Base this game more off of halo 3 or reach

daddyxx23

base this game more off halo reach or halo 3  

15 members have voted

1. 1. base this game more off halo reach or halo 3

• Halo 3
    • halo reach

My opinion- halo 3 kept over 300k for almost two years . halo reach couldn't keep over 100k for 2 months . reasoning a lack of skill related game play to rank up , too much crap going on EI.. armor abilities and jus crap, be really bad and play the game alot you will be the same rank as the greatest player on earth. you need something to set your goals to you need something to strive for. you need every game to matter , every game must take concentration teamwork skill and dedication. the road to 50 in halo 3 kept you playing every day and when you were a 50 you wanted to be one in another playlist. you wanted to have a nice general sign while your buddy has a brigadier with 2 noob bars underneath. you kept playing to get better to get to 50.

Halo 3

also Halo 3 had little in the way on MP competition at the time, Reach is in the top 5 most played games week on week since release, and currently has a bigger population than Halo 3 and has had since Reach came out so clearly the Halo players don't prefer Halo 3.

there is no way you can say reach could compare to halo 3

Reach measures its players by how many are on at that exact time.

Reach usually has 30-60k at Any time,so it could easily have as much or more then 3.

yes and halo 3 measured up to 300k for almost two years and was number 2 most played mp for 3 years . the only reason reach is top 5 is because no good mps have been released and cod mw3 is not even close to as popular to cod 4 . if halo 3 and halo reach were released at the same time halo reach couldnt have kept 20k population for more thsn 1 month

But Halo 3's player count was based off of a 24 hour period, not at that specific moment like Reach's count is. In 24 hours, there were over 300k players on Halo 3.

As for Reach, when I sign on, there are consistnatly over 100k on.

Edit: Oh, and I choose neither of the two options. Their needs to bee a good balance between what they did well in Reach and what they did well in Halo 3. Not just based off of one or the other.

I think more like halo 4... I don't think they should look at either of them and say "lets see what they did here and improve apon it" they should just make the best halo that possible can... With dedicated servers, increased player count, and the silenced smg from halo ODST.

I choose Reach (Super Slayer settings), I hated the bleedthrough from Halo 3, made the game feel too much like a run and melee game. The Super Slayer settings are what I think are most near to Halo 2. And I would prefer a game that resembles Halo 2.

I choose Reach (Super Slayer settings), I hated the bleedthrough from Halo 3, made the game feel too much like a run and melee game. The Super Slayer settings are what I think are most near to Halo 2. And I would prefer a game that resembles Halo 2.

Isn't bleedthrough when something is able to damage your health when you don't have enough shields to absorb it? I was unaware that someone actually doesn't prefer that.

As for on topic, I'd say take the best things of each halo, refine them more, and add new stuff.

I think more like halo 4... I don't think they should look at either of them and say "lets see what they did here and improve apon it" they should just make the best halo that possible can... With dedicated servers, increased player count, and the silenced smg from halo ODST.

I wish 343i wouldn't base their game on neither. Make Halo 4 an unique and individual game. If I want something like Halo 3, I'll just play Halo 3.

^ This. Halo 4 should be it's own game. If I want to play Halo 3 I'll play Halo 3. If I want to play Halo Reach, I'll play Halo Reach. If I play Halo 4, Then I want it to feel like Halo 4.

• Like 1

In terms of what features they keep versus what they throw out, they should definitely look more to 3. But Reach did do some things right, such as the voting for maps r the playlist variety. I don't think its as simple as "make it like Reach or 3". Reach simply happened to have more bad changes than good, but 343 should take the good stuff from both Reach and 3.