The Future of Halo Beyond Halo 4.

Josh Holmes interview from the show case I had missed.

343 has 'story in mind' for Halo 5, 6

"Clear arcs" already defined, Halo studio confirms

By Andy Robinson for computerandvideogames

343 Industries already has "a definite story arc in mind" for Halo 5 and 6, the studio's told CVG.

Speaking at Microsoft's Xbox Spring Showcase earlier this month, 343 studio creative director Josh Holmes revealed the developer has "clear arcs" for where the second Halo trilogy will go, but in terms of how it executes those arcs, he said "that will be worked out as we go through the creative process".

screenshot_278860_thumb_wide300.jpg

"We havea definite story arc in mind. We have a very, very clear vision and understanding of the story for

Halo 4 obviously and as you go further out from that point into the saga it obviously becomes a little looser," Holmes said.

He also confirmed the Halo 4 plot is a direct continuation from Halo 3, but wouldn't say outright if previous games contained hints as to where the new game will go - or clues as to the identity of its mysterious new foe.

"Everything that we've created has been designed with constancy and tie-ins to the existing cannon," he said. "So all of the historical cannon that comes before this game has been taken into account and connects in meaningful ways.

"And there's been a lot of work that we've put in to building the franchise," he added. "Specifically, Frank O'Connor and the franchise team have been developing the fiction that surrounds the franchise and they've put a lot of effort into creating those tie-ins to the things that we're building for Halo 4.

"That's something that we've partnered together on for the last several years."

• Like 4

Yeah i remember that segment. If I'm not mistaken somewhere prior to CEA, they reveled that the campaign story was already planned and written for Halo 4, 5 and 6 already. Pretty good considering the time they spent equates to roughly dev work on 1.5 titles worth of work. Go 343!!!!!

• Like 1

I very excited on how they are using three games to tell there story. This shows that they are putting a lot of decication to the fan by adding future storyline with the games, books, etc. I opinionate that the next trilogy will follow in a similar pattern and the first trilogy. Halo 4 will take place with Master Chief alone most of the time on a forunner world (i think it will be Charum Hakkor, the Precursor planet) and at the end the game, the humans will show up and rescue the Chief and Cortana. Halo 5 will have the humans fighting of and their witz to try and combat the new enemy and eradicate it, while having major conflicts with the covanent trying to regain their former glory and overtake the humans(dont know my full opinion on halo 5 yet until new karen travis book comes out). With halo 6 it will seem that the enemy has won, but then the forunners show up and ally with the humans(mabye involving the librarian) to destroy the final enemy once and for all. again this is what i think will happen based on how i know halo and storylines past and is a summed up version of whit i think the new trilogy storyline will be.

Alright so Halo 4 decided what happens for the halo franchise if this tanks its over. If it does well Halo is back in the big leagues. I have asked so many of my friends if they are excited and none of them are. They have already decided it will be bad. YOu have to prove them wrong. As a strong believer in this franchise i have not given up. The developers have to realize how big this truly is. Its live or die for the series.

• Like 1

Alright so Halo 4 decided what happens for the halo franchise if this tanks its over. If it does well Halo is back in the big leagues. I have asked so many of my friends if they are excited and none of them are. They have already decided it will be bad. YOu have to prove them wrong. As a strong believer in this franchise i have not given up. The developers have to realize how big this truly is. Its live or die for the series.

I see where you're going with this, this WILL determine a big fate for the Halo franchise if it "tanks" over. And truly, some of my friends at school aren't excited either, they just say "Call of Duty owns Halo". So, I'm sorta the only Xbox-Halo fanatic rather than the PS3-COD people.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah i remember that segment. If I'm not mistaken somewhere prior to CEA, they reveled that the campaign story was already planned and written for Halo 4, 5 and 6 already. Pretty good considering the time they spent equates to roughly dev work on 1.5 titles worth of work. Go 343!!!!!

They did? Thats awesome!!! Can't wait for 4,5,6 to comeout :D

Josh Holmes interview from the show case I had missed.

343 has 'story in mind' for Halo 5, 6

"Clear arcs" already defined, Halo studio confirms

By Andy Robinson for computerandvideogames

343 Industries already has "a definite story arc in mind" for Halo 5 and 6, the studio's told CVG.

Speaking at Microsoft's Xbox Spring Showcase earlier this month, 343 studio creative director Josh Holmes revealed the developer has "clear arcs" for where the second Halo trilogy will go, but in terms of how it executes those arcs, he said "that will be worked out as we go through the creative process".

screenshot_278860_thumb_wide300.jpg

"We havea definite story arc in mind. We have a very, very clear vision and understanding of the story for

Halo 4 obviously and as you go further out from that point into the saga it obviously becomes a little looser," Holmes said.

He also confirmed the Halo 4 plot is a direct continuation from Halo 3, but wouldn't say outright if previous games contained hints as to where the new game will go - or clues as to the identity of its mysterious new foe.

"Everything that we've created has been designed with constancy and tie-ins to the existing cannon," he said. "So all of the historical cannon that comes before this game has been taken into account and connects in meaningful ways.

"And there's been a lot of work that we've put in to building the franchise," he added. "Specifically, Frank O'Connor and the franchise team have been developing the fiction that surrounds the franchise and they've put a lot of effort into creating those tie-ins to the things that we're building for Halo 4.

"That's something that we've partnered together on for the last several years."

halo 4 will not be good at all.. u can see people thru walls.. thats not fun. thats stupid. armor lock, jet pack,holigram all will be in halo 4.. thats stupid. they think they lost alot of halo players with reach then they wont have any with halo 4... 343 needs to rethink halo4 an look back at halo2 an halo3 an see why them 2 games was the best....

halo 4 will not be good at all.. u can see people thru walls.. thats not fun. thats stupid. armor lock, jet pack,holigram all will be in halo 4.. thats stupid. they think they lost alot of halo players with reach then they wont have any with halo 4... 343 needs to rethink halo4 an look back at halo2 an halo3 an see why them 2 games was the best....

You cant see people thru walls, you can just see thru walls, they have responded to the GI article and said that you will not be able to see other people. Also been confirmed that armor lock is out of halo 4, but the rest you said is right