Batman: Arkham Knight

source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/batman-arkham-knight-announced-for-ps4-xbox-one-and-pc-and-you-ll-be-able-to-drive-the-batmobile/1100-6418096/

Recently it has been revealed that a new entry into the Batman Arkham series, Arkham Knight, will be coming out apparently in October of this year for PS4, Xbox One, and PC, and is developed by Rocksteady.

UK retailer "Game" has listed Batman: Arkham Knight for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC, with the item's description featuring details about the game and box art.

2447906-arkham+knight.jpg

As quoted from Gamespot, "Arkham Knight takes place in a much larger Gotham city, with wider streets to allow the Batmobile to be properly integrated. Penguin, Two-Face, and Harley Quinn will also feature alongside Scarecrow."

Then during an interview, Rocksteady's co-founder Sefton Hill goes on to say,"We kind of feel like this is the natural end to the story. We want to kind of go out in style."

And here we have the debut trailer:

Thoughts? Edited by RedStarRocket91
Fixed trailer link.
  • Like 6

The trailer was fantastic but I don't like the way they made Harley Quinn look in this game. Hopefully she's still voiced by Tara Strong, I thought she did an excellent job in Arkham City and Origins. SUPER happy Rocksteady is behind this one again though. These guys know how to make a Batman game. Great post Self Destruct.

• Like 1

Scarecrow was always my favorite villain! I really hope they make his encounters like they were in Arkham Asylum! I am so excited about the Bat mobile but I hope they don't under-scale it to fit the city, or over-scale the city to match the vehicular combat. They need to find that goldilocks sweet spot, that's just right. I can not wait for this!  :D

• Like 2

to you guys think this is after Arkham City I'm sorry but I doubt it as his Bat suit is the armored Arkham Origins variant so my guess is it is after Arkham Origins but before Arkham Asylum so it fits perhaps Arkham will be like CoD now? with a game each year but developed by a different studio perhaps?

• Like 1

to you guys think this is after Arkham City I'm sorry but I doubt it as his Bat suit is the armored Arkham Origins variant so my guess is it is after Arkham Origins but before Arkham Asylum so it fits perhaps Arkham will be like CoD now? with a game each year but developed by a different studio perhaps?

Actually the game is set 1 year after Arkham City (if I'm not mistaken). I think it is in the article I quoted up there.

And Batman has many suits at his arsenal. In Arkham (Asylum I believe?) he had an unlockable Armored suit.

I need this so bad, I can hardly wait. Origins even though it had bugs I still loved it, the whole outside of Arkham setting was more my cup of tea. I'm just really happy that Rocksteady is doing this one again. Just hope the batmobile controls great and I hope for a more dynamic city.

• Like 1

I'm not saying WB Montreal did a bad job, I think they captured the Arkham game feel perfectly and I loved the Origins story, almost beat I Am The Night but died in Joker's crazy funhouse thing!! Anyway I just think it belongs in Rocksteady's hands, they did the first two and those games are just.. Wow. I mean no question the Arkham games are the best comic book games ever made, there's simply no other superhero game that can compete. And no Super Mario does not count as a superhero. However I'm not too keen with how everyone looks from this trailer. It's got me itching for more.

• Like 1

It's really great to see Rocksteady back in charge of production, as while Origins wasn't exactly a bad game it just didn't feel as tightly structured as its predecessors - and while the voice acting was much better than I had expected, the villains on show were a lot less interesting and varied than those in Asylum and City. Plus, being plagued with bugs and glitches really didn't help, especially once WBM announced that they were cutting work on patches to create DLC.

This section contains significant spoilers from Arkham City.

I guess the really big question is how the death of the Joker is going to affect things. While the Arkham games are rightly praised for their characters, atmosphere and gameplay, one of the things that doesn't get the recognition it deserves is how well they captured the dynamic between Batman and the Joker, and the way it underpinned all of their motives and the events of the games, so seeing the impact of his death on Batman is going to be interesting - and now that Harley Quinn has been confirmed as playable (at least in challenges) perhaps we're going to see more Arkham City-style gameplay using multiple characters? Playing as Robin during the Harley Quinn's Revenge DLC was a really great way of examining Batman' character from another perspective, and it definitely made clear that he wasn't coping well with what had happened - and with the Scarecrow being billed as the main villain this time around, I can definitely see some interesting stuff coming from individual characters having to face their own fears, as if it's Batman-only there's the worry that we'd just end up with rehashed versions of the Scarecrow sections in Arkham Asylum.

• Like 2

Red ....

Well in the end of the Arkham city dlc Robin talked about how Batman is feeling guilty over the death of the Joker and the female ( that name escapes me ) so that could be interesting to explore and one more point in Batman akrham city it was hinted at that Joker may have as son so once again very interesting here are a few things I would like to see from it.

1 Batman should have Joker flashbacks for example he could have one ( under the effects of Scarecrows fear gas ) of his strangling Joker to death or just a flash back of when Joker died.

2 Batman is both a good and bad thing of Gotham as the whole reason Joker broke out time and time again was to kill Batman nothing more so maybe at the end of knight Batman stops being Batman or dies somehow but finally stopping crime in Gotham and ending what he started to do. :)

• Like 1

Red ....

Well in the end of the Arkham city dlc Robin talked about how Batman is feeling guilty over the death of the Joker and the female ( that name escapes me ) so that could be interesting to explore and one more point in Batman akrham city it was hinted at that Joker may have as son so once again very interesting here are a few things I would like to see from it.

1 Batman should have Joker flashbacks for example he could have one ( under the effects of Scarecrows fear gas ) of his strangling Joker to death or just a flash back of when Joker died.

2 Batman is both a good and bad thing of Gotham as the whole reason Joker broke out time and time again was to kill Batman nothing more so maybe at the end of knight Batman stops being Batman or dies somehow but finally stopping crime in Gotham and ending what he started to do. :)

Batman does not stop being Batman. And in Harley Quinn's revenge, if you go back to the place where you find the original pregnancy test you find a bunch of negative ones which means the first was either a false positive or an idea that they decided to go back on. I could definitely agree with you on Scarecrow giving Batman Joker flashbacks with his fear gas, that would make the game very exciting.

Here are my actual, civilized feelings...

Batmobile? Oh damn!

New suit? Oh damn!

Rocksteady!? OH DAMN!

Next gen? Ohh... hell  yes... OH DAMN!

I want to pee in my pants. Right now. I want this game over any game at all, this year. Not even Destiny, lmao just Arkham Knight! *Dad says,"Well... it WOULD be cheaper on my wallet* lulz Regardless... I'M SO DAMN EXCITED! OH DAMN! I know that it won't be original to Arkham Asylum, or City... but who cares? Batman is so broad... all you can say is he has a dark suit, he's rich, and saves Gotham? Whatever the hell else can we expect? IT'S OPEN FOR SURPRISE! And... an UNDERWATER ELEVATOR!!??? WOAH!

• Like 2

I hope Killer Croc returns!  Imagine having him and Scarecrow team up together! Scarecrow uses his gas that makes you hallucinate while your inside of the city's dark sewers and subway tunnels and then the two of them mess with your mind as they literally try to scare you to death!  :)

• Like 1

I hope they add a function to customize your own batsuit, I liked the idea of suits in arkham origins.

just imagine:

Heavy armor parts for defense, but they limit mobility.

Light parts to improve speed an mobility but they limit defense.

• Like 1