Halo 4 Forge Ideas

MetalKorNarwhal

Hello everyone. As an avid forger since forge was introduced, I would like to see a lot of interesting changes to the forge system.

Here are some of my block ideas:

-Round blocks

-Small Blocks

-Extremely Small Blocks

-Pole-Type Blocks

-Designable Blocks

-This is a far fetched, but it would be interesting to see a kind of block that can be altered like the radius of a hill marker or a respawn zone

-More Interesting Rocks

-More... Appealing Rocks

-Pre-Destroyed Vehicles

-More Windows

-More Gigantic Blocks

-Variety of different shaped blocks

-Bring weapon holders back!

-Bring Containers (Foundry) back!

-Civilian vehicles should be allowed to be placed and driven, such as a truck or forklift

-More miscellaneous items

-Openable crates

-Drop pods

-Buttons

-Tunnel items, such as the tunnels from Sandbox in Halo 3

-Dead bodies

-Dead Covenant

-Blood splatters

-Cracked/broken items

-Breakable items (Pallets!)

-Wooden Items

-Weapon mounts

-Weapon lockers (This was an idea used by many on Foundry in Halo 3)

-More options to decorate

Here are some of my forge system improvement ideas:

-My main offender is the forge glitches involving not having host in a forge game, and entering "Edit Coordinates" and having the block reset.

-If you have never forged with another person before, having or not having the host connection can make a big difference. If you have the host connection, everything will look normal. If you don't have the host connection, the blocks will look out of place and whenever you grab a block, it will move.

-Another "glitch" (at least I hope it's a glitch) is that after angling a block and entering the "Edit Coordinate" mode, it will angle the block to a different angle. For example, if your rotation snap is on 90 degrees and you angle it to 180 degrees horizontal, Edit Coordinates will reset the block to 90 degrees, and each time you try to rotate the block back to 180 degrees, it will skip that angle. In simpler terms, when rotating the block, to will go from 90 to 270 degrees. The only known way to fix this is to either switch your rotation snap for a moment or delete the block. This can be frustrating when placing a block for a long time to get it precise.

-Getting back to actual ideas, I've always enjoyed the idea of changing the terrain or weather. Making one area have snow on the ground, but the other side of the cave be bright an sunny.

-Multiple built in maps with forge features

-(I am just using these blocks as examples) The number of 1x1 blocks will not effect the number of 2x2 blocks. I understand the currency issue, but the number of each block shouldn't be equal to each other block.

-Adjustable landscape

-Adjustable grav-lift height/distance

-Change the color of warthogs

-Change the amount of daylight (ie- make it nighttime)

-Everything should be able to be set to "Fixed"

-Adjust the amount of bullets in the clip in a weapon on the ground. (This could be especially handy when making infection maps. You could create an overrun area with a BR on the ground with 2 bursts left)

-Objects can have the option to have shadows

-Preview mode for initial spawn cameras

-Movable water (ie- place a lake anywhere)

-When changing the color of a block, the basic color should change, instead of nearly unnoticable details

-When there is no respawn points on the map and the forger dies, he should respawn at the built in respawn point CLOSEST to the largest forged structure. On forge world, it was the biggest annoyance to die and respawn at blood gulch when forging in the hangar.

-Decorative items don't cost as much (wtf)

-Change killball barriers. If you haven't noticed, you can walk through the edge of the killball, and the only lethal area is basically the center

-Edit player options (speed/gravity) while in game. This idea can be great to test infection maps. Can the survivors make this jump that is intended for infected only? Can the infected even make this jump?

-Weapons set to fixed should not float after the player using the weapon is killed.

-Forge firefight maps!

Here are a few changes I suggest for Custom Games:

-In infection, a zombie that picks up a custom powerup that is suppose to give a shield SHOULD give you a full shield. Currently, it will give you an empty shield.

-Race and rally should work on the same map.

-Bring the "Instant Kill" option back to the "Player Damage" area of "Base Player Traits"

-Initial armor abilities can be set to random. This could make games of Fiesta/Grab Bag very intense

-Bring back VIP! That game mode was really interesting, and could have inspired a lot of incredible maps and gametypes.

-Adjust the damage done by vehicles, and also adjust the vehicles integrity

-Add a funny "Golf Club" type weapon to fill the place of the Energy Sword. A baseball bat would be interesting to see.

-Please please PLEASE make it so ONLY the party leader can delay the countdown to start the game.

-This made me angry a few times. Sometimes, your map that you spent two weeks perfecting will randomly vanish. The name will still be listed in your map list, but when selected, it will bring you to a different map. PLEASE work hard to fix this problem.

I hope some of these ideas interested a few people. I know some of these ideas are far fetched, but they could improve forge. I dunno, what does the community think?

-

• Like 2

Hello everyone. As an avid forger since forge was introduced, I would like to see a lot of interesting changes to the forge system.

Here are some of my block ideas:

-Round blocks

-Small Blocks

-Extremely Small Blocks

-Pole-Type Blocks

-Designable Blocks

-This is a far fetched, but it would be interesting to see a kind of block that can be altered like the radius of a hill marker or a respawn zone

-More Interesting Rocks

-More... Appealing Rocks

-Pre-Destroyed Vehicles

-More Windows

-More Gigantic Blocks

-Variety of different shaped blocks

-Bring weapon holders back!

-Bring Containers (Foundry) back!

-Civilian vehicles should be allowed to be placed and driven, such as a truck or forklift

-More miscellaneous items

-Openable crates

-Drop pods

-Buttons

-Tunnel items, such as the tunnels from Sandbox in Halo 3

-Dead bodies

-Dead Covenant

-Blood splatters

-Cracked/broken items

-Breakable items (Pallets!)

-Wooden Items

-Weapon mounts

-Weapon lockers (This was an idea used by many on Foundry in Halo 3)

-More options to decorate

Here are some of my forge system improvement ideas:

-My main offender is the forge glitches involving not having host in a forge game, and entering "Edit Coordinates" and having the block reset.

-If you have never forged with another person before, having or not having the host connection can make a big difference. If you have the host connection, everything will look normal. If you don't have the host connection, the blocks will look out of place and whenever you grab a block, it will move.

-Another "glitch" (at least I hope it's a glitch) is that after angling a block and entering the "Edit Coordinate" mode, it will angle the block to a different angle. For example, if your rotation snap is on 90 degrees and you angle it to 180 degrees horizontal, Edit Coordinates will reset the block to 90 degrees, and each time you try to rotate the block back to 180 degrees, it will skip that angle. In simpler terms, when rotating the block, to will go from 90 to 270 degrees. The only known way to fix this is to either switch your rotation snap for a moment or delete the block. This can be frustrating when placing a block for a long time to get it precise.

-Getting back to actual ideas, I've always enjoyed the idea of changing the terrain or weather. Making one area have snow on the ground, but the other side of the cave be bright an sunny.

-Multiple built in maps with forge features

-(I am just using these blocks as examples) The number of 1x1 blocks will not effect the number of 2x2 blocks. I understand the currency issue, but the number of each block shouldn't be equal to each other block.

-Adjustable landscape

-Adjustable grav-lift height/distance

-Change the color of warthogs

-Change the amount of daylight (ie- make it nighttime)

-Everything should be able to be set to "Fixed"

-Adjust the amount of bullets in the clip in a weapon on the ground. (This could be especially handy when making infection maps. You could create an overrun area with a BR on the ground with 2 bursts left)

-Objects can have the option to have shadows

-Preview mode for initial spawn cameras

-Movable water (ie- place a lake anywhere)

-When changing the color of a block, the basic color should change, instead of nearly unnoticable details

-When there is no respawn points on the map and the forger dies, he should respawn at the built in respawn point CLOSEST to the largest forged structure. On forge world, it was the biggest annoyance to die and respawn at blood gulch when forging in the hangar.

-Decorative items don't cost as much (wtf)

-Change killball barriers. If you haven't noticed, you can walk through the edge of the killball, and the only lethal area is basically the center

-Edit player options (speed/gravity) while in game. This idea can be great to test infection maps. Can the survivors make this jump that is intended for infected only? Can the infected even make this jump?

-Weapons set to fixed should not float after the player using the weapon is killed.

-Forge firefight maps!

Here are a few changes I suggest for Custom Games:

-In infection, a zombie that picks up a custom powerup that is suppose to give a shield SHOULD give you a full shield. Currently, it will give you an empty shield.

-Race and rally should work on the same map.

-Bring the "Instant Kill" option back to the "Player Damage" area of "Base Player Traits"

-Initial armor abilities can be set to random. This could make games of Fiesta/Grab Bag very intense

-Bring back VIP! That game mode was really interesting, and could have inspired a lot of incredible maps and gametypes.

-Adjust the damage done by vehicles, and also adjust the vehicles integrity

-Add a funny "Golf Club" type weapon to fill the place of the Energy Sword. A baseball bat would be interesting to see.

-Please please PLEASE make it so ONLY the party leader can delay the countdown to start the game.

-This made me angry a few times. Sometimes, your map that you spent two weeks perfecting will randomly vanish. The name will still be listed in your map list, but when selected, it will bring you to a different map. PLEASE work hard to fix this problem.

I hope some of these ideas interested a few people. I know some of these ideas are far fetched, but they could improve forge. I dunno, what does the community think?

-

I like it

I want to not have limitations on what block type I get to use. Because if I need 200 building blocks for a racing map and the building blocks section only let's me have 100. Then I am unable to continue even though I still have budget to spend.

Awesome Ideas! I don't know why, and even though reach forge is awesome and all, I think for me forge was at it's peak when sandbox came out.

Your crazy. If sandbox>forge world. Then we shouldn't expect any of this in halo 4

Your crazy. If sandbox>forge world. Then we shouldn't expect any of this in halo 4

I didn't say it was greater than forge world, just personally I liked it the most. I think it is a bit overwhelming to really use the power that forge world gives you.

Don't worry though I don't think we should revert to halo 3 forge!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

One idea that I came up with that would really improve the variety of maps would be for blocks and such to have their in-game textures changed. Instead of having a bunch of forerunner-styled blocks, you can change the appearance of the blocks so that it looks human-made, covenant-made, forerunner-made, or even out of various materials like rock, grass, dirt, or snow. It's a simple addition for the game designers which would dramatically increase the variety of forge maps. What do you guys think?

• Like 1