Anyone else think it should be named Halo: Requiem?

Mr. Bashful Brute

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should Halo 4 be titled Halo: Requiem?

• Yes.
    • No.

Requiem doesn't really fit though. Yeah it sounds cool but the meaning of the word wouldn't really go with the game. Halo 4 sounds cool and fits.

How do we know? Maybe it fits perfectly. We don't know much about the campaign, just that it takes place largely on the Forerunner planet, Requiem. Even if the meaning of the word doesnt fit the game (which it could), it still takes place on Requiem. Just like Reach. We werent really reaching for anything, haha.

How do we know? Maybe it fits perfectly. We don't know much about the campaign, just that it takes place largely on the Forerunner planet, Requiem. Even if the meaning of the word doesnt fit the game (which it could), it still takes place on Requiem. Just like Reach. We werent really reaching for anything, haha.

What? Reach was the planets name. haha I know Requiem is the planets name in Halo 4 but I just don't think Halo: Requiem sounds good compared to Halo 4. Halo 4 just sounds amazing.

What? Reach was the planets name. haha I know Requiem is the planets name in Halo 4 but I just don't think Halo: Requiem sounds good compared to Halo 4. Halo 4 just sounds amazing.

Oh well. Just my opinion. Halo 4 just seems too bland after Halo 2 and Halo 3. If they keep Halo 4, I just hope they make Halo 5 or 6 something different.

Or what about Halo 4: Requiem?

Oh well. Just my opinion. Halo 4 just seems too bland after Halo 2 and Halo 3. If they keep Halo 4, I just hope they make Halo 5 or 6 something different.

Or what about Halo 4: Requiem?

Not going to lie Halo 4: Requiem sounds good. haha

• Like 1

Aint gonna say whats a better name or not...just gonna say, in terms of marketing ,its kinda essential that it be Halo 4. Its the fourth Halo in the proper series. Bungie specifically did not make Reach "Halo 4". They did not envision it as the game changing direct successor to Halo 3. Halo 4 is that successor. Also, 343 wants to evoke feelings of association with the Main trilogy and the Mr.Chief. A customer who's buying Halo 4 immediately knows "Hey, this is the fourth Halo game!". A customer buying "Halo: Requim" might be discouraged by the fact that he has to ask himself who/what is Requim?

With Reach the problem is unavoidable beacuse you cannot apply a title like Halo -1 to a prequel, so they are forced to name it something like Halo Reach.

• Like 1

Absolutely not! Like Darkest said, a Halo game with the Chief should be strictly Halo. No other name. Save the names for offshoot games. Halo: Reach? No Chief. Halo 3: ODST? No Chief. Besides, anybody who knows anything about Halo lore should have known what Reach was before buying the game. It was already part of the Haloverse. Requiem, on the other hand.. does it bring a "Halo" feel to it?