MY OPINION of Halo 4 - Before Playing.

Mr Biggles

When i first saw the halo 4 campaign trailer, i was on my bed, and i didn't blink once, it looked amazing, the graphics looked amazing, new weapons? can't beat that. Master Chief is back everyone!

However, after seeing many MP videos, im still not as impressed as i thought i would be, for a number of reasons.

1. Perks. The Perks just don't make sense to me, you can have unlimited sprint, 2 Primary weapons as well as some other things? I know im going to get flamed for this, but it seems they have got a lot of it out of CoD, now, people will say im Hypocritical cause i said before "If you want to keep up in the gaming industry, you have to copy everyone." that is true, but you are also meant to in some way, have your own twists, and im failing to see that with "perks." call them what you want, that's what they are at the end of the day.

2. BR/DMR, Now, some of you may not know this, but its a 5SK (5 Shot Kill), however, the BR ROF is much slower to that of the DMR ROF, which doesn't make sense, because surely people will use the DMR if they want to win, then the BR cause its slower, also, the BR apparently feels like pre patch halo 2 with the spread and stuff, and the pre patch halo 2 BR wasn't very good at all. For anyone who played halo 2, they will know what i mean. I think a solution for this is to make the BR 4SK so it kind of evens out, or make the ROF faster for BR.

3. Movement, from what ive seen, it looks slow, VERY slow, fair enough we saw some noob playing it, but still, it seems like a slow paced game, and with long kill times, this won't work at all. It should either be "fast paced, slow kill times" or "slow pace, fast kill times" not slow paced with slow kill times, it doesn't fit well together.

4. Promethean Vision, from what ive heard from Walshy, Promethean vision is much more powerful then a "small radius," from what he said, he could see around the Majority of the Map and see where everyone was, it needs to be toned down, seriously, im not going to play a game where someone can see me before i see them just because they have an ability, PV should be a quick 5 second burst and should only have a small radius.

In a Side Note, the Sniper Looks a lot heavier as well, and apparently it messes up sensitvity (makes it slower), so, not always good.

However, there are some positives.

1. Cool Assassinations.

2. BR is back.

3. The Bloom for the DMR is no where near as bad on reach, so the effects are not much different, from what Naded said, he said it doesn't make any difference at all basically, "like a visual."

4. The Thruster pack seems very good, almost a weaker evade, which is good because the evade was too OP in reach, the thruster pack seems perfect

5. According to Naded, Spawns have improved a lot more.

6. When your dead, you can't look around at your cam anymore.

7. The clan system seems to be returning, "Team Fury" seems to resemble some sort of clan, so, clan battles as a playlist?

8. Been confirmed that there will be no ordinance or Instant Respawn in normal playlists. Just Infinity Slayer and Regicide.

9. Lot of ammo in each weapon.

10. In a way, can't pick up nades off dead bodies, so no nade spammin'

However, all of the positives seem very minor, while the negatives seem to be like huge issues which will affect the gameplay loads. I don't believe from a competitive side, 343 has learnt enough and put enough into halo 4, however, we are only in beta, so, will be interesting to see what other information is revealed and what they have learnt from the beta, and how it will be changed for the eventual release, however, the beta they put on here is basically what they are going to put out for the final game, i want competitive from the GET GO, not something like this, however, this doesn't mean im not going to buy halo the day it comes out, I will, and i will play through it thoroughly and then give another view when i have actually played the game. These are all views from opinions ive seen on many forums.

this is all based off People's opinions as well, ive not played the game myself, but, heard different opinions.

Anyway, opinions? I did this from a competitive Perspective.

FEW LINKS FOR PEOPLE TO BE INTERESTED IN:

http://halocouncil.c...ization-Screens

http://halocouncil.c...Screens-Helmets

• Like 5

Spend Money On Mulberry Designer Handbags On Selling Prices

Mulberry bag sale

This seems like a useless post...

Biggles, I understand your concern. I feel the same way. Well, except for the movement speed. I think that looks fast enough to me. I mean, it looks a lot faster than Reach. Other than that, I guess we will see when we get to play.

Fair opinion indeed and most of all you have some good arguments.

My thoughts: this game is going to be great and yes it has a lot of change some better than the other but it is hard to keep everyone happy.

Hey Mr.DirectBiggles, I understand how you are feeling about these potential cons of Halo 4.

Hearing about the confusing BR and DMR differences didn't make a lot of sense to me either (though I'm so glad to see the BR back).

I'm sure that 343, while being new, has more than enough experience in game making as what I have heard of, there are a number of exBungie staff on their team (like Frank O' Connor). And I'm sure all of the staff are who weren't originally from Bungie are massive Halo fans anyway who want nothing more than to do the title justice by making the game look and feel like a Halo game, only better.

What I have found consistent with the Halo games is they are always well balanced. Kinda like the rock, paper, scissors idea in that where one weapon/ability is strong in some instances, they aren't in others. And vise versa with weapons/abilities that are weak here and strong there.

So, while at the moment some things sound under or over powered, or just a bit too much like CoD, I'm sure with more information from later gameplay teasers, refinement by they 343 crew, and then our own experiences when we play it, that it'll make sense why this and that are the way they are.

Haha, I hope that makes sense. What's with that post two up^^? Didn't know Halo fans would be in the consumer bracket for Mulberry Handbags..

Nice job, Biggles. Well thought out and constructed topic, and I understand exactly where you're coming from. I thought the movememnt looked kinda slow myself, but it could have just been the video and a really bad player, but I dunno. Won't really know until we play it ourselves. I agree 100% that the BR needs to be a 4-shot, and I'm still unsure about the perks. I've always been iffy about them, but I hope that they'll be fairly balanced. Starting with two primary weapons could be a really bad thing, though. Larger maps with a DMR & BR start, now we have the best of both worlds....

Hey Mr.DirectBiggles, I understand how you are feeling about these potential cons of Halo 4.

Hearing about the confusing BR and DMR differences didn't make a lot of sense to me either (though I'm so glad to see the BR back).

I'm sure that 343, while being new, has more than enough experience in game making as what I have heard of, there are a number of exBungie staff on their team (like Frank O' Connor). And I'm sure all of the staff are who weren't originally from Bungie are massive Halo fans anyway who want nothing more than to do the title justice by making the game look and feel like a Halo game, only better.

What I have found consistent with the Halo games is they are always well balanced. Kinda like the rock, paper, scissors idea in that where one weapon/ability is strong in some instances, they aren't in others. And vise versa with weapons/abilities that are weak here and strong there.

So, while at the moment some things sound under or over powered, or just a bit too much like CoD, I'm sure with more information from later gameplay teasers, refinement by they 343 crew, and then our own experiences when we play it, that it'll make sense why this and that are the way they are.

Haha, I hope that makes sense. What's with that post two up^^? Didn't know Halo fans would be in the consumer bracket for Mulberry Handbags..

I think 343 have easily the experience necessary to make it a great game, and it is a great game, if this was halo 1, this would be fantastic.

from a competitve perspective though, im just not seeing it.

Btw, the guy up there is a bot who managed to get through and spam. Spambot.

Im sure they will get it right. All the tools are there for it to be good they just need to tone a few things here and there. I dont think its anything to worry about.

Well considering what they put in at E3 is close to the final product they are going to put in the box, we have a lot to worry about.

Great post, Biggles. I agree with almost every single word said. But I have some problems too.

3. Movement, from what ive seen, it looks slow, VERY slow, fair enough we saw some noob playing it, but still, it seems like a slow paced game, and with long kill times, this won't work at all. It should either be "fast paced, slow kill times" or "slow pace, fast kill times" not slow paced with slow kill times, it doesn't fit well together.

For some who hates the relationship between Halo and COD, you sure are supporting something really COD like. COD games all have very fast movement and Kill times of less than a second. What always pointed out the difference between Halo and COD to me was the fact you could survive long enough in Halo to use strategy.

4. Promethean Vision, from what ive heard from Walshy,

In a Side Note, the Sniper Looks a lot heavier as well, and apparently it messes up sensitvity (makes it slower), so, not always good.

Also, the fact that you were chewing me out over sources, and then to have your post include ''looks a lot heavier'' and ''what I've heard from'' is pretty rude.

But, there's a whole video on the weapons, sniper and the lot, so, i got my source from there, if necessary, i'll post it.

I didn't mean CoD kill times, but IMO it needs to be a bit faster.

I can back all my stuff up with videos and Quotes.

Movement may be slow because they don't want sprint to be too fast but at the same time they want it to be an advantage.

I agree with you about the four shot BR, as the DMR has a faster kill time even when the BR is four shot and by lots of ammo do you mean what Walshy said about the sniper? If so, that was because they had on the ammo perk and didn't realise it lol.

Also, I don't like the thought of the snipe feeling heavy like Reach's was. In my opinion, Halo 3's was perfect. But my main concern is whether or not 343 can find a right balance to the perks and stuff. There's been lots of information released over the past few days and I don't think I can have a valid opinion until I play the game.

P.S. They are implementing some of CoD's features but I think most of them have a twist on them which I'm grateful for.

When i first saw the halo 4 campaign trailer, i was on my bed, and i didn't blink once, it looked amazing, the graphics looked amazing, new weapons? can't beat that. Master Chief is back everyone!

However, after seeing many MP videos, im still not as impressed as i thought i would be, for a number of reasons.

1. Perks. The Perks just don't make sense to me, you can have unlimited sprint, 2 Primary weapons as well as some other things? I know im going to get flamed for this, but it seems they have got a lot of it out of CoD, now, people will say im Hypocritical cause i said before "If you want to keep up in the gaming industry, you have to copy everyone." that is true, but you are also meant to in some way, have your own twists, and im failing to see that with "perks." call them what you want, that's what they are at the end of the day.

2. BR/DMR, Now, some of you may not know this, but its a 5SK (5 Shot Kill), however, the BR ROF is much slower to that of the DMR ROF, which doesn't make sense, because surely people will use the DMR if they want to win, then the BR cause its slower, also, the BR apparently feels like pre patch halo 2 with the spread and stuff, and the pre patch halo 2 BR wasn't very good at all. For anyone who played halo 2, they will know what i mean. I think a solution for this is to make the BR 4SK so it kind of evens out, or make the ROF faster for BR.

4. Promethean Vision, from what ive heard from Walshy, Promethean vision is much more powerful then a "small radius," from what he said, he could see around the Majority of the Map and see where everyone was, it needs to be toned down, seriously, im not going to play a game where someone can see me before i see them just because they have an ability, PV should be a quick 5 second burst and should only have a small radius.

However, there are some positives.

1. Cool Assassinations.

2. BR is back.

3. The Bloom for the DMR is no where near as bad on reach, so the effects are not much different, from what Naded said, he said it doesn't make any difference at all basically, "like a visual."

4. The Thruster pack seems very good, almost a weaker evade, which is good because the evade was too OP in reach, the thruster pack seems perfect

5. According to Naded, Spawns have improved a lot more.

6. When your dead, you can't look around at your cam anymore.

7. The clan system seems to be returning, "Team Fury" seems to resemble some sort of clan, so, clan battles as a playlist?

8. Been confirmed that there will be no ordinance or Instant Respawn in normal playlists. Just Infinity Slayer and Regicide.

9. Lot of ammo in each weapon.

However, all of the positives seem very minor, while the negatives seem to be like huge issues which will affect the gameplay loads. I don't believe from a competitive side, 343 has learnt enough and put enough into halo 4, however, we are only in beta, so, will be interesting to see what other information is revealed and what they have learnt from the beta, and how it will be changed for the eventual release, however, the beta they put on here is basically what they are going to put out for the final game, i want competitive from the GET GO, not something like this, however, this doesn't mean im not going to buy halo the day it comes out, I will, and i will play through it thoroughly and then give another view when i have actually played the game. These are all views from opinions ive seen on many forums.

this is all based off People's opinions as well, ive not played the game myself, but, heard different opinions.

Anyway, opinions? I did this from a competitive Perspective.

i tought you was one of the few who actualy will lock down on the halo 4 multiplayer

but i hate people comparing halo to COD before they even have played it just from some ****y half bad gameplays

sorry if i sound negative but i hate it starts to getting more and more that is complaining about halo 4 and how much it is turning in to COD

all i have seen so far i love

What always pointed out the difference between Halo and COD to me was the fact you could survive long enough in Halo to use strategy.

I'm with you on this one. Longer kill times lead to bigger skill gaps, as it's harder to get cheap kills from behind or from really long range, unless you're using a dedicated 'Pro' weapon like the Sniper Rifle.

• Like 2

is that just for infinity slayer or for EVERY Gametype?

I really hope it's not all gametypes. I like grenades, they add a tactical advantage, but if I can't pick them up off of dead bodies? They better have a decent placement on the maps, then.

Interesting thoughts man, you make some valid points. I'm just happy with the direction they're going with the Chief. I'm very excited about the BR and the AR seems like it's got more punch. Spartan Ops looks like a nice touch but I'm in for the campaign mostly.

I think Halo 4 will be a great game, though. We should give our opinions after the game comes out. Some of your cons I agree with, but I will have a blast playing the game, without being judgmental as new members on this site who hate on Halo 4 with no reasons. I honestly think perks will work greatly, and I am no fan of CoD. Also, Halo 4 looks kinda fast paced if you asked me, I don't know. Anyways, I respect your opinions, Biggles :thumbup:

for people who want proof from pros.

[media=]

[/media]

[media=]

[/media]

Thank you. I was just slightly peeved about it. We're all good here, Biggles :)

I'm with you on this one. Longer kill times lead to bigger skill gaps, as it's harder to get cheap kills from behind or from really long range, unless you're using a dedicated 'Pro' weapon like the Sniper Rifle.

Exactly. That's the only reason I don't like COD. If you're seen first, your pretty much dead, unless the other person can't aim worth crap.

• Like 1

Exactly. That's the only reason I don't like COD. If you're seen first, your pretty much dead, unless the other person can't aim worth crap.

And in CoD you get such a huge aim assist, even if they can't aim it still doesn't matter - that's one thing I definitely like about Halo 4, it looks like there's going to be a lot less mechanical help in keeping on target.