Viewpoint

Kon3Z

Name of Map: Viewpoint

Canvas Map: Forge World

Link to MAP: http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/haloreach/Kon3Z/fileshare#!/?section=MapVariants&MapId=&GameMode=0&SearchDate=7&SortBy=2&view-select=Tile&tags=&startIndex=0&details=30642285

Recommended Player Count: 4

Game Variant: Slayer

Gamertag: Kon3Z

Hi, Viewpoint is a asymmetrical team doubles or Free for all map. It's themed around a forerunner satellite that is scanning the stars for intelligent life. I made the map around the rock spire thingy (don't question me) to do something people don't usually do. Here's an overview.

VPOverview.jpg

In the map there is two grenade launchers , one sniper rifle, and one shotgun as power weapons.

Sniper Rifle:

SniperSpawnVP.jpg

Grenade Launcher 1:

GLRedTeamVP.jpg

Grenade Launcher 2:

VPGLSpawnRed.jpg

Shotgun:

VPShotgunSpawn.jpg

I think the map is better with team doubles, and a little bit crowded if you do anything more than 6 people on FFA. But it's set up for at most 8 people for FFA. When you're playing the map, gameplay is centered around the teleporters and the sniper spawn. But you still see kills happen all across the map. Here's some gameplay pictures.

VP1.jpg

VP2.jpg

VP3.jpg

VP4.jpg

VP5.jpg

Well, there's the map. Have fun playing it!

I agree with Snake1323. If you plan on making the map for FFA, your weapon count is more than acceptable, however, most 2v2 maps feature only 2 or rarely 3 power weapons from what I've seen, but to be honest I'm not a Competitive Map expert. I like the idea behind this map and from the screenshots I can say that you've built a pretty nice backdrop for your battlefield. I have troubled discerning the overall size of the map, since it is partially within a caved building (which looks very good), so I can't totally judge it on the combat spread. So, I'll finish up by saying that your aesthetics within the cave/building were my favourite, you built a very good A.I console with the screen and it looks like a very nicely built map, although it differs from the traditional 2v2 map style. Keep up the awesome forging!