who wants the Halo 2 pistol back?

thomas benjamin

If you know me, I love the magnum and it's possibly the weapon I am most skilled with. As long as it's not the Halo 3 pistol i'll be happy. That was pretty much the only thing I disliked in 3. It's not a make or break deal for me though.

• Like 2

I think the Magnum in Reach nailed it pretty perfectly, actually. Its counterpart in Halo 2 felt underpowered compared to the rest of the sandbox, same with that of Halo 3, unless you were dual-wielding in which case it became okay.

The only thing I would tweak on the reach pistol is its clip size. Like...even just increasing the clip size so you could get 2 kills if you hit every shot would be a huge improvement.

• Like 2

Yes, love it. 6 body shots to deplete shield, 3 to kill. 4 consecutive headshots to deplete shield and two shots to the head to kill.

Maybe the headshots could be adjusted but body shots seem pretty balanced to me. Rate of fire would also have to be slightly slower to prevent people with modded controllers.

It's in my name bud!

I'm ok with it returning, i liked the design, and play style of it! it was just so smooth! Popping the final bullet(13th headshots to kill) Into his head was satisfaction. I have a pretttyyy fast trigger finger. I'd personaly like a pistol with Halo Reach stopping power. halo 3's ruggedness and smooth animation, halo 2's pistol's speed, and it's fun to play with. Halo 1's scope and maybe the Melee.

But i hope the melee is Halo 2 or 3