Weapon zoom/ grenade in halo 4

GODSABOMINATION

Ok so u now how in reach u can zoom in with every weapon what if in halo4 u can use that to tag an enemy or pin a location? ( meaning a distance or something) An for grenades what if we were able to modify the explosion rate?/ an would you want to be able to throw grenades like in ce where u can throw em far ? Or like reach have a limit to how far you can throw em? Not saying that i want to throw from one side of hemmoraige to the other but at least a good distance

By zoom with every weapon, you are referring to the "binocular" HUD display, just to clear that up for people who may misread or misinterpret that. So basically what you are saying is, that like the target locator, when using the basic binocular zoom, it should display the rnage in meters that an enemy is, and you should be able to paint a target....like sort of lock the enemy so you know where a painted one is at all times?

While I like the idea of range for eneimes, I don't think it would serve a good purpose in terms of mm. Gameplay for Halo is really never about at what range an enemy is, nor does knowing how far the enemy actually is from you, help in any way with aiming. Grenades are a result of the physics and not much can be done to ensure that the arc and range would be great inside the tag itself. It all comes down to pre-defined engine physics for this kind of stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I think these are fabulous ideas actually. I just dont see how they could effect or improve gameplay at a great ability. Perhaps if you could elaborate on the idea to give us a much more vivid idea of how they could please?

• Like 1

I didn't quite understand the point that was supposed to be made, the grammar police should arrest you.

As for grenade throwing distance, there definitely needs to be a limit to how far you can throw any type of grenade simply because it would be hard to control how far you would throw it, unless they added an aiming system to H4

I would like to be able to throw grenades a littl farther than I can in Reach with less powerful frags and easier grenade physics like Halo 2 and Halo 3. As for the enemy tagging system I've actually wanted that since I played Gears 3. The tagging system in Gears 3 works very well and if Halo can somehow adapt its own version of it, like maybe outlining the tagged enemy in red for a few seconds, that'd be cool.

Something like that but no highlighting the body.. The thing is it wouldnt have any affect towards anything jus something to do with The " binocular hud" i guess . Altho i wouldnt mind ur idea as we!ll.. :)

I would like to be able to throw grenades a littl farther than I can in Reach with less powerful frags and easier grenade physics like Halo 2 and Halo 3. As for the enemy tagging system I've actually wanted that since I played Gears 3. The tagging system in Gears 3 works very well and if Halo can somehow adapt its own version of it, like maybe outlining the tagged enemy in red for a few seconds, that'd be cool.

The binoculars are already useful, particularly for dealing with enemy snipers and finding out if anyone has power weapons without risking going to check in person.

I don't think frag damage is a problem, it just needs to be more evenly distributed. I've had cases where I've lost my shields standing metres away from grenades while people standing almost on top of the were barely touched. This can't be lag as neither of us was moving at the time.

I would like to see the 'nade detonation physics fixed, though. It used to be that frags would detonate one half second after hitting a surface - no more, no less, regular as clockwork. I've seen Reach grenades bounce four or five times and then come to a rest before exploding, hit a surface an immediately go off, hit something and then wait two seconds before blowing up without touching anything else... even if this can all be explained by lag, I don't recall previous Halo games having this problem, and if they did it was rare enough to completely escape my notice. These problems occur almost every game I play on Reach.

I'm glad you made this topic

I'd definitely like for grenades to go a little further, infinite grenades should return as a option, and your idea of binocular zoom having a range finder is a great idea. I really don't like that the distance to another player or objective is the only thing you can get the rangefinder to work for. I would much rather have a rangefinder that works for any surface you look at and secondary tags showing the distance of players/objectives when the binocular zoom is engaged. While i love this idea i'm not sure what my opinion of it's possible affect on MP could be, imagine being able to ballpark the angle you need to throw a grenade after quickly checking the distance with binocular zoom. Could be amazing, could be aggravating. And marking targets, in my mind, could only avoid being detrimental if it showed a 'freeze frame' of where the player was, i don't agree very much with this or any form of tagging outside of elite slayer however.

Remember the grenade fights on CE that reminded you of ship battles? I'd love for that to return with infinite grenades and this addition to binocular zoom but i'm not sure what affect it would have for playlists.

Even though tagging enemies works in Battlefield games I don't think it would have much use in Halo. The maps aren't gigantic and we already have a radar to help track close enemies. Plus, the average sniper these days don't move around a lot so one simple call out for their location is typically enough.

As for the distance thing when zooming in I don't see much use in it. After a few games you'll start to know the distance in which weapons are effective and get fairly familiar with how far you can chuck grenades. I'm sure if they want to put it in it wouldn't be too difficult to code and I highly doubt it would slow anything down, but I'd rather have them put their efforts elsewhere and only include this after everything else is done.

I'm just a negative nancy, huh?

i think the painting of another versus character is sort of like what gears 3 did? I like that very much. It is a call out without even talking. Which should be used with any weapon and or view of an enemy.

If i see someone camping making smores with a tent and all..i want to paint him so my team can join him :)