•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Community Shoutbox

@  343iBot : (11 November 2019 - 04:44 PM) Welcome to the forums, wildayd16! :welcome: View wildayd16's Profile
@  343iBot : (11 November 2019 - 12:57 AM) Welcome to the forums, Philipknori! :welcome: View Philipknori's Profile
@  343iBot : (10 November 2019 - 11:11 PM) Welcome to the forums, elmerpu1! :welcome: View elmerpu1's Profile
@  I_Make_Big_Boom : (10 November 2019 - 08:41 PM) says u
@  343iBot : (10 November 2019 - 11:25 AM) Welcome to the forums, Djoe23! :welcome: View Djoe23's Profile
@  343iBot : (10 November 2019 - 01:47 AM) Welcome to the forums, virgieed4! :welcome: View virgieed4's Profile
@  343iBot : (09 November 2019 - 11:06 PM) Welcome to the forums, Keithcoasy! :welcome: View Keithcoasy's Profile
@  343iBot : (08 November 2019 - 07:30 PM) Welcome to the forums, randallvv4! :welcome: View randallvv4's Profile
@  343iBot : (08 November 2019 - 03:52 PM) Welcome to the forums, Hahatone_Rus! :welcome: View Hahatone_Rus's Profile
@  343iBot : (08 November 2019 - 03:19 AM) Welcome to the forums, rebaio18! :welcome: View rebaio18's Profile
@  343iBot : (07 November 2019 - 09:23 PM) Welcome to the forums, HannahFowler! :welcome: View HannahFowler's Profile
@  343iBot : (07 November 2019 - 11:35 AM) Welcome to the forums, danauq11! :welcome: View danauq11's Profile
@  343iBot : (07 November 2019 - 03:29 AM) Welcome to the forums, helenevs18! :welcome: View helenevs18's Profile
@  Tommy : (06 November 2019 - 09:23 PM) All mighty Twam
@  Halo6 Follower : (06 November 2019 - 09:22 PM) Phew, praise Twam
@  Tommy : (06 November 2019 - 09:19 PM) Yeah, but all is good now lol
@  Halo6 Follower : (06 November 2019 - 09:19 PM) 6 hour delay? o.0
@  Halo6 Follower : (06 November 2019 - 09:19 PM) And also weird
@  Halo6 Follower : (06 November 2019 - 09:18 PM) Whoa, spooky
@  Tommy : (06 November 2019 - 09:13 PM) Yeah I kept getting an error about missing some sort of extension and I needed to contact the administrator. My forgot password wasn't showing up in my emails but it eventually did like 6 hours later lol

Photo

Site Poll 88: What alien races will be in Halo Infinite?

Halo Halo Infinite Halo 6 Infinite Poll Site Poll

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 UNSC Spartan-II

UNSC Spartan-II

Spartan-II

• News Group
  • 1,741 posts
Heroic
         2    7    17             3               

Posted 14 August 2018 - 03:00 AM

oAEBUiG.png

Hi everyone, Spartan here with Site Poll 88.

Last week we talked about the likelihood of Blue Team being in Halo Infinite. On the whole, the community thinks we will see Blue Team, but whether they'll be playable or not isn't clear to us. Click here to view the last poll, 87.

halo_covenant_by_tfprime1114-d6no62n.jpg

What alien races will be in Halo Infinite?

Despite all the talk about Halo Infinite, I am yet to hear discussion about which species will show up. It's almost certain we'll see Sangheili (Elites), but how about the Yanme'e (Drones) or even the Huragok (Engineers)? Cortana broadcasted to pretty much the whole Galaxy, right? We know the Unggoy (Grunts) are siding with her. In this case, where there's no order, all species of Jackal will go to piracy, as they have always done. We shouldn't see them ally themselves with Cortana, but it's not surprising for there to be a few individuals who would join a mercenary group. The Jiralhanae (Brutes) would most likely not be seen, unless some join Cortana. Issue with them is they really are scattered all over the place, so it's unlikely we'll find some major Brute faction, the Banished were the best there'll ever be unless they all unite. Then there are some other minority species, such as the Yonhet and Sharquoi.

With Cortana trying to get all buddy-buddy with every race, and many others opposing her, what alien races do you think we'll be seeing in Halo Infinite? A few familiar faces from previous games/media, or even something entirely new? 

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts,

Spartan out.       :yay:

BStdT3J.jpg

#2 RedStarRocket91

RedStarRocket91

Secord's Protégé

• Legendary Members
  • 2,224 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:RedStarRocket91
  • LocationThe Highlands
   4                3                           

Posted 14 August 2018 - 07:08 AM

Let's start with my biggest fear: that all we'll get is yet another incredibly barebones splinter faction of the Covenant, and the Prometheans. Elites will just be regular rifle-wielders, with the only variant being a version with a better rifle and more shields, Grunts will be pure fodder, and Hunters will be how they were in Halo 5. At least this means we'd hopefully have another full set of Jackals. The Prometheans would be pretty much as they were in Halo 5 - teleporting bullet sponges with homing weapons which completely kill all mobility and force the player into a dull cover-shooter style.

But let's go for something more hopeful. The title is Infinite, after all, which I'm hoping means we're going to get to shoot basically everything in the Halo universe. So to start with, let's list all of the known factions, and then work back from there, in rough order of appearance; the UNSC, the Covenant, the Flood, the Prometheans, the Banished, and the Created. We can also reasonably throw in the Insurgency, even though they haven't appeared in the games. Also, on reflection, I'm coming back and adding this to a spoiler for the sake of thread length!

Spoiler

Anyway, that's my incredibly-long take on what I'd most love to see in Infinite: nothing less than the biggest, baddest, most diverse roster of enemies to date!

Verbosity is not a crime.

#3 Twinreaper

Twinreaper

۞ Silver_Halo ۞

• Legendary Members
  • 2,491 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:B4M Twinreaper
  • LocationAston, PA
         4    2             2         

Posted 14 August 2018 - 10:32 AM

I would like to see the introduction of new species into the fray.  For all the vastness of the Universe they created and in which we reside.....you mean to tell me there are no variant species of any of the existing for Elites, Drones or brutes?  I mean c'mon.....give us some variation here.  I would love to see a Reptilian or Amphibious type species make their way into the game.  You can't logically tell me that there are only 10 species of life residing in this Galaxy or Galaxies.  For that matter we havent really seen any real variation on the wildlife.  Enemies dont have to be super advanced or smart to be conscidered a threat.  As I said, an primitive reptilian species, with daggers on their tails, huge claw typre weapons and the ability to natural camo themselves into any environment would make for a pretty fierce threat.  Since Reptiles have thick scales, it provides a pretty nasty defense all on it's own.  Tracking it through thermal would be hit or miss, and it would be lightning quick anyway based on it's physiological design.  I always imagined coming into a cave, and having a group of them hanging upside down from their tails camo'd..... and then you step in, and they drop down.  Swinging away with metal shredding talons and a batallion of other natural and hand made weapons. 

Another species they could possibly do is a Avian type, similar to Drones, but more bird like.  I mean after this whole Covenant thing, and even before, there had to be other larger groups of species that banded together to either conquer or defend life in this galaxy.  I would also like to see more Pre-Halo Human structures and technology introduced.  Even if the Forerunners could and had the time to destroy every footprint of man before firing the rings, I dont think it's a realistic possability.  They were too busy being engaged by the Flood and the Human/Syuum alliance to be able to scavange through the Galaxy destroying our stuff.

IDk.... I hope to see more at E3 2019 to bring this whole thing into a better focus.  For now, it's fun to think about what could and could not be.

bungie.gif

#4 Drizzy_Dan

Drizzy_Dan

Jack of all Trades

• 4,039 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:LL Kool D
6       2       2                        

Posted 14 August 2018 - 03:58 PM

It’s hard to say right now but speculations have it that the Flood could make an appearance in Halo Infinite. Installation 07, where the game takes place, has a huge history involving the Flood, Mendicant Bias, and even the Primordial- an ancient Precursor/Gravemind.

I think with a return to older art style, we could also see a return to older enemies. I would say the focus would more likely be on Brutes since we have so many Elite allies now but there are a few factions of Sangheili I can name that 343 can write into the mix.
"And for the record, I would've kicked your *** the first time if the lady hadn't stopped me."

#5 I_Make_Big_Boom

I_Make_Big_Boom

The Prophet of No Ragrets

• Art Group
  • 1,564 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:SelfDestruct217
7             9                      2      

Posted 15 August 2018 - 01:39 AM

axl-square-542x542-51df157495ba4ae996ceb

Spoiler

#6 RedStarRocket91

RedStarRocket91

Secord's Protégé

• Legendary Members
  • 2,224 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:RedStarRocket91
  • LocationThe Highlands
   4                3                           

Posted 15 August 2018 - 05:25 AM

Just gimme everything to kill except with a few caveats:

• Gimme some Halo 3 Brute Chieftans.
  • Gimme some Halo 3 Scarabs.
  • Gimme some GOD DAMN FLOOD.

Translation: give me Halo 3 ;)

Verbosity is not a crime.

#7 superintendent

superintendent

Elite

• Members
  • 78 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Noshninjas2011
  • LocationClassified

Posted 15 August 2018 - 10:19 AM

based on the trailer I'm assuming there will be lots of wildlife. (More so than previous Halo games) If the flood comes back it would be interesting if they could infect said wildlife. Hopefully, they don't give barebones factions as mentioned above by RedStarRocket91.  

my opinion may seem like an onion! But it is mine! 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo, Halo Infinite, Halo 6, Infinite, Poll, Site Poll

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users