Ammo Boxes Must Return 343

Halo2Veteran

could someone who playd HALO 2 with me and is also upset with the recent removal of ammo please leave a comment so we can help give posotive constructive criticisim before the game comes out. The ultimate goal is that Halo 4 is as a succesfull title as Halo 2 was and does not feel like a rush job like Halo 3 felt like

I played Halo 2 LAN games for years. There were no ammunition boxes at all in multiplayer - the video you linked is from campaign, so I could be as well off linking a video from Reach's Firefight mode and saying there are ammunition boxes in multiplayer.

This idea is interesting for Invasion-style games, players could be prevented from picking up new weapons and only capable of reloading from ammunition boxes. I don't like the idea of them in regular multiplayer games because it lends itself way too easily to power weapon hoarding. A simpler way to solve the problem of a sniper running out of ammunition until he can throw his weapon away and then go and get a new one would be for weapons to be set to spawn after pick up or once out of ammunition, regardless of whether they were currently being carried or not.

Also, don't call people noobs just for disagreeing with you. In this case, you're the noob as both Mystic and Drizzy have been here a lot longer than you, so it doesn't even make sense. Plus, it kind of makes you look like a spoiled kid and makes other people a lot less likely to take your ideas seriously.

I only say this on the off chance that you aren't a troll. If you actually want to discuss things, try and be more careful with your tone. If you just want to wind people up, please head over to Bnet where your kind are tolerated.

• Like 1

So I'm a noob because I disagree with you and think that what you're complaining about isn't something that's all that big of a deal? Okay, sure. Yes, I realise that people could travel to these ammo spots and resupply without having to wait for the weapon to spawn again. However I'm not getting hot and bothered over it because, to me, it's not a game crippling thing. It's not really something that I'm going to sit there and let work me up and ruin my enjoyment of the other games in the series over. I don't see how removing them from the game removes half of the gameplay value. If the overall gameplay value for you is half dependent on some ammo resupply crates, well I find that rather silly.

Explained that pretty well that even i sat here saying you mentioned all that i would of said and agree! This isnt something which cripples the game!!

I'm doing my best to try to remember if ammo boxes were in halo 2's multiplayer or not....I'm like 50-50 trying to remember. I know there were ammo boxes on halo 1 because they were in the front of each base on Blood Gulch in the little rock formation...but I can't recall if they were there for halo 2.

Anywho, they are not a significant aspect of the game to determine whether halo 4 is a sucess or not. With the ability to tweak maps via forge you can now adjust weapon placement and timers to make the map as balanced/unbalanced as you see fit. I know these changes wouldn't affect maps in matchmaking but for some reason I feel as though 343 will be pretty on top of things when it comes to "fixing" maps that are clearly not balanced.

I just finished playing some split-screen games of Halo 2 with my little brother. Those rocket boxes that you've said also give ammunition for other weapons? Yea, they only give you extra rockets. I was playing on Ivory Tower, carrying a Battle Rifle with 72 shots on backup, walked over the rockets, and received NO ammunition for it or the sniper rifle I was carrying. Those boxes only give you rockets, nothing more. In the video you posted, the player walked over to some rocket ammunition AND a Battle Rifle. You can clearly see that there is a Battle Rifle next to all of the extra rockets that he/she walks over. That is where the extra ammunition for his Battle Rifle comes from. Apparently you actually don't know what you're talking about, because as I just stated, I tested this in split-screen on Halo 2 with my little brother (not even half an hour ago). Those rocket boxes that are located on the ground are simply that. Boxes that contain extra rocket ammunition. They do NOT supply you with ammunition for other weapons. My brother even tested this by wasting some of his SMG ammunition and walking over it. He received nothing from those boxes. Not one single bullet was given to him from them.

I want anyone here who has Halo 2 to go into Ivory Tower and locate the rocket boxes/cases in the center of the map. Waste some of your ammunition for your SMG, Battle Rifle, Pistol, whatever you have. You will notice that those cases give you no extra ammunition when you walk over them.

• Like 2

Okay here how it is, i went on campaign like last week cause i wanted to play it again for the lolz with my sister then to multiplayer

I was low on BR55 ammo and went to your 'ammo box' and got nothing, which implies you sir, are wrong, u dont get ammo for all weapons

I can see it now, ammo boxes to resupply the power weapons?!?!?!?!?!

That would drive most of the Halo population away and leave the population with the hardcore, play for K/D ratio, rank number diehards.

The casual play for fun people which MAKE THE GAME would quickly leave as they would.get trashed online each and every game.

If Ammo boxes were in Halo 4 that would ruin the game.

LL Kool D, you are weak and undisciplined like the rest of your kind. If you never resupplied yourself at the ammo boxes you see at 0:16, 1:34, 1:45...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ5FzS0W0TU

well im sorry my freind, but you are a friggen noob. Like....I am astonished that anyone could be so oblious to such a crucial part of the gameplay. Something so simple as resupplying your ammo to your gun...you couldnt figure out on your own. My friggen god man.

Are you a complete *********? You come on here and insult trusted and respected members because they have a different opinion to you. Do you come from a different planet or something? Ammo boxes are not essential. What seperates players from good players is knowing the spawns, and adapting your tactics based on this. What's the point of camping out at an ammo box? And secondly how does not having ammo boxes render power weapons useless. If they are useless is that why people always swap their assault rifle out for a shotgun? Or a Sniper Rifle? You are the one that is wrong, and because of this you don't need to come on here and flame and troll other genuine members of the forum.

Good day to you.