Wraith vs. Scorpion

Which is better?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Wraiths or scorpions?

The covenant plasma mortar tank, A.K.A. the Wraith is strong and comes with a boost feature.

Weapons:

• Huge bolt of plasma that can demolish smaller vehicles and infantry
  • Attached plasma cannon that can kill any infantry that attempt to jack
  • Boost feature which propels the wraith forward and can splatter infantry

Then there is the UNSC heavy metal tank, A.K.A. the Scorpion, which has a very powerful cannon.

Weapons:

• Giant cannon which can destroy aircraft, infantry, and vehicles in a matter of moments
  • Attached machine gun which can blast away at nearby infantry and smaller vehicles

Now comparison.

Wraith v. Scorpion

• Wraith comes with boost / Scorpion doesn't
  • Scorpion has more controlled cannon shots than Wraith
  • Plasma cannon drains away at any infantry / MG is better for destroying ghosts and smaller infantry

And before you choose the scorpion, here is some information written by Fal' Taralumee that may convince you otherwise: (THIS IS NOT MY INFORMATION!!! IT WAS WRITTEN BY Fal' Taralumee so don't give me credit for it!)

I say the Wraith is better, and no, this isn't because I am a Sangheili fan. The logic is simple really. Whilst a Scorpion beats the Wraith head on, what if the Wraith was around a rock. The Wraith can shoot of the rock with its plasma mortar, hitting the Scorpion before it even gets there.

A Scorpion's shell doesn't bend or curve over, it goes straight. In comparison, the Wraith's mortar curves and dips down, hitting accuracy; distance and height. The Wraith can remain hidden and in cover whilst shooting, whereas a Scorpion can't, it will hit a wall.

Wraith's are also easier to kill hijackers where Scorpions are literally impossible unless you are near a wall. Also, the Scorpion cannot boost to quickly evade damage or hijackers which makes in vulnerable to more jacks and susceptible to more damage. However, the Wraith can use its boost to evade this.

These reasons for me, are why the Wraith is better than the Scorpion.

So now the vote :)

What do you guys think?

Definitely have to go with the scorpion. While the wraith is good for moving about quicker due to the boost, I like the feel of the scorpion better. It just feels more "right" if you know what I mean.

The Scorpion beats the Wraith hands down. It's way more powerful. (Too powerful. It should be removed from matchmaking.)

I wouldn't go that far.. Sure, it's powerful, but very slow. Easy to be jacked if you don't know what you're doing, or if you don't have someone watching your back.

I say the Wraith is better, and no, this isn't because I am a Sangheili fan. The logic is simple really. Whilst a Scorpion beats the Wraith head on, what if the Wraith was around a rock. The Wraith can shoot of the rock with its plasma mortar, hitting the Scorpion before it even gets there.

A Scorpion's shell doesn't bend or curve over, it goes straight. In comparison, the Wraith's mortar curves and dips down, hitting accuracy; distance and height. The Wraith can remain hidden and in cover whilst shooting, whereas a Scorpion can't, it will hit a wall.

Wraith's are also easier to kill hijackers where Scorpions are literally impossible unless you are near a wall. Also, the Scorpion cannot boost to quickly evade damage or hijackers which makes in vulnerable to more jacks and susceptible to more damage. However, the Wraith can use its boost to evade this.

• Like 2

Wow, you put up a good argument. I still just naturally like the scorpion better, but this convinces me otherwise. Wow, very informative! If I were a mod I would give you the Quality Post Award. :clap:

Wow, you put up a good argument. I still just naturally like the scorpion better, but this convinces me otherwise. Wow, very informative! If I were a mod I would give you the Quality Post Award. :clap:

Thank you very much, it means a lot. I try my best to provide this forum with quality posts. Quality, not quantity.

• Like 1

UNSC all the way. I like the Scorpion because it has straight shots and two to three shots destroys anything. The Wraith isn't bad, I just don't like how its a mortar and has a somewhat limited range.

UNSC all the way. I like the Scorpion because it has straight shots and two to three shots destroys anything. The Wraith isn't bad, I just don't like how its a mortar and has a somewhat limited range.

Good point

You guys all have great reasons for what you choose :)

Two to Three? o.O

Somehow, I've taken out other tanks before with only one shot. With no visible damage. Most of the time its 2sk for other tanks. And as far as Revenants, Warthogs, Ghosts, Falcons, and Mongeese go, its a 1sk.

Scorpions do go pretty slow, as some people have said. I would have to say that the Scorpion has way better weapons/attachments, but it is very slow. I have destroyed other peoples Scorpions from behind countless times. I like the Wraith for closer combat. It has definitely become less overpowered than Halo 3's, it seems.

Forgot to mention that the Scorpion has better traction control than the Wraith

I prefer the Scropion because of its 360 movement with the cannon and its straight fire, and its traction control because it can take on the a slope and not fail unlike the Wraith, stops halfway and back down, plus since it doesnt have the boost, you don't run risks with Betrayals if you need to high tail it out of the heat

• Like 2

Forgot to mention that the Scorpion has better traction control than the Wraith

I prefer the Scropion because of its 360 movement with the cannon and its straight fire, and its traction control because it can take on the a slope and not fail unlike the Wraith, stops halfway and back down, plus since it doesnt have the boost, you don't run risks with Betrayals if you need to high tail it out of the heat

:clap: Y'all are so detailed :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Two to Three? o.O

Somehow, I've taken out other tanks before with only one shot. With no visible damage. Most of the time its 2sk for other tanks. And as far as Revenants, Warthogs, Ghosts, Falcons, and Mongeese go, its a 1sk.

My aim isn't always the greatest when I'm in a tank. But, I have taken some out in one shot as well.

Scorpion is far, far better no doubt. I like the Wraith better though. Its more of a skillful vehicle and it belongs in MM while the Scorpion does not.

I feel the same. There is just something about the Wraith that makes me want to use it over the Scorpion. Maybe it's just the challenge to use it. But the Scorpion destroys it easily.