want to gain that level back and maybe even pass it.

• Like 1

First thing you gotta realize is that Halo was always a game that took skill. In Halo 2 if you werent good you would not go up. Thats how it should be as that shows your true skill. Bad kids should never be able to play up against good kids. The good kids never get better and the bad kids never win. You progressively got better by playing ppl as good as you and winning and going up. So you got to play ppl a little better, and that cycle continues, which, in turn, made you better.

When you have a numbered ranking system such as Halo 2's, you get a number that shows youre true skill. Thus, you will get matched up with people that are the same skill lvl as you or a little bit better. Consequently leading you to being a better player bcuz your skills are progressing. With no numbered ranking system it is impossible to do that.

Today I played Reach, I went into MLG and got my ass stomped bcuz I havent played in a very long time. Then I went into Team Snipers and went 26-4. Thats not how it should be. There is no excuse for that, its a poorly put together game. That would have never happened if I had a number next to my name telling me what ranks I can match up with.

Halo is dieing. There is an average of 45k - 50k ppl online a day. In Halo 3, there was 180k+ a day. The numbers dont lie. Me and all of my friends played H2 and H3, but when Reach was released we went to Cod. Its very sad to see such a good franchise go so far down. There is no desire to play it, when all you get for a win is some credits, the same thing you get for a loss... Its a noob friendly game now that doesnt reward the skilled. So skilled players have no reason to play.

There is something about having a number next to your name, it shows how good you are. When you take that away and put in an xp based leveling system, you **** up the whole system. Thanks.

• Like 4

They NEED to bring back the halo 2 ranking system,

-(level 1-10) Win 2 games LEVEL up (lose 2 rank down)

-(level 11-20) Win 3 games LEVEL up (lose 3 rank down)

-(level 21-30) Win 4 games LEVEL up (lose 4 rank down)

-(level 31-40) Win 5 games LEVEL up (lose 5 rank down)

-(level 41-50) Win 6 games LEVEL up (lose 6 rank down)

Here's a hypothetical situation

Say you rank to level 25, you are here (24 - - - - I - - - - 26)

Say you win a game on your 25 now you are here (24 - - - - - I - - - 26)

Now Say you lose 2 games in a row.... (24 - - - I - - - - - 26)

So I hope you understand, that level 25 will have to win 5 games to become 26, or that 25 will have to loose 3 games to become a 24.

That level 25 could go on 343.com (or whatever the website is) and they can check how close they are to their next rank (with a progress bar)

LIKE IN HALO 2

This would literally make Halo the ultimate game I've ever played. I really want 343i to consider this. Halo 3 (in my opinion,) had a GREAT ranking system. I loved the EXP and how it determined your 50 in most cases (too much EXP in one playlist without a 50 meant that getting your 50 is almost impossible.)

I think if we could combine EXP and your idea; it would be perfect.

• Like 1

If you have no deranking than it is just like Reachs ranking system. There needs to be the ability to rank down. You gotta understand that there should be a number that tells how good you are. Like in Halo 3, If you went up it shows your HIGHEST SKILL, if you ranked down you could still say you had that rank. Also, that gives you the desire to want to gain that level back and maybe even pass it.

True, true. Maybe, if you go on a loosing streak of 3 or more that's when you start getting demoted. IDK. I really liked the Halo 3 ranking system the most and I'm trying to think of a way to rank up that's similar to Halo 3 but not too close.

No, no no no no no no no. If youre not good you shouldnt have the chance to level up. Thats the point. I dnt understand what people dont get about that?

I played halo since Halo 2s release 7 years ago. When Reach came out I quit. They lost a dedicated fan. And I can tell you one big part of my decision was the ranking system. You werent rewarded for how good you are. You werent credited for all the hard work and long days of playing and practicing to get better. You were rewarded for losing, just the same amount for winning. There is no justification for that. Its a noob friendly game that doesnt reward the skilled players.

Exactly..... It's funny, you and I sound a lot alike. This is HALO not COD you rank up if you are GOOD that is the point... Idk, all these little kids who have this mentality that the world owes them something. (kind of like old people in a way)

This would literally make Halo the ultimate game I've ever played. I really want 343i to consider this. Halo 3 (in my opinion,) had a GREAT ranking system. I loved the EXP and how it determined your 50 in most cases (too much EXP in one playlist without a 50 meant that getting your 50 is almost impossible.)

I think if we could combine EXP and your idea; it would be perfect.

Well, halo did have this ranking system, it was called halo 2. I didn't come up with this, I simply am attempting to explain a system that bungie scrapped (for whatever reasons I don't know!).

Halo 3 did not have a good ranking system, It was driven by a very complicated formula that made absolutely no sense. Here's a situation that I had personally that explains how the system was broken. I was playing squad battle with my friend and I was a brigadier (around 3000 EXP) my friend was a brigadier also with around (1400 EXP). I had a level 32 in Squad battle and he had a 19. We played all day together, every...single...game.... and by the end of the night I was a 35 and he was a 44!!

If that doesn't COMPLETELY prove that halo 3's system was broken, then IDK what will....

Let's face it halo 3's ranking system was stupid, you would have 0 EXP as a brand new account and then all you had to do was win 18 games and you will be level 50

BUT, a person who was level 49, with 3,400 EXP would have to win over 50 games to get to level 50

THIS IS TRUE because I was a brigadier grade 3 and it took sooooo long to level up to 50, it literally took like 35 wins in A ROW to level up.

My friend had a brand new account and was a 50 with 18 games played.....

What a joke....

I guess Bungie realized their mistake and rather than FIX it they completely got rid of it (like the BR and theater mode with multiple friends) so now we have a even more pointless ranking system that supports noobs playing fire fight all day and getting to the top rank and can't even go positive in a single game....

SO PLEASE 343, do us all a FAVOR, bring back the old halo 2 system, IT MADE SENSE!

NOT HALO 3

NOT HALO REACH

from what i experienced, the halo community respected players that had a lot of EXP in a certain playlist

so if i saw someone with 50 xp and level 50 i would generally classify them as a boosted 50/bad 50

yet if i saw a 3500 XP 50 in MLG i would think they're pro

so still a good system, at least better than reach

from what i experienced, the halo community respected players that had a lot of EXP in a certain playlist

so if i saw someone with 50 xp and level 50 i would generally classify them as a boosted 50/bad 50

yet if i saw a 3500 XP 50 in MLG i would think they're pro

so still a good system, at least better than reach

Well obviously it is better than Reach. Pacman was better than reach.

EXP worked against your level rank. Nobody respected people with 6000 EXP and a 45. They were considered noobs. (OBVIOUSLY if it was in MLG then THAT is a different story.)

Well obviously it is better than Reach. Pacman was better than reach.

EXP worked against your level rank. Nobody respected people with 6000 EXP and a 45. They were considered noobs. (OBVIOUSLY if it was in MLG then THAT is a different story.)

yeah but no one is stuck at 6000xp at level 45 (and if someone was stuck at say 500 exp level 45, a more realistic amount of EXP) it's because they deserved to be (ill explain below)

I played Team Snipers religiously and everyone I know from the playlist that actually pulled their own weight at 50 had one. There wasn't a problem with people being stuck at 45-46-47-48-49 at all, even with 400 or so exp in the playlist (that is a more realistic amount of EXP that people had at that level) they eventually hit 50.

To rank up you don't have to win 4-5 games in a row (you can if you want) you just need to win more than you lose, over a long period of games, and you would rank up. The same applies when already level 50, to KEEP it you must win more games than you loose, consistently over a long period of games.

You just needed to do

Win

Win

Lose

Win

Win

Lose

(keeps repeating)

win most of your games and you will rank up eventually.

*The only reason people get stuck is because they keep

Win

Lose

Win

Lose

Win

Win

Lose

Lose

(keeps repeating)

over a long period of games

And honestly ,in my opinion, they deserve to be stuck at that rank, because it is the right difficulty for them (as past games have shown)

I can speak on the behalf of the high ranks, I was too a brigadier grade 3. It was rather ridiculous to not level at all when I was a level 49 with a grade 3 brig's exp. I can remember being a level 49 in swat playing about 12 games in a row and not rank up but oh no bungie forbid me if I lose one FREAKING GAME AND I LOSE MY 49 IN SWAT. How the hell losing one game so bad in comparison to wInning 12 games in a row. It literally took me atleast a month to get a 50 and after that I got another one on a new account in less then 30 games. Also anyone who says that the halo reach ranking system is actually good and is the best was dropped on their head and suffered mental retardation due to it and they should be slapped by master chief with his ar and br because they make no sense what so ever how does being a bad player allow you to have a higher rank in a game. IT SHOULDN'T!!!!!

• Like 3

yeah but no one is stuck at 6000xp at level 45 (and if someone was stuck at say 500 exp level 45, a more realistic amount of EXP) it's because they deserved to be (ill explain below)

I played Team Snipers religiously and everyone I know from the playlist that actually pulled their own weight at 50 had one. There wasn't a problem with people being stuck at 45-46-47-48-49 at all, even with 400 or so exp in the playlist (that is a more realistic amount of EXP that people had at that level) they eventually hit 50.

To rank up you don't have to win 4-5 games in a row (you can if you want) you just need to win more than you lose, over a long period of games, and you would rank up. The same applies when already level 50, to KEEP it you must win more games than you loose, consistently over a long period of games.

You just needed to do

Win

Win

Lose

Win

Win

Lose

(keeps repeating)

win most of your games and you will rank up eventually.

*The only reason people get stuck is because they keep

Win

Lose

Win

Lose

Win

Win

Lose

Lose

(keeps repeating)

over a long period of games

And honestly ,in my opinion, they deserve to be stuck at that rank, because it is the right difficulty for them (as past games have shown)

SO You're suggesting that somebody who just got to level 30 (with a new account) deserves to get to a 31 FASTER than somebody who has been playing halo for a year and has more EXP and was level 30. ALSO It is realistic to have over 3000+ EXP (I am a great example)

Have you ever played halo 2? Every single person over level 30 was AMAZING at the game.

Halo 3? Well just about everyone under level 45 sucked.

Obviously there is a problem with the ranking system