Game Informer Leak (Your Opinion + My Opinion) POLL!

DoctorB77

49 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is good.

• Assault Carbine
    • Random Weapon Spawns
    • Drop Pod Weapon Spawns
    • Respawn in 0 seconds (double X)
    • Joining during game
    • Distraction Medal
    • Regicide
    • Covenant Carbine
    • Sprint is default
    • Forerunner Vision
    • Covenant Attack in the beginning of the Campaign
    • Multiplayer Ties with Campaign
    • Spartan Ops
    • Player Upgrades
    • Purchasing of Loadouts
    • Earning Weapons
    • Earning Armor Abilities
    • Earning Modifications
    • Check this if you think this leak is good overall
    • CHECK THIS CHOICE!
  2. 2. What do you not think is good

• Assault Carbine
    • Random Weapon Spawns
    • Drop Pod Weapon Spawns
    • Respawn in 0 seconds (Double X)
    • Joining during game
    • Distraction Medal
    • Regicide
    • Covenant Carbine
    • Sprint is Default
    • Forerunner Vision
    • Covenant Attack in the beginning of the Campaign
    • Mulitplayer ties with Campaign
    • Spartan Ops
    • Player Upgrades
    • Purchasing of Loadouts
    • Earning Weapons
    • Earning Armor Abilities
    • Earning Modifications
    • Check this if you think this leak is bad overall
    • CHECK THIS CHOICE!
  3. 3. Do you think these things are "Halo"

• Yes
    • No
    • Kinda

Ya viva.

I can disagree with the changes. I'm not saying that I will not enjoy the game. I'm getting halo 4 no matter what. I am getting tired of people saying why they will not buy it. I am getting it because I am a halo fan.

• Like 1

As long as they successfully achieve having all maps actually work well in a competitve sense and make halo faster paced than it has been lately while still even having a sliver of the gameplay feeling like "halo", then I'll be happy.

Yes a lot of the news is disturbing, some sounding borerline not good, but we haven't played it nor even seen considerable footage to make a well informed opinion ourselves. Just stay open minded about everything the best you can until you can play the game yourself (if you're skeptical then RENT it first, not that difficult to do, right?).

Why dont we just got back to the Halo 2 & 3 formula that made the consistant online players wanna play. I hate COD because its so damn easy, no skill involved what so ever. Im very skeptical of Halo 4 and have a good feeling 343i is going to make something that a ton of people will like (COD) but is just a kids game with no challenging aspects.

Exactly.

The random weapon respawns just makes the game noob friendly which i strongly disagree with. Obviously MLG will not have random respawning weapons (I hope) so this wont be a universal thing. Also how can a weapon randomly respawn on a larger map? Theres a high likelihood that noone will find it.

The random weapon respawns just makes the game noob friendly which i strongly disagree with. Obviously MLG will not have random respawning weapons (I hope) so this wont be a universal thing. Also how can a weapon randomly respawn on a larger map? Theres a high likelihood that noone will find it.

They most likely have made something like "respawn zones" that weapons can be randomly dropped into so people at least have a general idea of where to find them. As long as it won't spawn power weapons/regular weapons anywhere on the map (like inside an opponents base) then I think I'll be able to cope with it.

I'm hoping that this detail of the game is being misinterpreted greatly and that random weapon spawns will have its own playlist or gametype, similar to fiesta gametypes back in the day.

They most likely have made something like "respawn zones" that weapons can be randomly dropped into so people at least have a general idea of where to find them. As long as it won't spawn power weapons/regular weapons anywhere on the map (like inside an opponents base) then I think I'll be able to cope with it.

I'm hoping that this detail of the game is being misinterpreted greatly and that random weapon spawns will have its own playlist or gametype, similar to fiesta gametypes back in the day.

Hope so.

I feel as if 343i is turning this more in to a CoD game, Many of the things they put in i don't like but many others are ok and I have no

problem with it. The Forerunner vision is not their best idead. Also i think there shouldn't be the BR and DMR in the same game, only

one of them. This game will feel even more Cod because of the scoring where it's like 1 kill 10 points, I mean it's pretty much the

same scoring as CoD. With the option to join a game if it's already in progress is ok I guess but I wouldn't mind if it wasn't there. The

weapons spawining in different places every time is a really good idead so you can't weapon camp which is personally one of my favorites.

Edited by Anarchy

I was talking with a few friends about this topic last night, and I do dislike pretty much all of what was presented about MP if it is going to be applicable to all MP playlists, I think it is a blatant attempt to take away the things that made good players good and give them to everyone to even the playing field. If it goes game-wide it will ruin Halo as we know it IMO. But there was a possibility I not only liked but I would greatly like to see that includes all of the things that GI released. So, we first start out with a Halo 3 setup with both ranked and social playlists. The social playlists are the home of the casual gamer, and in the social playlists you do not want to see lopsided games where 5 50's go to face a group of 5 randomly selected players under the rank of 27, that is just a lopsided POS game that one team will end up quitting since there is not much chance of victory. To fix that, the social playlists will have everything the GI article spoke of to even the playing field and make every game competitive, regardless of who is in it. This will make for a good natured, competitive social playlist that everyone stands a chance to win in, regardless of which team has what players. Then there is ranked, in ranked it will resemble Halo 3 and Halo 2. There will be none of the AA's and other assists that are given in social, it will be a bare bones start, with predictable weapon spawns, set spawn times, no AA's, no loadouts, just every player starting with the same weapon(s) as everyone else with map control points and powerups at certain spots across the map. There will also be a 1-50 ranking system as well, basically, return the Halo 2/ Halo 3 gameplay and mechanics to a new environment, better maps, new weapons, and better graphics. If they do this, I think Halo 4 will capture both the competitive and casual markets and make both very happy. Anyone else like that idea?

When was this information released/leaked?

Couple of days ago.

The only thing that worries me is the "X-ray" ability, it kind of ruins the tactical aspect where players need to determine the enemies position by listening to the environment.

My Opinion all summed up of 3 days reading..Again this is all my opinion :)

Spartan Points: Seems like nothing new. A currency used to buy better stuff am i right? Credits did the same thing except these points may or may not enable us to buy OP armor abilities if those purchase armor abilities rumor is true. Idc to much for spartan points. I always love in game currency.

Spartan Ops: I actually smiled reading this i love it so much :) I personally love firefight..but i hate that there is no objective in it at all..why are we being attacked..or why so many covenant are coming after me?..All we hear is a the dudes voice telling us to "hold out" or "stay alive.." This game mode brings the spartans to an objective and they said it would change monthly. Basically like 20 missions..and every few months those 20 missions would change? Maybe they will bring back some key points we missed out. Battles in the book "First Strike" maybe some battles from the "fall of reach" who knows. But i love knowing what i am doing while i assassinate all the covies <3

Sprint: I welcome you with open arms..welcome to the new generation of gaming where we run our asses off when we are getting shot at..I personally love sprint it helps out in many situations. Situations like seeing a team spawn in front of you and you need to make a quick break out..Or a power weapon is dropped from the "Drop pods" and we need to haul our a**** before the other team secures it. I love sprint <3 it will always be handy no matter how much you despise it..we all like it in that moment where your moving fast and need to get out of there..

New and Old Armor Abilities: I don't have any good nor bad feelings toward these abilities..I used them all according to the way my gameplay felt. Sprint for evasive and pushing gameplay i love it. Invisibility i love because when you need that ninja feel you go camo and provide cover fire for teammates that are needing help yet you dont want your cover blown fully. Forerunner vision I'm iffy about. I love the new idea but it sort of gives a camper more marshmellows to make and make a bigger campfire..I mean i camp with snipe i won't lie but if i can see through walls..you wont catch me if you get to close with thatt vision. Seems like a campers choice of ability..still iffy. Jet pack is still an unbalanced power..The maps playstyle is ruined by a jetpacker simply because he ruins players being even on all fronts..if one person is jetpacking the game is weird all around. So as much as it pleases to most.. I respectfully decline it. But 343i its your game i will smile either way.

Instant Spawn: Good and Bad..Ever have that intense one shot duel? where both of you try to clean each other up..well welcome to a day and age where when you kill that person and one shot them..they can spawn hella fast and run to you..hopefully without forerunner vision and clean you up..not fair but hey 343i has a plan for this. so i smile again.

In game joining: A thumbs up thats all. Not really useful..i wont bother to invite someone in the middle of mayhem. So maybe clan vs clans will end up using it most. Other than that its a useful tool for those who actually will use it.

As for "Punk" I do believe elites will be in multiplayer..I don't see it confirmed yet. But i do remember leaving halo 3 with humans and elites at peace. So i'm sure they will be in the multiplayer "training exercises"..To many elite players will cry :( so lets atleast give them hope that they can see them there.

All my opinions again. I will add more this week since i know with the recent leaks they will give us gameplay and break downs..like they did with reach.

Honestly, I'll take the good with the bad. Multiplayer isn't the reason I play Halo, I play it for the story. If it has a great story, then idc about multiplayer, imo it's a great game. :)

Reach's campaign was a huge disappointment for me. If 343 can deliver a campaign which is as good as any of the other Halo campaigns (excluding HWars) and Reach quality multiplayer or better, it will be a good game. I won't call it successful unless both the Campaign and the Multiplayer are original trilogy (or ODST) quality.

My Opinion all summed up of 3 days reading..Again this is all my opinion :)

Spartan Points: Seems like nothing new. A currency used to buy better stuff am i right? Credits did the same thing except these points may or may not enable us to buy OP armor abilities if those purchase armor abilities rumor is true. Idc to much for spartan points. I always love in game currency.

Spartan Ops: I actually smiled reading this i love it so much :) I personally love firefight..but i hate that there is no objective in it at all..why are we being attacked..or why so many covenant are coming after me?..All we hear is a the dudes voice telling us to "hold out" or "stay alive.." This game mode brings the spartans to an objective and they said it would change monthly. Basically like 20 missions..and every few months those 20 missions would change? Maybe they will bring back some key points we missed out. Battles in the book "First Strike" maybe some battles from the "fall of reach" who knows. But i love knowing what i am doing while i assassinate all the covies <3

Sprint: I welcome you with open arms..welcome to the new generation of gaming where we run our asses off when we are getting shot at..I personally love sprint it helps out in many situations. Situations like seeing a team spawn in front of you and you need to make a quick break out..Or a power weapon is dropped from the "Drop pods" and we need to haul our a**** before the other team secures it. I love sprint <3 it will always be handy no matter how much you despise it..we all like it in that moment where your moving fast and need to get out of there..

New and Old Armor Abilities: I don't have any good nor bad feelings toward these abilities..I used them all according to the way my gameplay felt. Sprint for evasive and pushing gameplay i love it. Invisibility i love because when you need that ninja feel you go camo and provide cover fire for teammates that are needing help yet you dont want your cover blown fully. Forerunner vision I'm iffy about. I love the new idea but it sort of gives a camper more marshmellows to make and make a bigger campfire..I mean i camp with snipe i won't lie but if i can see through walls..you wont catch me if you get to close with thatt vision. Seems like a campers choice of ability..still iffy. Jet pack is still an unbalanced power..The maps playstyle is ruined by a jetpacker simply because he ruins players being even on all fronts..if one person is jetpacking the game is weird all around. So as much as it pleases to most.. I respectfully decline it. But 343i its your game i will smile either way.

Instant Spawn: Good and Bad..Ever have that intense one shot duel? where both of you try to clean each other up..well welcome to a day and age where when you kill that person and one shot them..they can spawn hella fast and run to you..hopefully without forerunner vision and clean you up..not fair but hey 343i has a plan for this. so i smile again.

In game joining: A thumbs up thats all. Not really useful..i wont bother to invite someone in the middle of mayhem. So maybe clan vs clans will end up using it most. Other than that its a useful tool for those who actually will use it.

As for "Punk" I do believe elites will be in multiplayer..I don't see it confirmed yet. But i do remember leaving halo 3 with humans and elites at peace. So i'm sure they will be in the multiplayer "training exercises"..To many elite players will cry :( so lets atleast give them hope that they can see them there.

All my opinions again. I will add more this week since i know with the recent leaks they will give us gameplay and break downs..like they did with reach.

Nice quality post. I really appreciate your opinion. I am kind of confused how you talk about firefight in Spartan Ops. But it seems like that could be a good replacement. I didn't think hard about how that could work out.

The only thing they did right was bring back the carbine, not the assault carbine. JUST THE GOD DAMN REGULAR ONE. WAY TO KILL HALO 343!

Well if you read the first post I believe its forerunner tech.

They have to have some weapons. So this could be one of them.

Quick thought. Spartan points are not used to buy armor. U earn Spartan points by winning and stuff. You get credits for the reasons like in reach. Also you could get sp buy completing missions in the campaign and participating in Spartan ops

What kind of weapon should the assault carbine be? burst, auto, semi? We already have one of each.

Personally, I think that It will be like the covenant carbine. Except forerunner.

However I doubt 343 will make two of the same powered weapon. So I expect one to be more accurate and less powerful and the other be less accurate but more powerful.

What do you guys think about the strengths of these carbines?