Relic map description revealed

Relic map description revealed

DuGLGHb.jpg?1

A few days ago Bravo announced the name of the Relic remake, Remnant, in his community update blog. (More information on that blog can be found here)

In this weeks Cannon Fodder we get the description!

When Bravo told us they'd be releasing more info following up to the release he wasn't kidding. Grimbrother One on Waypoint, who does the weekly Cannon Fodders, revealed to us the description of the new map Ramnant.

The looks of the map are described as follows:

"A secluded island, hidden along the coastal regions of Delta Halo, Remnant features a towering and iconic Forerunner megalith, weathered by untold millennia. Resembling other artifacts on Delta Halo, this enigmatic megalith became the site of comprehensive research by Lisbon pioneer groups. Local inscriptions catalogued by the Lisbon pioneer groups indicate that this towering megalith was constructed to pay tribute to Warrior-Servants who perished during the final siege of Forerunner colonies by ancient human invaders. After the Flood had overwhelmed key human strongholds, their incursions into Forerunner territory became violent as they attempted to contain the parasite through preemptive firebreak measures such as planetary immolation. The Forerunners struck back with devastating force, and many lives were lost on both sides."

It's cool that the map gets tied in with some lore this way.

On the way we'll be playing this map we get this description:

"As a War Games map environment, the site’s asymmetric layout and the artifact’s elevated, yet embedded position make it ideal for offense/defense engagements, including 1-Flag and Assault simulation objectives. Natural rock formations, outlying elements of the artifact, and a localized teleportation device offer an array of combat scenarios and infiltration methods that have been embraced by Spartans since Relic—the original version of this map—was introduced years ago."

Looks like we'll be doing some more bomb assaults and 1 sided CTF like the good ol' days. Makes me wonder what the interactive feature on this map will be besides the teleporter. Unless it is the teleporter ofcourse...

Are you excited to play on this map once again? And what do you think would be a cool interactive feature on this map?

Let us know down below!

Thank you for reading! :D

Source:

Halowaypoint

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 8

My guess is the Lightning Strikes down on certain areas of the map, killing you instantly. How it's activated I have no idea. It could be like terminal (the map with the 100MPH train that would literally wreck you) where the world kills you instead of an actual person. I'd like to think the lightning is more than for show.

Cool news Peanut. I just want to get my hands on ODST again Most of all.

Edited by rrhuntington
  • Like 1

My guess is the Lightning Strikes down on certain areas of the map, killing you instantly. How it's activated I have no idea. It could be like terminal (the map with the 100MPH train that would literally wreck you) where the world kills you instead of an actual person. I'd like to think the lightning is more than for show.

Cool news Peanut. I just want to get my hands on ODST again Most of all.

If random lightning can kill you on that map...

I can already hear haters triggering. They don't like randomness.

Would look cool though!

I like that they've mentioned Assault for it, One-Bomb oughta do well on Remnant. Also it appears we'll be getting some cool details to explore on the new map. Maybe some Easter eggs?

BLAM! soda cans and signs near the water that change on certain dates? Hidden wall messages?

Maybe there something ontop of the tower. I remember people could launch themselves up there with an overshield, Rocket Launcher and a Banshee in Halo 2 Classic.

Great post P34nut looking forward to see this map.

Oh btw P34nut it's BLAST soda cans not BLAM!, ok? YOU'RE WRONG!

BLAM... BLAST...

All the same ;)