Hell has frozen over, and a Legend is reborn!

Twinreaper

Welcome back Twinreaper. We've missed your knack for swearing beyond necessity and knowledge of every one of Halo's mechanics :thumbup:

LOL

Hey Twinreaper, it's good to see someone of the Old Republic coming back to grace us of his presence. Teach those poor newbies what Knowledge really is. :thumbsup:

To the dismay of the entire community, I regret to inform you that one of the most beloved of it's old original members has returned!  That's right folks, fresh from the eternal damnation of the hell fire, I rise once again to grace this community.

For those of you who do not know me, search around....you can't go anywhere in here without running into something I have posted, someone I have touched or someone I have wronged.  In short....

- 1st MoM

- 1of 5 original memebrs to "be given" a title.  Yes, titles were sacred and earned once, not a profile customization.

- #1 in all things Halo knowledge related in terms of engine tech, rendering, textures, etc...

- #1 best guy evah!!!

That about sums it up.  So if you need help, need a reaming or just want to hang with an original OG of the forum, hit me up.  We got lots to catch up on guys!

There goes the neighborhood LMAO, good to see you back Twin  :jester:

Welcome back Twinreaper. We've missed your knack for swearing beyond necessity and knowledge of every one of Halo's mechanics :thumbup:

Never has a truer comment been said  :hrhr:

• Like 1

Hey TwinReaper. Don't know if I was active on here while you were, but welcome back either way!

If youre tech prowess is what people say, answer me this; Bungie stated that it is near impossible to forge AI and firefight- True or False?

Welcome Back!

Hey TwinReaper. Don't know if I was active on here while you were, but welcome back either way!

If youre tech prowess is what people say, answer me this; Bungie stated that it is near impossible to forge AI and firefight- True or False?

Welcome Back!

Yes and no.  The scenario file, which is also referred to as "map name".scenario is limited in what can be altered.  Everything you have access to in terms of Forging, is simply just editing the coordinates and spawn amounts of pre-determined items that reside in a scenario files "palette".  AI requires 3 different types of zones, a trigger volume, individual scripting, object pathfinding and a few other tid bits that would require new fields to be added when none exist.  This in return would result in the forger or player, needing to create a completely new seperate scenario file and furthermore, require you to have to recompile the scenario and or encrypt it.

Now yes there are dirty ways to achieve firefight and AI thru forging, but none of which can be done easily and would require hex editing and or an app that can poke meta data properly and or inject new data.  Assembly is close, but nowhere near where it needs to be to achieve this yet.  Xerax is working on this though I do believe...

Aside from that, Firefight maps are completely seperate maps.  Even though Reach had campaign maps or sections of them used for FF, they were seperate map files than the campaign.  Halo 4 uses a "War Games" and 'Spartan Ops" folder hierarchy to seperate the maps out.  So in terms of forging Spartan Ops maps, you would hit the same obstacles and even more because of the nature of the v6 Blam! engine and the new Megal scripting variant they use.

• Like 5

Yes and no.  The scenario file, which is also referred to as "map name".scenario is limited in what can be altered.  Everything you have access to in terms of Forging, is simply just editing the coordinates and spawn amounts of pre-determined items that reside in a scenario files "palette".  AI requires 3 different types of zones, a trigger volume, individual scripting, object pathfinding and a few other tid bits that would require new fields to be added when none exist.  This in return would result in the forger or player, needing to create a completely new seperate scenario file and furthermore, require you to have to recompile the scenario and or encrypt it.

Now yes there are dirty ways to achieve firefight and AI thru forging, but none of which can be done easily and would require hex editing and or an app that can poke meta data properly and or inject new data.  Assembly is close, but nowhere near where it needs to be to achieve this yet.  Xerax is working on this though I do believe...

Aside from that, Firefight maps are completely seperate maps.  Even though Reach had campaign maps or sections of them used for FF, they were seperate map files than the campaign.  Halo 4 uses a "War Games" and 'Spartan Ops" folder hierarchy to seperate the maps out.  So in terms of forging Spartan Ops maps, you would hit the same obstacles and even more because of the nature of the v6 Blam! engine and the new Megal scripting variant they use.

There is nothing the number one member doesn't know  :salute:

• Like 1

That's what I'm talking about! :P

To the dismay of the entire community, I regret to inform you that one of the most beloved of it's old original members has returned! That's right folks, fresh from the eternal damnation of the hell fire, I rise once again to grace this community.

For those of you who do not know me, search around....you can't go anywhere in here without running into something I have posted, someone I have touched or someone I have wronged. In short....

- 1st MoM

- 1of 5 original memebrs to "be given" a title. Yes, titles were sacred and earned once, not a profile customization.

- #1 in all things Halo knowledge related in terms of engine tech, rendering, textures, etc...

- #1 best guy evah!!!

That about sums it up. So if you need help, need a reaming or just want to hang with an original OG of the forum, hit me up. We got lots to catch up on guys!

Seriously dude, it's good to see you back! Here's a WB!!!

You and I are old members, we've known each other for quite a while, and I hope to have a good long friendship yet! WB dude!

• Like 1