Do you like the new additions to H4???

SatanicBagels

I know that its a Halo game and theres a good chance that it will be great anyway... But does anybody here actually think that the addition of create-a-class, weapon skins, superpowers AA's, and armor skins is moving the series in the right direction. I for one just want that a regular Halo game with a regular game formula. I'm not really interested in change anymore (lol).

• Like 5

Ehh, I honestly can't say until I play it. The more mature and older the gaming technology becomes the more in depth the game will get with it's customization. Eventually all games will have some kind of custom feature.

I actually love the custimization options. Its just the AA's and stuff that I don't like. Sprint is fine. but you start giving people thruster packs and I think it adds elements of luck to what would otherwise be a skill based game.

You could say that I think H4 looks to have too much of a CoD like feel for me... But then I'll be smashed by the Halo fanatics.

• Like 4

I actually love the custimization options. Its just the AA's and stuff that I don't like. Sprint is fine. but you start giving people thruster packs and I think it adds elements of luck to what would otherwise be a skill based game.

You could say that I think H4 looks to have too much of a CoD like feel for me... But then I'll be smashed by the Halo fanatics.

How can you say Halo 4 is like COD when you've never played it?

• Like 1

From all that I have seen, heard about, and read I can safely say I like what I know so far. It all seems pretty fun and interesting to me and I can't wait to get into the game and start playing with everything. I'm still on the fence about stuff like modifications and other things like that, but so long as they can balance everything in Halo 4 pretty well then I won't have much of an issue with it. Halo 4 seems very promising to me so far, but I'm not going to form any sort of final thoughts on it until I've played through the entire campaign and played a good amount of Spartan Ops, Custom Games, maybe used Forge, and played some online Matchmaking. What I think would be a smart decision to make is waiting to accept or dismiss Halo 4 until you've done the above. Experienced a good chunk of all it has to offer.

I do wish a lot of people would stop trying to use the "it's not Halo!" "it doesn't belong in Halo!" arguments. Everyone has their own opinion on what makes Halo what it is and who are we to say what belongs in Halo? Last time I checked the developers decided what does and doesn't belong in their game, not the players. They can listen and get feedback from the community, but at the end of the day it is their decision.

• Like 1

The perks are a bad idea to me. I feel that they will make gameplay unbalanced. Also, who thought of implementing an auto-turret?! An idea that is shared by pretty much all of the FPS' nowadays, and doesn't belong in Halo!

Well there was an auto-turret in Halo 3. I felt that it failed miserably, but seeing as I have no info on the Halo 4 auto-turret I don't feel that I can make an opinion on it.

dude why did you bring up cod here we go.

People seem to be posting intellegent well thought out comments so it doesn't seem to matter.

• Like 5

Well there was an auto-turret in Halo 3. I felt that it failed miserably, but seeing as I have no info on the Halo 4 auto-turret I don't feel that I can make an opinion on it.

People seem to be posting intellegent well thought out comments so it doesn't seem to matter.

will see when the trolls get on tomorow.

PPL COMPLAINED ABOUT REACH AFTER HITTING INHERITOR UHAVE THOSE CREDITS YOU CAN DO NOTHING WITH! With these additions we have more of a reason to play in my opinion im actually lookin foward to playing it not worryed about whats this or that! What i dont like is that they used regular camos like other games which in my opinion isnt bad but for it being halo i wouldve loved to see halo style skins!

Yes, but they used it only in campaign, as Bungie saw that it would cause balance issues. Hopefully 343 adjusted it so it can be fair. They really do need to release some MP footage so we can understand all the new stuff in the leak.

So far, I'm pleased with the way things are heading. I don't mind custom classes, I think they could be fine. Armor abilities, if done properly and balanced well against one another, I'm completely fine with. Reach tried and failed with them, so lets hope 343 saw that and is working them from scratch. Weapon skins and armor skins are not going to affect gameplay, so I don't have any issues at all here. As for some of the "perk" type things, and specializations, well, I have to wait and see how they are implemented. This could be a great addition, or it could be horrible.

But like Mystic said, without playing the game, or at the very least seeing some in depth multiplayer footage, then I can't make my final judgement. I am definitely preordering it, though.

• Like 1

Heres an idea I have:

Since there's such a large rift between wanting the new additions and not wanting them, perhaps 343i could introduce two seperate playlist catagories called classic Halo and New Halo (placeholder name). That way everybody could get the kind of playing they wanted. It shouldn't be too hard of an addition since Halo: Reach's custom games system was indepth enough to do this. Why wouldn't H4's.

• Like 4

I really enjoy where the game is going. They have brought in some new additions never used before in halo matchmaking, such as: Custom loadouts, armor and weapon skins, brand new ranking system, et cetera. People fail to see the positive side of all of these, and automatically come to the conclusion that 'halo is turning into cod, stop copying everything!'. This is untrue by all means. First off, cod is certainly not the only other game with these additions, so why compare to them, I do not know. Secondly, halo absolutely must change to grow. This is precisely what has kept halo alive the past 10 years: Changing and adding additions to the game, for a brand new feel and unique gaming experience, while still keeping the game, halo.

I have 100% faith in 343 for keeping the halo series alive.

-Bullet

• Like 1

Heres an idea I have:

Since there's such a large rift between wanting the new additions and not wanting them, perhaps 343i could introduce two seperate playlist catagories called classic Halo and New Halo (placeholder name). That way everybody could get the kind of playing they wanted. It shouldn't be too hard of an addition since Halo: Reach's custom games system was indepth enough to do this. Why wouldn't H4's.

Ummmm....it might have that already.

This is a step towards more customization, so i love it. And i also think it's a natural step. The level of customization always increased throughout the Halo series. From armor colors only, to armor parts, to way more armor parts and such things as firefight voices, to this. I like where this is going.

The worst one is the fact that you have to unlock some things to use in create a class. It's not Halo.

It may not be Halo to you, but that doesn't mean it's not Halo period. Everyone has their own opinion on what makes Halo what it is, and I for one don't see much issue with having to unlock things for custom loadouts. You will still probably be able to pick up weapons placed around the map just like in previous entries, except now you're rewarded for your time playing and points spent by being able to pick from a few select weapons as a custom loadout. There will also be a default loadout depending on the map and gametype being played. If you're on a huge open map, it's not going to only give you an Assault Rifle and Magnum as a default loadout. I'm sure it'd start you with the Sniper Rifle and/or a DMR instead. Likewise it will more than likely give you an Assault Rifle/Battle Rifle and Magnum combination for more close and medium range maps.

• Like 2

It may not be Halo to you, but that doesn't mean it's not Halo period. Everyone has their own opinion on what makes Halo what it is, and I for one don't see much issue with having to unlock things for custom loadouts. You will still probably be able to pick up weapons placed around the map just like in previous entries, except now you're rewarded for your time playing and points spent by being able to pick from a few select weapons as a custom loadout. There will also be a default loadout depending on the map and gametype being played. If you're on a huge open map, it's not going to only give you an Assault Rifle and Magnum as a default loadout. I'm sure it'd start you with the Sniper Rifle and/or a DMR instead. Likewise it will more than likely give you an Assault Rifle/Battle Rifle and Magnum combination for more close and medium range maps.

Sounds just like how CoD works

Sounds just like how CoD works

Except that in Call of Duty there are no weapons placed upon the map. In Halo 4 you will be able to pick up weapons like you would in any other Halo game. The only difference is that now you can choose what (of the few available and not including power weapons) weapons you wish to spawn with. If someone wants to start with an AR, BR, or DMR instead of whatever the map's default gives them, I see no reason to deny them that so long as weapons are well balanced.

In Call of Duty you aren't able to pick up weapons that other players might be using by finding them placed upon certain areas on each map. In Call of Duty you get weapon attachments that also either increase or decrease the accuracy, damage, rate of fire, etc. for your weapons. This isn't the case for Halo 4. Just because Call of Duty does something doesn't automatically make it a bad thing. Plenty of other games do this, and I see no reason why Halo cannot so long as it is balanced well within the sandbox and how Halo plays.

"Halo needs to keep its identity!" This is true, but it also needs to evolve, take on new mechanics, and learn to adapt to the market in which it lives. I can assure you that remaining the exact same as previous entries in the series has a much higher chance of killing it off than changing it does. With change comes new players, a bigger community, a new community even. Keeping things exactly as they have been keeps out new players and pleases only the die hard fans who want to keep living the memories they've had with past Halo titles. Even then, die hard Halo fans will eventually grow tired of the series and move on as well.

I don't want to experience the same thing in each game. I want every game to have something new for me, something that I'll play around with and say "This is pretty awesome. It makes it feel pretty fresh and less of the same old Halo I've been playing. I can't wait to see what's in the next installment." .

• Like 4

I have no problem with the customization of classes, armor abilities, etc. as long as everything is basically balanced and doesn't affect the gameplay. I'm a big fan of the customization of looks and I think Halo should always progress, especially in cosmetics. I'm gonna have to play the game first to get what the armor abilities and classes are all about. I thought armor abilities were terrible for Halo when Reach introduced them, BUT this is Halo 4 and I'm trusting 343 to do the right things.