Grenades.

HeroicMime

Dear God, I stopped playing this for a week and I come back to an even bigger grenade spamfest than ever before. Every game I play, someone sees me and unloads all their grenades at me, and my teammates do the same, getting me and each other killed because they can't be bothered to SHOOT the damn targets. It's like using your gun is considered obsolete now or something. This combined with the general OP-ness of Reach 'nades makes for incredibly unfun games where everything's going boom and the screen is shaking. What's a player of a first person SHOOTER to do?

I agree, these days players throw grenades before they even pop off any shots. And with Reach's jump height and slowed movement speed (not counting AAs), grenades are harder to avoid than ever. It took me a while to break out of the habit of jump crouching when someone tossed a grenade at me that I picked up in Halo 3. And it's annoying when your team tosses grenades instead of shooting, and ends up getting a bunch of betrayals. It's even more annoying when the entire opposing team doesn't even press right trigger. Most of the Slayer playlists are bothersome just for this reason alone. And btw, it's 50 times worse when there are grenade challenges.

• Like 1

Dodge the grenades then shoot him in the head. That would surprise him.

Yeah, that would work if you were holding a weapon that could kill with one headshot, and if somehow you were able to dodge the radius of at least 5 grenades tossed at your feet. Oh, and that's only if their random nade spamming didn't include a lucky plasma.

I see why they throw a grenade. It's to take out a part of your shield so you can kill the target quickly and they aren't OP 1 grenade has to be under you to take out your entire shield out the further it is from you the less it takes of your shield so just try and evade that thing as much as you can. Plasma grenades on the other hand are able to kill you in one blow only again it has to be directly underneath you.

I alway throw a grenade as soon as I see someone that is close enough. Directly after that throw i start shooting. The shooting blows the shield away the grenade finishes the job or take at least the entire shield out if I haven't succeeded to take the shield out with bullets and headshot the guy.

• Like 1

This is another reason why I like to play the anniversary playlists, you only start off with one grenade and it definitely cuts down on the nade spammin.

And then they pick off grenades of their targets and get more, then the spam-fest begins. :) Lol, anyways the huge maps they have make up for it. Except small maps like Penance however.

1 grenade has to be under you to take out your entire shield out the further it is from you the less it takes of your shield so just try and evade that thing as much as you can.

I've had frag grenades knock out my entire shield from three or four metres away while people standing much closer have barely taken any damage at all. Damage just isn't consistent, you never really know how much damage any given grenade will do or even when it will explode. One of my grenades once went off about a metre from me. I deserved to get killed because my shields were down. What wasn't deserved was that my opponent's shields were also down, my grenade was closer to him than me and he survived it.

• Like 2

I don't spam off grenades as soon as I see someone. If I think a grenade or even multiple grenades will benefit me in a battle situation then why would I not try to give myself the edge over my opponent and ultimately come out on top, helping my team to victory? Yes, spamming of grenades can be annoying, but isn't it annoying when you are shotgun-meleed or sword blocked? If it helps you then I don't see the problem. As for the matter of people throwing grenades at you, then you have to get our of their way. Hang back and throw grenades, like them, or stay back and pick off headshots because the grenades have taken down the opponents shields.

I agree, these days players throw grenades before they even pop off any shots. And with Reach's jump height and slowed movement speed (not counting AAs), grenades are harder to avoid than ever. It took me a while to break out of the habit of jump crouching when someone tossed a grenade at me that I picked up in Halo 3. And it's annoying when your team tosses grenades instead of shooting, and ends up getting a bunch of betrayals. It's even more annoying when the entire opposing team doesn't even press right trigger. Most of the Slayer playlists are bothersome just for this reason alone. And btw, it's 50 times worse when there are grenade challenges.

That's probably the worst part, when your teammate sees you in a gunfight and instead of helping shoot, they throw a nade in and get you and the other guy killed, then it counts as your opponent's kill so you can't boot the idiot. I understand that throwing a grenade first can be advantageous, but when both teams are doing it, and no one is shooting at all (I've had games where people run from me after seeing that both their nades didn't kill me), the game just gets silly and unfun. Trust me, it's about ten times harder to try to sprint out of the blast radius when like 8 different ones are being blasted around by one another. I just don't even play on days with grenade challenges, lol.

• Like 1