343iCF Weekly Site Wrapup 6/8/13

Drizzy_Dan

Hi this is the Weekly Site Wrapup. Yes it is.

Primary Announcement: I am watching you.

CONTESTS

clue_banner2_zps1d3ad740.png

The results of the Get A Clue Forge Contest are in! Check them out on our affiliate site, HaloCustoms.com right here!

DGL
Announcement+Banner.png

The DGL finals are still going. Your division:

Castle Division:

Drizzy_Dan, Gazzy Mill Mill, Neurotic Kasper, Sarge, SikSlik7, Forum Dinosaur, Hater, Real Talk

If you still want info on the DGL for some reason click the links below:

Rules/Info
Match_Results
Gametype/Scoring

6/6 - I played Hater and lost 14 to 9 on DGL Entirety.

FEATURED INTERVIEWS

Kurt S-501 - Part 2 of the first Interviews Double Feature. He's one of the veteran members of the site.

FORGE

343 Industries Community Forge Project

SikSlik7's 343i Community Forge Project is a project that lets the members get together and make their own contributions to the maps made. SikSlik explains it all in his thread.

Read and sign up for the CFP here.

Ideas can be discussed in the CFP Idea Discussion thread so post yours here.

Here's his CFP Space Station Discussion Thread for the CFP's first project!

Community Poll: FORGE

WARHOLIC is a name that should be familiar to you all, he was a judge on the panel for the Meet Your Maker Forge Contest. Please check out this poll created by WARHOLIC of The Halo Council on what you would like to see in Halo 5's Forge.

"Halo 5 is currently in production, what better way to let 343 know what we want other than to TELL them?" - WARHOLIC.

Poll Here.

Featured Map

post-35626-0-90443500-1369995857_thumb.j

Following in TurbTastic's footsteps, a member by the name of treez0 created this remake of the MarioKart 64 course, Kalamari Desert. It's a good looking remake and him and TurbTastic do some good work. Find the thread link and download here.

GAMING NEWS

Halo: Spartan Assault

http://videos.halowaypoint.com/videos1/3f24b4f6e9d04b9b8875f14cdf224d12/2823877-smooth_apple-2152000.mp4

Here's the trailer courtesy of Waypoint.com that I've pulled from Frankenzer's thread. Comment on it here.

Here are some gameplay videos of the different game modes that I got from Waypoint as well:

Defend

http://videos.halowaypoint.com/videos1/c74bc095a46f4e9faee2dbadf20ccf90/2823887-smooth_apple-2152000.mp4

Clear

http://videos.halowaypoint.com/videos1/05c9566e763f420abbb7530e631c4057/2823881-smooth_apple-2152000.mp4

Destroy

http://videos.halowaypoint.com/videos1/03fe74f69c6745359e640d0e37d6fdd5/2823884-smooth_apple-2152000.mp4

HOT TOPIC

Here's a thread I've been waiting to feature for some time but with requests coming in, they kinda got in the way. Here's 'Will destiny be any good' by Left4NewVegas. Go ahead and leave your thoughts on Bungie's latest project with Activision, Destiny. Comment here.

MEMBER OF THE MONTH

Our June Member of the Month has been announced! It's.....................

Beckoningzebra1! :animier:  :animier: 

Find the announcement thread and congratulate him here.

Read his pretty damn awesome MoM Post here!

Our former MoM, the always great AbleSir Thomas of The Halo Forge Epidemic, will now be awarded with the MoM Award and will hopefully be added to the MoM Wall soon.

MOM_award.png

PLAY DATES

Halo Wars Play Date

euBrvQH.png

I don't know what went on in the other lobby but from what I heard it was a good one. Our lobby however was an amazing battle that lasted over an hour and a half. We went at it. It was a great game but in the end, someone always slips up. No matter how evenly matched you are. Second game I got dominated by Fishy and BaconShelf and eventually Boss went down too. Boss beat Bacon and Fishy in the last game!

Participants:

DocSpartanO07, skummgummigubbe, GermanShepherdD, BaconShelf, Frankenzer, D-38 Boss, Fishy, Elite, ThomasScott02, SpartanΩMEGΛ, Test subject 67, DN2012

All participants received the exclusive Halo Wars Play Date Award:  hwaward.png

USF ELECTION

It's back! Spyro's United States of the Forum Election is back up and our candidates are being elected. Winner becomes the President of the Forum. Which means nothing but is awesome. The election process has closed and the voting is now open. Here are your running candidates:

Drizzy_Dan

Bob

Beckoningzebra1

SykoWolf

The Director

Tornadoflame1

Vote or die here.

YOUTUBE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qvgW0AEJ0o&feature=player_embedded 

Here's yet another video by 0lAH that I'm featuring. You guys should keep up with him when he posts on here he has some really good content. This is the Wraith Pressure Glitch as you can see. Watch his video and leave it a like. Comment on his thread if you'd like here.

Thank you for reading now scroll back up and read it all over again.

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 4

The two hour game was me garrisoning 40 marines in a base and spamming them at attackers for an hour. 382 totalxD

And yes, e annihilated you in game 2!

(SpartanOmega was in the play date as well)

• Like 1

The two hour game was me garrisoning 40 marines in a base and spamming them at attackers for an hour. 382 totalxD

I'm gonna update it with the third party details and participants later. Have him or you PM me later with a member list by username not GamerTag please

I did pretty good! Lol. You missed my 2nd game Drizzy! It was BaconShelf, SpartanΩMEGΛ, and I (Fishy)

VS

GermanShepherdD, Test Subject 67, and D-38 Boss.

First to go down was Test Subject 67 (He tried his best to defend but was killed by Fishy and his hunters), a couple seconds later was SpartanΩMEGΛ (He was defeated by GSD with his cobras and ODST's); then was BaconShelf (He got his Grizzly and Cobra army destroyed by D-38 Boss ODST's and Scorpions and GermanShepherdD's ODST's) then Fishy went down. I was repitively getting attacked by GSD and D-38 Boss's army and doing well on a defensive position, then I eventually got all my hunters and jackals destroyed by their Mac Blasts. But all in all, it was a great game.

1st Place- Fishy

2nd Place- GermanShepherdD

3rd Place- D-38 Boss

4th- BaconShelf

5th- Test Subject 67

6th- SpartanΩMEGΛ

Super annoyed, it figures that I would join the wars play date and not get an award. This has happened like 4 Times and its getting old. Just ask DocSpartan, the one who said he'd give the party an award. Figures that everyone but me would get an award. My game,ertag is DN2012 so ask him to look with recents or something, cause I am really annoyed

Bought Halo Wars today just for 2! Hours of this. Next month.

Super annoyed, it figures that I would join the wars play date and not get an award. This has happened like 4 Times and its getting old. Just ask DocSpartan, the one who said he'd give the party an award. Figures that everyone but me would get an award. My game,ertag is DN2012 so ask him to look with recents or something, cause I am really annoyed

Hey brush guess wit

I'm missin like 4 play date awards as well

Raisin: Too lazy to pm asking of them

I'll do that someday.

Actually, people like me, boss and dan attended a previous play date and received the award. Drizzy said he would hand them out today, just PM him to say you attended. He couldn't get everyone.

That was a long match I was really sleepy but I kept going I could not even talk well and eventually I had a powercut. I'm never playing as brute chieftain again :D

Nah, you just couldn't handle garrisoned marines and Flanethrowers taking down everything from grunts to chieftain to scarab xD

Actually, people like me, boss and dan attended a previous play date and received the award. Drizzy said he would hand them out today, just PM him to say you attended. He couldn't get everyone.

Nah, you just couldn't handle garrisoned marines and Flanethrowers taking down everything from grunts to chieftain to scarab xD

I swear if I didn't have a power cut my locusts would crush your base while your marines fight my grunts 

Hopefully, my cap card will be wirking when we have the next playdate. I did some test screenshots to show off Halo 2, (If you could remaster any game thread) but I wish we could have recordedcmy defense.

Frank, Locusts are weak, and I do k ow how to prioritise targets