Why does Halo 5 have so few Game Modes & Playlists?

The Act Man

I feel like Halo 5 is missing some serious variety when it comes to Game Modes & Playlists. Where is Grifball, Oddball, Territories, KOTH, Assault, Juggernaut, and of course INFECTION?!? 

What are your thoughts on this issue? Why would 343 leave out so much from Halo 5? Despite the fact that Bungie already made all those creative game modes and playlists. 343 has full rights to utilize all of Bungie's past work for the Halo franchise, right? So why are so many classic game modes and playlists missing?

I made a video on this issue and I believe one of the reasons is that 343 wants to funnel people into Warzone, so they are more likely to purchase Req Packs.

Here's the link to the video: 

Because 343 cares about "Esports" since Microsoft pushes for it.

Halo 5 is getting Oddball, Grifball next update. Probably even Assault if Grifball goes back to its classic former glory, if not then we'll get Ricochet.

Infection has been confirmed to come at a later date, just not next month. As for Territories, it's been replaced with Strongholds. Juggernaut is probably definitely not coming back, it was a terrible game mode that pretty much no one played.

As for KOTH, hopefully it's coming back. It was a dumb game mode, but that's what made it fun. Especially in Multi-Team... So anyways, KOTH is a hope.

The reason they're not in the game is because 343 hasn't released them yet, cause Microsoft pushed for an early release so now Halo 5 gets free updates. Which will deliver the goods we wanted in the beginning.

Microsoft pushed for an Early release? like a month early? I don't think the "free updates excuse" is good enough for most people. Should we have to wait MONTHS before we can play infection, oddball, and grifball? When you'd think those game modes would be so easily added to Halo 5 in the first place.

Really? Well, even then, it shouldn't be THAT hard to add modes like assault, oddball, and grifball. It's like, just having those modes in custom games would make people like me happy, so we could make forge maps centered around a juggernaut. Sadly, the variety is falling short for me and countless others =/

• 3 weeks later...

How about adding fire fight cause I am about to give up playing multiplayer completely. I am not a great fps player and much rather use my spartan the way I want than not at all. The current multilayer is not what I would like to play and the campaign gets tiring after awhile. Even spartan ops would be nice.

Firefight is coming in the June update.