Ravine Map I made is loading impact instead

Thunderfeet

I hope I'm posting this in the right place but if not would someone please direct me to where I should post this.

Ok So here's the thing I made a sweet map for odd ball on ravine, all of my friends thought it was sick but when we went to play it something weird would happen. Whenever I would try to load the map on ravine it would show up as this other forge map that I'm working on on impact. Also the picture for my map on ravine is the picture for Impact. Also when I play my ravine map which is really my impact map it is a different save that I've done more work on than if i just pick the actual impact map.

So I'm just wondering if anybody else had a similar problem and if so how did you fix it. Any sort of help would be greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...

This happened to me too.. I made a map on erosion, and it got saved over with a map from impact. This happened in Reach as well. Once it happens there is no way to recover the map that I know of. There are ways to prevent it from happening. Always save before you end a forge game even if you haven't made any changes. Make backups of all your maps. If you want to show your friends a map you are working on, don't do it in forge. Place a few spawn points so you can show them in custom games.

This has also happened to me with a gametype. I've saved ~100 or so gametypes and I attempted to load a KoTH mode "Leap Frog", when I click it, it showed the current gametype was set to a Flood mode "Double Dutch". I had to redownload the gametype to fix it, but all in all, never had this happen to me before in any situation.