Halo 4 ranking system: How it will work.

Baby Boo

Hello. I have just found out how the entire ranking system will work. This is what has supposedly been confirmed:

All right. First off, as you may know, they will be mixing the halo 3 and halo reach ranking system. Here's how it will work. Just like in halo 3, there will be an EXP system that you earn after every win, which ranks you up. However, they have brought in a system similar to halo reach credits: Spartan points. (placeholder name). How these fit in, is that upon every rank up, you will be awarded a set amount of Spartan points. These points, will be redeemable for armor, equipment, and other things for your custom loadout.

It is now confirmed, thanks to Deadlysniper19, who found the video containing content from the recent MLG group that got to play. This video confirmed that there will not in fact be a 1-50 ranking system, as some will find disappointing, but a halo reach system, simply modified with EXP as opposed to credits. Not only that, but the same video confirmed that they will in fact be using a slightly modified version of the halo reach engine. There for, almost similar styled matchmaking, other than the loose tie up to the campaign.

Anyway, this is what is confirmed at the moment. I hope I cleared up some questions, and I hope you all agree with their system! :)

-Bullet

• Like 1

Well, it appears I won't be buying Halo 4, or any future Halo games for that matter. Oh well. Its been fun 1-3.. r.i.p Halo

While you're free to your opinion, I personally think it's downright silly to dismiss the game just because it doesn't have a certain ranking system. I don't care what kind of system they use, I care more about the campaign's story, music, and atmopshere, as well as the gameplay more so than a ranking system. It doesn't really bother me that much that they're not using a 1 - 50 system, because I honestly couldn't care less about something like that. I just want to enjoy the gameplay and have fun playing against others. That's all that matters to me when it comes to matchmaking.

Don't you think you should at least give the game a fair and honest chance before writing it off like that? Sure they're not going with a ranking system you like, but is the ranking system really more important to you than the campaign and actual multiplayer/gameplay?

• Like 3

While you're free to your opinion, I personally think it's downright silly to dismiss the game just because it doesn't have a certain ranking system. I don't care what kind of system they use, I care more about the campaign's story, music, and atmopshere, as well as the gameplay more so than a ranking system. It doesn't really bother me that much that they're not using a 1 - 50 system, because I honestly couldn't care less about something like that. I just want to enjoy the gameplay and have fun playing against others. That's all that matters to me when it comes to matchmaking.

Don't you think you should at least give the game a fair and honest chance before writing it off like that? Sure they're not going with a ranking system you like, but is the ranking system really more important to you than the campaign and actual multiplayer/gameplay?

You are referring to this game as if it is the ONLY thing in your life...

You would be a good person for an "Invisible Children" ad

You are referring to this game as if it is the ONLY thing in your life...

You would be a good person for an "Invisible Children" ad

What about her post made you think that halo was all that mattered in her life? All Mystic said was that she really didn't care much about the ranking system.

I think people play games for different reasons, I personally don't really care too much about the campaign or music, I play Halo for the competitive multi player, so the lose of a ranking system that promotes competition is a big deal (atleast to me).

Well, it appears I won't be buying Halo 4, or any future Halo games for that matter. Oh well. Its been fun 1-3.. r.i.p Halo

I'm absolutely fed up with people who say "im not buying the game", because it doesn't have a certain ranking system, your just going to not buy the game, just as stupid as people not buying halo 4 because there's no elites in multiplayer. Seriously? Well that's your loss.

Yeah pretty much this. 343 acts like it's hard to please the competitive community, when all we really want is a classic playlist and matchmaking system which actually reflects player skill. Too much to ask of them I guess, but yeah will not be getting it. Also I know classic playlist is confirmed, but there's no motivation to try in it if at the end of the match I'm rewarded with level ups regardless of whether I won or lost. I'm not trying to make people who are excited for halo 4 uninterested though; if you're a casual player and just like playing for fun, I'm sure you'll have a blast with halo 4. The competitive community is getting ignored however, as in, the people who play for the rush of competing over levels, intense matches, and trying hard. We can no longer get our competitive fix with halo anymore and it's sad.

• Like 1

This "leaked" information... all we are doing is speculating on it. Do you gain EXP for just wins, or do you gain it after every game? If it's for just wins, then I can see it working off of a 1-50 system in the background, but even if it doesn't, if you're playing somebody that's a higher rank, you know they got there by winning a lot of games.

Without 343 actually saying what they are doing with the ranking, I'd say everybody should hold off on judgements because we currently don't have enough hard evidence to support the fact that there is no 1-50 system. I didn't see this confirmation that there is no 1-50 system in said video, so I don't know where this information came from.

• Like 2

I put it straight in the text, so I'm not so sure why you competitives are complaining. Yes, you will only earn EXP with every WIN. Next time, read carefully. I hope I cleared this up :)

You are confusing complaining with discussing. There is also no hard evidence saying that EXP and credits are the only benefits of winning. Also, I was the one who told you about the EXP system. Why you are acting like the bringer of good news is illogical.

I put it straight in the text, so I'm not so sure why you competitives are complaining. Yes, you will only earn EXP with every WIN. Next time, read carefully. I hope I cleared this up :)

Like Shiv said, only discussing. Also, putting it in the text is one thing, but there is no confirmation about the inclusion of a 1-50 system or not. Not from the video in the thread by by DeadlySniper19, at least. If you have a confirmation from somewhere else, I'd love to see it. Again, not arguing, only pointing out that just because you said it in the OP doesn't make it fact, especially since the video does not say "there is no 1-50 ranking system" and it's all speculation on Halo4Followers part.

They do check these forums from time to time, judging from what I have heard... However, in the meantime, I will take a closer look. Because consider this... Have you ever counted the halo reach ranks? How many there are? Well I'll save you the trouble... There are 50... So that 49 we saw at the bottom of the screen? Could very well mean in a way, there will be a 1-50 system. 49=reclaimer, and so on. Hmm.... I just thought of that aspect.

I hope they mix Reach's with Halo 3's :D. That would be epic lol.

We have an assumption that they have combined the reach and halo 3 system, other than the fact that they have put in EXP and Spartan points. We think that along with your rank, there is also s number. We are not positive though.