I'll tell you what I do not want in Halo 4

TheEnd

i do not want this game to base its multiplayer off of other games such as COD, or Battlefield, or gears, or any other game. i want Halo to be halo. anyone with me? i do not want unlockable weapons, unlockable armor abilities, ect. Nothing that affects the outcome of a game should be unlockable. everyone should have the same advantages and the game should be based on skill. that is what has made halo the game that it is.

please 343, take into consideration all of the halo fans that share my stance and see what we really want.

Halo needs to stick to its roots. not try to mimic every gimmick from other popular games to win over COD fanboys. to be honest, id rather we try to keep cod fanboys out of the halo scene.

another thing i do not want is forunner vision. sure it is supposed to stop camping. but guess what? campers can use it too, and see where everyone is coming from. it will cause more camping than it will deter

• Like 1

another thing i do not want is forunner vision. sure it is supposed to stop camping. but guess what? campers can use it too, and see where everyone is coming from. it will cause more camping than it will deter

it won't help the campers it will probably mess it up for them like active camo in reach you knew when they where near so you could look out

and you will notice when somebody uses forerunner vision

+an franck o'connor said the more experienced player don't need...

it it is mostly for "noobs"

and it's too late to change post early before halo 5 better luck next time

it won't help the campers it will probably mess it up for them like active camo in reach you knew when they where near so you could look out

and you will notice when somebody uses forerunner vision

+an franck o'connor said the more experienced player don't need...

it it is mostly for "noobs"

and it's too late to change post early before halo 5 better luck next time

he also said you can here it.

im still planning on pre ordering the game. but these are the things i do not want in halo 4. seeing as how there is a thread about what people do want. i wonder if they asked the community if they wanted unockable weapons

I give up looking at these. Another pointless thread complaining about things that are irrelevant.

how is this irrelevant? Halo is Halo for a reason. and now its bringing in things to be more like other games. i dont want it to be like other games. i want it to be Halo. and i feel the 343i wants to know what people think about the new things they plan on implementing in halo 4.

Wow. I see how original your post is. I have never thought that this point would have ever have been brought up. I mean I want halo 4 to be just like halo 3. Halo 4 is going to be just like cod. Oh I also didn't know that EVERYONE can use promethean vision. That's a shocked

This that I have said is all what I have heard from threads like this to this date. I'm sorry but halo has to evolve. It's combat evolved not combat stay the same.

• Like 1

I agree with you completely, but sorry to say i think the days of true halo are over and replaced with this crap. I have to say if they dont release some new info about some features that will bring the game back to its roots. Im pretty sure that im gonna give upon the franchise all together. Im not gonna pay 60$ for halo reach 2

I agree with you completely, but sorry to say i think the days of true halo are over and replaced with this crap. I have to say if they dont release some new info about some features that will bring the game back to its roots. Im pretty sure that im gonna give upon the franchise all together. Im not gonna pay 60$ for halo reach 2

Well I guess we'll see you later then. The fact is that Halo needs to evolve and mature as game and as a universe in order to survive. Halo has essentially been the same game for the past 10 years and it's time for it to take a new turn. The more mature, realistic, detailed, and plot oriented Halo that 343i is developing seems to be more inline with the novels which is well welcomed.

• Like 2

People want an updated halo 3 type game,

I want halo 4 to have halo 3 type graphics.. only better ofc.. not halo reachs graphics.. it felt pixely too me.

And anything that is like loadouts and **** like that.. i just want halo 4 to feel like halo 3.

And if they do add armor ablities to halo 4.. is a stupid thing they have done, because halo reach is based in the past, so it shouldn't have anything like that. and plus halo 3 is still the latest one in stort wise.

People want an updated halo 3 type game,

I want halo 4 to have halo 3 type graphics.. only better ofc.. not halo reachs graphics.. it felt pixely too me.

And anything that is like loadouts and **** like that.. i just want halo 4 to feel like halo 3.

And if they do add armor ablities to halo 4.. is a stupid thing they have done, because halo reach is based in the past, so it shouldn't have anything like that. and plus halo 3 is still the latest one in stort wise.

It looks like you're going to have to stick to Halo 3 and ODST then because Halo is evolving. It's funny how so many people on here bash COD for being the same thing over and over but the second a developer tries to bring something new into Halo everyone on here moans and cries foul. I'm glad none of you guys ate in charge of the IP because you guys would rehash Halo and run it into the ground like Guitar Hero. If you guys are true fans of the IP you'd be objective and wait to see what 343i comes out with instead of whining everyday. How can you say or insinuate that Halo 4 is moving in a "non-Halo" direction when you've never played it?

• Like 4

how is this irrelevant? Halo is Halo for a reason. and now its bringing in things to be more like other games. i dont want it to be like other games. i want it to be Halo. and i feel the 343i wants to know what people think about the new things they plan on implementing in halo 4.

It blatantly is irrelevant. I mean, we all know 343 Industries are going to do a fine job. It's not being turned into Cod, and this is a Community Forum, thus your raving rant is wasted as no-one is going to read it. This makes all of your points irrelevant.

I for one agree with you. Halo should be EXACTLY like it has always been. The only thing that should change are improvements on stuff thats already there and different story and MAYBE a couple new weapons and enemies, but thats really it. Anything else will kinda be going off track. :construction:

Well I guess we'll see you later then. The fact is that Halo needs to evolve and mature as game and as a universe in order to survive. Halo has essentially been the same game for the past 10 years and it's time for it to take a new turn. The more mature, realistic, detailed, and plot oriented Halo that 343i is developing seems to be more inline with the novels which is well welcomed.

Why the hell does everyone say that the game has to evolve, i would be perfectly happy with a game that played just like halo 3 did, with a new story and maybe a new game mode. Thats why i had no problems with halo 3 pretty much the same as halo 2 with a couple tweaks and new game mode (FORGE), nothing changed. Im a mechanic and i live by the saying if it isnt broke dont fix it, same rules apply here. It wasnt bad at all why should it be changed, and there are tons of people who would agree with me

• Like 1

It gets boring when a game doesn't evolve. Read the novels and compare it to Halo 3's gameplay. Seems bland now doesn't it?

No it gets boring for you, not me and the thousands of other people that want they game to stay what it is or was at least, and why the hell would you compare the books to the multiplayer gameplay.

You are acting like a pissy 12 year old. I wouldn't carry around an attitude like that. Not on a public, community run forum.

So you say it doesn't get boring to anyone else when a game doesn't evolve a bit? So that's why CoD can't keep a casual gamer? And there aren't as many who want stasis as you think. Those who support 343i's changes probably outnumber the stasis party.

To answer your question, The literature in the books describes action and all kind of nice tricks you can't do in Halo. Halo 4 is adding some of them. Increasing speed and action. And that isn't really a bad thing. I never disliked anything about a halo game. Not even ones that weren't released yet. I don't sit there and whine about everything because it does no good and just agitates everyone. And I love halo so much that I support any changes to be made. As long as i get a quality game. Hell, as long as I get another Halo. 343 could have said "we want to do something else" but they didn't. Be happy they decided to make another Halo.

All of the things y'all are criticizing were spoken of in the books. So the argument of "this isn't halo" has jack squat to stand on now. Halo includes the books, games and lore of the universe it encompasses. Just try to look at the good qualities of the game. No one ever does anymore, and its sickening.

And please, quit carrying on arguments in topics that don't deserve it.

This is why people like you and me will never see eye to eye on this matter. I loved the game for what it was and by taking those things out of the game that i love and replacing them it turns it into something completely different.. which makes sucks considering halo 2 and 3 are some of my favorite games of all time.

I know ill probably dislike the game because i had the same thoughts towards reach before it came out and i couldnt stand that game

Well, if you want halo 3 and 3, play THEM. That era is over and Halo has to advance according to 343. I love all Halos. You love the "classic" Halos. I will probably enjoy Halo 4. You might not. I can pretty much play anything you set in front of me. If it's halo, you can rest assured I'll love it. Halo 3 still has many online players and you'll have no problem having your classic fun there. God knows I still return to pwn a few leftover noobs. :yay:

See, you loved the game for what it was. I always did and still love it for what it always has been. That is our difference. I just can't hate a game unless it blows up my xbox. I'm a rare breed. Not the best breed of gamer by any means. Just a rare one.

Why the hell does everyone say that the game has to evolve, i would be perfectly happy with a game that played just like halo 3 did, with a new story and maybe a new game mode. Thats why i had no problems with halo 3 pretty much the same as halo 2 with a couple tweaks and new game mode (FORGE), nothing changed. Im a mechanic and i live by the saying if it isnt broke dont fix it, same rules apply here. It wasnt bad at all why should it be changed, and there are tons of people who would agree with me

^ This ^