The Flood Fix List

Armor-Plated Hank

Support! I am sure we will find other things that need to be fixed in forge. I believe flood also can't drive vehicles but not for sure on that one.

I actually think that they can drive vehicles. Let me check....

Yes, vehicle use is actually an option under Flood traits. Its fairly detailed too, with the option to choose which seats can or can't be used. Its too bad that this level of comprehensiveness isn't present in the other options.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that there is no way to allow the flood to sprint, and I'm not sure if sprinting can be disabled for humans.

I just checked, and you're right. You cannot allow Flood to sprint, nor can you disable sprinting for humans. This is definitely a problem.

Also, I've just noticed that the Flood tend to make audible sounds, like growls. This usually gives away the fact that they are near, which could be a problem. I'm not sure if its really that big of an issue though. And those growls do make games really creepy...

I don't know. What do you guys think?

• Like 2

I agree 100% with your arguement.

I guess it's just that the majority of Halo players aren't Forgers or Custom Gamers, but Matchmaking or Competitive players. So in this case, 343i decided that they'd focus more on the War Games and Campaign than anything else. I all due respect though, I thank them for continueing the franchise, and not ending the game with Reach.

There's also a large variety of problems with Forge, so I expect a few "Forge Fix List" threads to be made.

• Like 1

7. No Team VOIP like in Halo 3 (humans hearing only humans in game chat except for zombies in proximity, zombies hearing only zombies in game chat except for humans in proximity)

Sure, some infection games are fine with everyone being able to hear one another, but then the classic zombie games where it's all about being a team and using strategy, without the enemy team knowing your plans, are ruined. Being able to change the game chat VOIP to Team or FFA would be great, so we could choose and have greater flexibility with our gametypes.

8. Build-able turrets set to human (defender) ownership targeting humans - fix them so they only target the Flood (attackers)

• Like 1

7. No Team VOIP like in Halo 3 (humans hearing only humans in game chat except for zombies in proximity, zombies hearing only zombies in game chat except for humans in proximity)

Sure, some infection games are fine with everyone being able to hear one another, but then the classic zombie games where it's all about being a team and using strategy, without the enemy team knowing your plans, are ruined. Being able to change the game chat VOIP to Team or FFA would be great, so we could choose and have greater flexibility with our gametypes.

8. Build-able turrets set to human (defender) ownership targeting humans - fix them so they only target the Flood (attackers)

Yes, the option to actually change the game chat settings would be nice. The turrets would be cool, too. That might be to much to ask for, though. Maybe in a Flood wish-list...

Also, I don't think that the game automatically ends when all the flood members lose their lives. This is game-breaking, of course.

Also, It seems as if you cannot take the waypoint off of the LMS anymore. Another big issue

• Like 2

I think with something as detailed as Halo 4's Forge in its current form, it will certainly improve over time with appropriate and constructive feedback from the community to 343i.

Complaining about something without offering something constructive destroys the feedback you are trying to serve up to 343i. If I was a developer such as 343i, I would ignore the whining portion of the community and only listen to those who thoughtfully and constructively brought their idea's to the table, along with suggestions for existing/new elements of the said game.

Want an example? I'll use one of the dot points in your post:

2) Cannot Place Weapons on Map - Right now for Infection gametypes, there is no ability for weapon placement on maps. I feel as though this limits the forging community such as myself who also enjoy creating custom gametypes and variants. What I'd like to see (if possible) is the ability to enable this option or disable it (depending on how you want your custom Infection gametype to behave) to broaden the potential offered to the custom games and forging community

The point of my post?

Complaining gets you no where and makes you look silly

Think before you post.

If you want something to be considered seriously by whomever you are addressing your feedback to, express it in a mature and constructive matter. That's the best way to get the sort of resolution that you're looking for.

• Like 1

Yes, the option to actually change the game chat settings would be nice.

To me, classic infection has always been a team game, not a FFA as it is considered by 343i. They could possibly add a separate Flood/infection gametype, with all the options offered in the other one, in which the voice chat settings are set to Team, so that we can enjoy classic zombies gameplay, where humans and zombies can tell their teammates their strategies without having to worry about the other team hearing them all of the time. I consider the FFA voice chat setting to be a game breaker for anyone like myself who wants to recreate a more classic zombies game like we could enjoy back in Halo 3. This same problem existed in Reach, and I think this should be included as another bullet point in the OP.

• Like 1

I 110% agree with everything stated above and would like to add a couple more pointst.

For some ungodly stupid reason, the Flood can drive vehicles, but can't do splatter type damage with the vehicles. I'm not sure if they can do any damage with vehicles (for example, the ghost's guns), but this fact shuts down game modes like Ice Cream Man completely.

In addition, sprint cannot be turned off for base players, which really hampers potential game types in which slow movement is a necessity.

I'm not sure how all of these things that have been mentioned thus far got through testing. All of the points shut down creativity of forge users, and it's very disappointing to see in an otherwise astounding game.

I think with something as detailed as Halo 4's Forge in its current form, it will certainly improve over time with appropriate and constructive feedback from the community to 343i.

Complaining about something without offering something constructive destroys the feedback you are trying to serve up to 343i. If I was a developer such as 343i, I would ignore the whining portion of the community and only listen to those who thoughtfully and constructively brought their idea's to the table, along with suggestions for existing/new elements of the said game.

Want an example? I'll use one of the dot points in your post:

2) Cannot Place Weapons on Map - Right now for Infection gametypes, there is no ability for weapon placement on maps. I feel as though this limits the forging community such as myself who also enjoy creating custom gametypes and variants. What I'd like to see (if possible) is the ability to enable this option or disable it (depending on how you want your custom Infection gametype to behave) to broaden the potential offered to the custom games and forging community

The point of my post?

Complaining gets you no where and makes you look silly

Think before you post.

If you want something to be considered seriously by whomever you are addressing your feedback to, express it in a mature and constructive matter. That's the best way to get the sort of resolution that you're looking for.

Yes complaining gets you nowhere, and sitting back and saying nothing let's 343 what the community wants changed. Also, apparently listing valid points in a clear and concise manner is immature. Huh...

• Like 2

For some ungodly stupid reason, the Flood can drive vehicles, but can't do splatter type damage with the vehicles. I'm not sure if they can do any damage with vehicles (for example, the ghost's guns), but this fact shuts down game modes like Ice Cream Man completely.

I just tested this out, and i got a splatter with a ghost, no problem. There may be a more specific issue on your end.