Sprint. DON'T DO IT.

Drakell

But isn't it? We're the ones buying the game, we're the ones giving them money, no sane company would give the consumer something they don't want. If enough people don't like the decision to put so and so in any game and because of that don't buy it, then the game company will do whatever the consumer (you, me, everyone) wants. The same thing can be accomplished through petitions or mass emails. Sure it's still the game companies decision, but through sales the consumers control every decision they make.

Now on topic I don't mind sprint so much, if everyone started with sprint than I just wouldn't care since the only reason I complain about AAs is because they mean that players start the game unequal. If everyone started with sprint and were able to replace it with evade or a jump pack (not a jet pack) then I would absolutely love the game.

I wouldn't mind if everyone started out with sprint and then able to replace it with an AA on map so that's a good idea which I think will work well, as for the Jump pack idea I'm not sure about that one to be honest... depends how much advantage it will gives you :P

Hey, HERE'S A SOLUTION! Watch some of 343i interviews..

They already confirmed that there will be a classic playlist for the players who like that old Halo Feel.

This argument is stupid. Just get over the fact that the game is evolving, and deal with it.

You can most likely customize the gameplay settings, like in past Halo Games.

I'm sure you will be able to customize the settings, but I think you are missing the point I was trying to make. I don't want to only enjoy custom games that only revolve around the rules I set while every playlist out there operates in a different manner that I detest.

Are you kidding me OP? Dude, if 343 had the choice to keep one armor ability, most halo fans would say sprint. ARMOR LOCK is the thing they need to boot.

Don't get me wrong here, I hate all of the armor abilities, and if they did keep one, I would agree that sprint is the way to go.

Sprint was the only AA that was really ever in discussion, therefore that's what my post is about.

No sorry your wrong, I played halo 2 and 3 extensively and sprint was in my mind the best thing about Reach, glad to see 343 are keeping it.

You spelled "you're" incorrectly, but that's beside the point. Would you like to explain why I'm wrong in my opinion. I don't care if you disagree with me, but I would like some reasons or something a little more than. You're wrong and I'm right, and that's that, etc...

Yeah I hate it when people just practically say "Nope, you're wrong and I'm right." Without any reasoning. Anyway, thats besides the point. Overall, I think halo 4 should have armor abilitys, just only things like, as I've mentioned before, abilities like sprint, evade, active camo, drop shield, and maybe jet pack. things like armor lock are just... no.

Yeah I hate it when people just practically say "Nope, you're wrong and I'm right." Without any reasoning. Anyway, thats besides the point. Overall, I think halo 4 should have armor abilitys, just only things like, as I've mentioned before, abilities like sprint, evade, active camo, drop shield, and maybe jet pack. things like armor lock are just... no.

So only things like.... everything but armor lock? lol Okay. I just don't like them because it leaves everyone on uneven ground at the very beginning of the game. And it's MUCH more uneven than any of the perks from CoD.

I don't think armour abilities are less skilful. I think it takes skill to use them effectively to outsmart your opponent.

Anyway, on topic, sprint should definitely be in Halo 4 on its own, like CoD and Battlefield.

Another reason I disagree. I don't want it to be anything like CoD or Battlefield. And there are several cases where AA's completely disadvantage the more skillful players.

Why not? They are both good games. I could have said it about any game, just those two came into my mind first. I really think that sprint should be a standard option, not as a seperate AA.

Sure, I would agree that they are both good games, but what separates halo is that it is so DIFFERENT. I like the different, space and future driven, other-worldly feel.

Sure, I would agree that they are both good games, but what separates halo is that it is so DIFFERENT. I like the different, space and future driven, other-worldly feel.

Absolutely agree with you. I was merely using those games as examples where sprint comes as standard.

We have to get things straight here, SPRINT is a MECHANIC and new mechanics are never a necessity to any game. Just because new games are successful with a certain mechanic that doesn't mean every new game will be successful with that mechanic. Look at what sprinting did to rainbow six vegas two, that game was awful compared to the first one. Sprinting in reach has proven to me that its a bad mechanic for halo. I think a lot of people who want sprint in halo are very aggressive players who have no patience and chose not to use their heads in game. It's always better for a competitive game to have predictable game play, that makes it more balanced and less random and game plans are also much more effective. Sprinting isn't a part of the evolution of gameplay, theres no such thing.

First, i like the armor abilities because they can give anyone a leg up. but if you are SKILLFUL enough you can out do taht person. ex. Armor lock is beaten by patience. jet packing is a BAD idea in an open space. Evade can be out down by taking advantage of his evasion and getting into cover and getting away (never said you have to win) if you truely want to be good with AA then try those little examples,. But becareful when you use em. they may not always work

First, i like the armor abilities because they can give anyone a leg up. but if you are SKILLFUL enough you can out do taht person. ex. Armor lock is beaten by patience. jet packing is a BAD idea in an open space. Evade can be out down by taking advantage of his evasion and getting into cover and getting away (never said you have to win) if you truely want to be good with AA then try those little examples,. But becareful when you use em. they may not always work

this is about sprint not AA's, and i agree AA's have their weaknesses but my argument against them is that they affect gameplay to much and make things unpredictable. That's not unique gameplay.

I agree that the AA's are a little, much. But sprinting for me personally is better. I like it cause I get to where I'm going faster. After all, it is only a little tiny piece of the game. It doesn't really change it all that much.........