Halo 4 ONLINE RANKS -Please not as in REACH!!!

Nedia

u have GOT to be kidding me reach had WAYYY more ppl playing it because it appealed to the masses much more than 3 and STILL has more players than halo 3...nextly the 1-50 system DID NOT work because the main idea of it was to pair like-skilled ppl with eachother but ppl would purposefully lower their skill so theyd get paired with less skilled ppl anyway

and the MAIN thing about it was that back then we didnt have like 150 armor permutations that were gained by leveling up if u use a 1-50 system someone would have to rank up to 50 in EACH gametype just to unlock all the armor this is a major waste of time and most ppl would not even want to be on ALL of the gametypes they wanna just stick with 1 they feel comfortable with which is also why reach was better ppl who were unfamiliar with halo could just stay on game modes like infection and still level up and get new armors

First off you're wrong, Halo 3 was out longer than Reach was and still had double the amount of players playing it before reach came out. Second the Halo : Reach ranking system is boring, coming from a competitive player I hate playing against opponents who are either completely garbage, or completely destroying me, I rather play against someone with similar skill and Halo : Reach failed to provide that to the competitive community. Right now its the weekend and Halo : Reach only has 90000 people playing the game, back before Reach came out Halo 3 had 150000+ online on weekends.

First off you're wrong, Halo 3 was out longer than Reach was and still had double the amount of players playing it before reach came out. Second the Halo : Reach ranking system is boring, coming from a competitive player I hate playing against opponents who are either completely garbage, or completely destroying me, I rather play against someone with similar skill and Halo : Reach failed to provide that to the competitive community. Right now its the weekend and Halo : Reach only has 90000 people playing the game, back before Reach came out Halo 3 had 150000+ online on weekends.

ur demonstration there at the end has what most teachers would call flawed research u use reach's CURRENT numbers against numbers pulled from an unspecified time on halo 3 also as a competitive player u should realize halo has been a game for the general public not just for the "competative gamers" (who should just call themselves mlg's and be done with it) nextly reach is still a relatively new game its only been out for like...3 years and people r still quite content to play it u shouldnt assume just because ur done with it means it died just like the mlg still worships halo 3 clearly halo 3 hasnt died because of them all still playing it and the reason u were running into ppl who were either trashing u or being trashed by u as u put it is because reach was meant to be and is a game for the general public competative and non-competative alike thats why they added the search options to look for talkative friendly non-competative players or roudy nasty competative players
  • Like 1

@Kaat S-081

Please be quiet, you don't know what the 1-50 skill system is and Halo 3 had lots more players than Halo Reach. Halo Reach hasn't even been out for two years and I'm starting to think you don't know a thing about Halo. Halo 3's ranking system kept players coming back. Halo needs another ranking system like it.

@Kaat S-081

Please be quiet, you don't know what the 1-50 skill system is and Halo 3 had lots more players than Halo Reach. Halo Reach hasn't even been out for two years and I'm starting to think you don't know a thing about Halo. Halo 3's ranking system kept players coming back. Halo needs another ranking system like it.

firstly no i will not be quiet and id like to see u make me nextly where r u getting ur numbers cause i see no statistics with u about how many players were on each game and thirdly the only players halo 3's ranking system keeps coming back r u mlg boys who think u apparently count for thousands of players cause u keep saying thousands more ppl played halo 3 than reach which is just untrue and if ur gonna post a comment make sure u keep it on a professional level from now on and stop with the personal attacks and trolling bro cause ur lil comment of saying i "dont know a thing about halo" is untrue...theres at least one person i know that i beat in halo knowledge and thats u :3
  • Like 1

firstly no i will not be quiet and id like to see u make me nextly where r u getting ur numbers cause i see no statistics with u about how many players were on each game and thirdly the only players halo 3's ranking system keeps coming back r u mlg boys who think u apparently count for thousands of players cause u keep saying thousands more ppl played halo 3 than reach which is just untrue and if ur gonna post a comment make sure u keep it on a professional level from now on and stop with the personal attacks and trolling bro cause ur lil comment of saying i "dont know a thing about halo" is untrue...theres at least one person i know that i beat in halo knowledge and thats u :3

You don't know what the Halo 3 ranking system is. Just Sayin'

What you need to understand is that Halo : Reach catered to only one group of gamers, and it's casual gamers. Halo 3 catered to both, for competitive players they had ranked playlists that went by numeric rankings, and for casual players who didn't care about rankings had social slayer, and if they were bad they would get a low rank to play with people at the similar skill level. Reach ruined the competitive part of Halo which is why they got kicked out of MLG events, which sucks to see after a successful time with Halo 3.

Thank you, I was one month in Ireland so I had the chance to improve it :laughing:

The system you describe would be OK, I think. But it would be important to give the purely online focused stat/rank more visual presence than the one with Campaign influence at the online matches, per example like this:

Being the upper (and bigger!) number purely Online based and the other the Campaign oriented. So the player can know with one look if the other ones are good and experienced at online matches or not. Because thats the point I think REACH missed...

Yes I totally agree with this, it's very true.

The arena in reach failed because;

1. It wasn't visible, it was just displayed as another playlist amongst all the "social" playlists.

2. Even though the way it ranked players was pretty good, no one used it because your skill-based rank wasn't visible anywhere outside the playlist and simply wasn't prominent enough.

What you need to understand is that Halo : Reach catered to only one group of gamers, and it's casual gamers. Halo 3 catered to both, for competitive players they had ranked playlists that went by numeric rankings, and for casual players who didn't care about rankings had social slayer, and if they were bad they would get a low rank to play with people at the similar skill level. Reach ruined the competitive part of Halo which is why they got kicked out of MLG events, which sucks to see after a successful time with Halo 3.

this is clearly a waste of time to try to explain this to u but once more halo 3 was NOT friendly to casual gamers as u call them even on the "social slayer" things were rapid paced and chaotic with reach they made things more laid back and easy now im not sure why ud say that reach ruined the competitive part because from my standpoint ppl r still playing VERY competatively on reach (like the tryhards who spam banshees for kills in big team on objective based games) and lastly just because mlg doesnt agree with a halo doesnt mean its not a good game and wont be a success sorry to tell yah

this is clearly a waste of time to try to explain this to u but once more halo 3 was NOT friendly to casual gamers as u call them even on the "social slayer" things were rapid paced and chaotic with reach they made things more laid back and easy now im not sure why ud say that reach ruined the competitive part because from my standpoint ppl r still playing VERY competatively on reach (like the tryhards who spam banshees for kills in big team on objective based games) and lastly just because mlg doesnt agree with a halo doesnt mean its not a good game and wont be a success sorry to tell yah

"Rapid paced" and "Chaotic"... wtf? I'm beginning to think you never even tried to play Halo 3. Social slayer was so laid back and easy and there was so many other playlists to play that were mean't for people who play Halo for fun, and as I said the reason Reach feels that way is cause it caters only to casual gamers. But halo 3 catered to casual gamers just as much as it did for competitive gamers. Also just cause someone "tries hard" and spams banshee's does not make them a competitive gamer. The way I see a competitive gamer is someone who plays for rank and to be TOP rank and tries to be the best, or strives to play in a professional level of competition. In reach they cater to none of that, it seems as if they abolished that from the game hence why they took out numeric ranking to separate pro's from noobs. Lastly sorry to tell you but Reach was NO WHERE near success compared to Halo 3, everyone knows that.

Halo 3 was friendly to both, that's why Halo 3 had more people online at the end of three years than Reach had after one year. This is because it lost many fans, mostly from the competitive community. Real competitive players go for wins, not killstreaks. These "tryhards" in banshees are probably casual gamers just playing the game how you are supposed to. Also, I don't think you actually played Halo 3 properly, since you don't know a thing about it.

Guys, arguing about it isn't going to solve anything, and it sure as heck isn't going to change 343s direction with Halo 4. No matter what anyone thinks, Halo 4 will come out the way 343 thinks it should. We're just along for the ride at this point. They won't just overhaul what they have and start from scratch again to please the minority.

• Like 2

Halo 3 was friendly to both, that's why Halo 3 had more people online at the end of three years than Reach had after one year. This is because it lost many fans, mostly from the competitive community. Real competitive players go for wins, not killstreaks. These "tryhards" in banshees are probably casual gamers just playing the game how you are supposed to. Also, I don't think you actually played Halo 3 properly, since you don't know a thing about it.

"Rapid paced" and "Chaotic"... wtf? I'm beginning to think you never even tried to play Halo 3. Social slayer was so laid back and easy and there was so many other playlists to play that were mean't for people who play Halo for fun, and as I said the reason Reach feels that way is cause it caters only to casual gamers. But halo 3 catered to casual gamers just as much as it did for competitive gamers. Also just cause someone "tries hard" and spams banshee's does not make them a competitive gamer. The way I see a competitive gamer is someone who plays for rank and to be TOP rank and tries to be the best, or strives to play in a professional level of competition. In reach they cater to none of that, it seems as if they abolished that from the game hence why they took out numeric ranking to separate pro's from noobs. Lastly sorry to tell you but Reach was NO WHERE near success compared to Halo 3, everyone knows that.

u two clearly just arent getting it and just trying to keep a fight going while im just trying to clear ur confusion...no one will win in this situation so imma just let u both keep thinking u won this arguement cause im tired of telling u the basic facts while u keep spouting ur mlg brainwashing garbage so yeah...peace out troll boihs :3 btw zonemlg when u try to prove a point on papers in ur classes in the future the term "everyone knows that" is not actual research k?

u two clearly just arent getting it and just trying to keep a fight going while im just trying to clear ur confusion...no one will win in this situation so imma just let u both keep thinking u won this arguement cause im tired of telling u the basic facts while u keep spouting ur mlg brainwashing garbage so yeah...peace out troll boihs :3 btw zonemlg when u try to prove a point on papers in ur classes in the future the term "everyone knows that" is not actual research k?

You need to learn the difference between facts and opinions.

Everything your saying is your opinion.

and everything ur saying is somehow not yes? i like how in ur previous comments u took on the personafication of "thousands of people" xD in case u cant tell im enjoying this attempted arguement now :3 i think ill play along with ur trolling for a bit

and everything ur saying is somehow not yes? i like how in ur previous comments u took on the personafication of "thousands of people" xD in case u cant tell im enjoying this attempted arguement now :3 i think ill play along with ur trolling for a bit

Trying to play it all cool now? haha.

Everything your saying is your opinion.

So you're saying that what you think is fact, and that anyone who disagrees with you is wrong? Sounds like another person with a superiority complex to me.

Right now, you're just blowing smoke out from where the sun don't shine.

Trying to play it all cool now? haha.

Same with you XBLuke. I don't know what makes you think what you said is insulting.

• Like 2

So you're saying that what you think is fact, and that anyone who disagrees with you is wrong? Sounds like another person with a superiority complex to me.

Right now, you're just blowing smoke out from where the sun don't shine.

Same with you XBLuke. I don't know what makes you think what you said is insulting.

Oh no don't get me wrong everything I said is my opinion, except the fact that MLG did kick out Reach from competitive events and all that.

Lolwin, also, at you two silly billys (not kaat), i do know what 1-50 is, and ranking, so shut it.

No you don't, go read your comment on it before you say you do.

Also you shouldn't be someone to complain on saying it was too easy look at your record and highest skill.

You're 37 levels away from 50.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Halo3/Default.aspx?player=Azaxx

No you don't, go read your comment on it before you say you do.

Also you shouldn't be someone to complain on saying it was too easy look at your record and highest skill.

You're 37 levels away from 50.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Halo3/Default.aspx?player=Azaxx

Doesnt matter if i was good or not. So by that logic, people have no right to speak by their skill....err wrong.

• Like 1