Chief's New Armor

Spartan5511

Okay, I know everyone is asking a lot of questions 'bout the MC's new kit. 343 said that some of the changes were just visibly improved due to graphics and the "newer better" look that Halo always does. However, they did say that there would be a concrete reason for the change, and I think I may have found it. This is an excerpt from Halo: Glasslands, after Naomi has finished putting on her Mjolnir armor:

*Note: this is an exact copy from the book, I have it right next to me*

Chapter 9: approximate pg. 213:

"Hey, you know that suit maintains and upgrades itself when she's in cryo? It's all nanotech."

If this is correct, then some of the drastic changes in the Chief's suit could be from it upgrading itself, after all, he has been in cryo for quite some time.

Just a theory, post your opinions.

Good Idea However...

No, it can't be. There's no one to actually upgrade it, no one there that is authorized to create blue-prints.

But, Cortana could have made the upgrades!

I heavily doubt Cortana has the ability to do this, maybe chief got out of cyro for a roam around to find more stuff after a year?

There's a chance that experimental BPOs exsisted on Dawn, Cortana could have found those.

Good Idea However...

No, it can't be. There's no one to actually upgrade it, no one there that is authorized to create blue-prints.

I heavily doubt Cortana has the ability to do this, maybe chief got out of cyro for a roam around to find more stuff after a year?

There's a chance that experimental BPOs exsisted on Dawn, Cortana could have found those.

What you're saying makes sense, but from what I'm getting from Glasslands, my guess is the suit adapts and/or upgrades itself with known ordnance, such as the jetpack. Also, by the way she said it in the book, it doesn't seem like it needs blueprints, it just does what it wants. It's a self maintaining suit.

Good Idea However...

Well, I may have a idea, maybe the forward unto dawn was still receiving signals but not sending them and then the forward unto dawn uploaded them into a occupied cryotube

how exactly is chief ment to get new armour?

like i know it's nano tech but can't it be spartan 4 armour?

It's not Spartan IV armor, it's still the same Mjiolnir from Halo 3, but the nano-tech in the suit changes the design and features in a self-upgrade process, at least that's what the theory in this thread is.

Also try not to double post

I don't like the idea that chief is a spartan 2 but the multiplayer ones are spartan 4s it will make chief out of date. Mabye chief was injected in cryo to be a spartan 4. afterall the armour looke similar

The Chief is and always will be one of a kind. The Spartan 3s were no where near being as advanced as the 2s, the 3s were cheaper and basically cannon fodder. My theory is, since the 4s are all adults (they weren't abducted as kids) then they're not as advanced as the chief either, who has been fighting his whole life.

Wouldn't it be sick if Chief started with his original Halo 3 armor at the start, and later through the video got his armor upgrade somewhere?

That would be cool, and who will know until the game hits stores. But they way it looks is that the armor upgrades in cryo, and the Chief has been in cryo for several years.