The Official Halo 4 Forge Thread

1. Changeable weather effects (snow, rain, lightning)

2.higher budget for bigger maps

3. unlimited objects (such as walls and other building items, not vehicles or weapons)

4.more vehicles and weapons!!! Its awesome to have a whole bunch of different vehicles to use. bring vehicles and weapons back from all the games and combine them. it would make some pretty epic battles! (hornet, brute shot)

5. The ability to stick things together and combine them (also so they can be combined and dont come apart on NORMAL physics, do NOT have to be PHASED where they cant be moved)

6.And finally to be able to have animals like the moa that run around. (i know its stupid but it would be funny to have them running around during fights.

Thats about it, hope 343i is sill taking suggestions

Braver king 514 said:

[Here are some popular ideas

IF ANYONE HAS A LINK TO A GREAT IDEA, PLACE IT HERE!!!!!!!!!!

Full Effrect Invasion:

This is a list of the ideas I belive wold make a gametype so god that COD will be blown off its throne. Please ass your own ideas, even if you think its too crazy too work. Halo was made through ideas thought to be the same.Too crazy to work. But they did...

1. Have maps that span both space and land.If I am needed to attack a cruser to save my objective, I can grab a pelican and some buddys and overload its engines.Or if my job is to defend it until it can glass the objective, that can happen. Add drop pods as well.

2. Two sided winning. If there is a ship attacking let the defenders attack it andtake it out and reversing the fight. But give the attackers one last chancrtoturn battle around.This would cause an unparelled realizm to the combat, as if it was happening.

3. AI integreated gamplay. This would let you have such a huge map without lag and it would add a better effect to it. I would love fighting with hunters and ODST online. This would hopefully be the thing that lets you put in phantoms, pelicans, scarbs and everything else.

4.Realistic objectives. Add in things that would happen in the halo universe. Forerunner objectives, such as shield barriers like the ones in Halo 3's mission "The Covenant". Ships like Forward Unto Dawn, of realistic saze and interactions. Let the Covenant use glassing beams and the UNSC use MAC cannons to distroy objectives. If I have to press a button to activate something in campagin, shouldn't I do it online? I press RB and my character moves his/her hand and presses it. Thats all I can think of. in this catigory. Pkease add on.

5.Custom Maps for this gametype need to be ground up, like in custom edition. Have things such as a cruser in the spawning index. Let it be some be senery, to make it look likea fleet, and others be realistic and have full acsess, as if it was realy there.Let players be able to make anything that was seen in the campaigns. If I want to recreate the mission "The Ark" pebble for pebble ans have the same interations (the

Dawn coming from space for example) I could, but with online play.Make the building and moving doors be apart of the spawn index. I recommend using different section to store everything in, so I can find theoption to spawn it in the "forerunner buildings" section. Please no budget, Its too hard to add deatils with limited Budget. Players have always said that the maps madein custom edition were the best in existance.

6.Lighting, weather and nature. If I want a that is in the night, I can do it. Also let the weather effect combat. (wind that effects sniping, but the SCOUT armor varient can tell you where to shoot.) If the SPARTAN program was real the armor woud tell the soilder EVERYTHING about his enviroment. Plus, random indigios animals would add more realism to the battlefield.If possable add in waves,storms and lightning that can kill you, but hardly ever have it happen.

7. Highly interactive maps. If Iwanto place a bomb behind me in the ship to take out a few enemys, I can ram it into the wall. If I want to jam a door until it is distroyed I can shoot the control panel. If I wat to make a barrrier I can. PS, make most parts of a map destroyable that way a bomb going off will behave realisticly and if its in the wall next to space, stuff ( including plays and AI) will get sucked into space.But put in emergency doors that close,so not everything gets distroyed. Also have hidden air ducts so you can sneak to the objective.

That all I can think of. Please Add on to this thank you and God Bless America

BraverKING514

(If you people reading this agree with me, then Email this to 343, please, for the sake :idea: of Halo, do it.)

if you are reading this, put this in your game! DO NOT FALL INTO THE TRAP BUNGIE DID! I've checked and these are the most popular ideas that the fans want to see in your games. I understand that some might not be possilbe, but that is what made Halo great to begin with. It took the idea of a video and redefined it. It made everyone who played it go "holy ****" and other game companies cry like little babys. Halo was the top dog, the one to beat. Bungie made the mistake of not continually changing the idea ofa video game, exept in the storyline, and so they abandonded what made Halo so great. Please,for the sake of the millions of Halo fans, keep the Halo 1 mentality. Blow the game outof perportion! Place these and what else you think of into your game and Halo shalretake its old title, wher if you arn't obbsessed with it you will look like a dumba**.

1. Put all of the campagin things into the online on huge maps. Pelicans, Phantoms, Scrabs, AA Wraths, Ect.

2. Put in armor that needs only achements (make a few hard like Hyabusa in Halo 3). Also have some that need cr and achements or cr and rank.

3. Have each armor piece effect you. EOD protects against explosions, but slows you down. CQB protects against shotguns and improves energy sword deflects. Make the knife an attachment that improves hand to hand (and assassinations). Also, many people want custom armor.( don't know how that would work, but it would be sweet and I'm sure that 343 can do it.)

4. Forgable Firefight maps. Taking custom games to a whole new level.

5. Flood AI gametype. Somthing to make COD shove "Zombies" up its... you get the point. Also make it possable to win, hard but beatable.

6. Ground up forging. You can choose the terrain bulidings/ships (people want online space battles, connected to the ground if possible.) Thes style should be custom as well. (Covanant, Human, Flood, Forerunner and whatever else you guys have in store.)This includes firefight. It would be amazing to havea grunt filled Rupe Goldburg machine.

7.AI integrated online play. For example, take Invasion, add AI's to both sides ( hunters, grunts, brutes, marines, ODST's, everything)aqnd let them be able to pick up objectives (bombs, Data cores, Ect.) and fullfill them like a player would.

8.First person options for vehicles. (I've always wondered what splatered grunt juice looks like on your visor)

9. Weapon inprovements. (supressors, sights that allow for headshots onguns such as the AR, and other thing that you can think of.)

10. Custom Campagin. Let custom maps have theatrics and campain stlye objective the cam be limked so players can make their own story.

11. Larger maps will need larger teams. My friends have sugested 24-32 players. Even more if you decide to link air and land battles.

12. In field weapon and vehicle customization/improvements. Also ground up vehicles in forge would be a god send.

13. 1st Person Presentaion. Halo's stroy is the best I've yet seen. If you keep the actions the Cheif does in first person, this little touch will add a lot of epic effect to it. To bring back Halo you must blow Battlefield 3 out ofthe water. Remember, they have only Earth. You have an ENTIRE galaxy AND the Forerunners! With a different graphics engine and better presentaion of cinimatics you will have spawned a game that truly gives justice to the Halo franchiseand will leavean ipression on the hearts of millions.

14. have destroyable bulidings and ships. That way, if I want to make an assult map that has its target in a buliding, so when the bomb goes it collapses on itself, it can happen. (Make this an OPTION, that way you can have both!)

15. Improve the music!!! Halo 3 and Halo3 ODST's music sent chills down my spine. Reach's not so much, many other others agree. (Are you going to get Martin O'Donall and Salvitorie (forgot his name) to make the music again? I think they're the best pair sence Cheif and Cortona.

I hope you find this advice helpful, for I've worked many hours finding this information out. I do pray you use it and get Halo back on its feet.

]

So...Im just saying these could be integrated into Forge

Eliteultra: while many of these would be great ideas many of these would take up a LOT of space and they would not have time to put in half of them.I would love to blow a cruiser as much as the next guy but be resonable.I like the idea for weather because I want to make swamp maps or big wars but several could not even be done or would just plain ruin it. Armor affects like weighed down suits go out of the story because all suits weigh ton but they can easily move,weapon upgrades:we don't want this game to be like COD plus it is much fairer to have the same range of weapons as everyone else. Terrain edit:This would make the maps not have that realistic look because they would have to down the graphics and then the map will look cartoonish,trust me they should not put this in.Cruisers:I don't really have to explain why this wont show,this takes a lot of memory and the MAC gun and glass beam would make the fight impossible(the blast range is huge probably destroying the whole map). Budget: this was put here so people would not overload the map because there can be only so many objects. AI:this would be very complicated because you have to map out where they go and who they shoot.

overall if they were to put all you asked for in,it would take 10 years or more to perfect and would have at least 3 disks.

Please don't resond negatively to this because any real 343 designer would tell you pretty much the same, They arent bad ideas,they just are too complicated.

[ PLEASE READ ]

I am an amazing forger and have been forgeing since rech came out and i have 15 proffessional maps, to give you an idea i have forged maps with darth human ( creator of "avalaunche" ) and would be willing to show anybody some of my maps just send " unravelcartoon " a message with " 163 " in the message. Now, to the real stuff , FORGE

Ideas I want

ODST pods ; like many have said , halo should have drop pods so yo can store your weapon and have a small amount of controll and be able to deploy a chute. And if you get EMP'D or forget to deploy your chute and you survive then you have th hiy emergency escape buttons ; like on halo 3 : odst.

Also i would like more veichle's on halo 4 , like a transport warthog covenent ships pelicans phantoms or mayebe the ship that the odst drop from and falcons that you can RIDE in. And Fp driving.

And also being able to directnyour own cut seane, now that would be amazing! And add music.

And finnaly buildings, I would like a range of

buildings like sciscrapers to single story buildings. And a 100 instead of just a few.

And also be able to go inside them.

Thats all :)

Eliteultra: while many of these would be great ideas many of these would take up a LOT of space and they would not have time to put in half of them.I would love to blow a cruiser as much as the next guy but be resonable.I like the idea for weather because I want to make swamp maps or big wars but several could not even be done or would just plain ruin it. Armor affects like weighed down suits go out of the story because all suits weigh ton but they can easily move,weapon upgrades:we don't want this game to be like COD plus it is much fairer to have the same range of weapons as everyone else. Terrain edit:This would make the maps not have that realistic look because they would have to down the graphics and then the map will look cartoonish,trust me they should not put this in.Cruisers:I don't really have to explain why this wont show,this takes a lot of memory and the MAC gun and glass beam would make the fight impossible(the blast range is huge probably destroying the whole map). Budget: this was put here so people would not overload the map because there can be only so many objects. AI:this would be very complicated because you have to map out where they go and who they shoot.

overall if they were to put all you asked for in,it would take 10 years or more to perfect and would have at least 3 disks.

Please don't resond negatively to this because any real 343 designer would tell you pretty much the same, They arent bad ideas,they just are too complicated.

[ PLEASE READ ]

Maybe your right bout the cruiser and budget...

how bout corvette and frigate in a space map invasion

I believe these are all mostly brillant ideas. As for 2 disc this is even better! Now take into hand of how cool it would be if forge world was what its name persist! An entire forgeable plant that you could pick and choos small areas os the cutomize. Thus not making a fully customizable planet as work in it may be come dull. Though a rather merely miny map of maps. Halo 4 should be just like Halo: Custom Edition in a way, how awesome wouldit be if we could forge in space mega ships and sett them on a small course and have space battle on and of both UNSC and covenant ships alike! As the hype for Halo 4 increases will have to wait,hope, and see.

I think that u should be able to put massive forunner structures on a map create your own map from scratch and place a halo down and select an option which let's u forge in space and have battles in space and then fly a pelican or something on to the halo to drop reinforcements then back up to a frigate or supercarrier. Please tell me what u think.

As for most past ideas I think one of the true problems of forge is, Framerate. I will not joke I believe this was sloppy handy-work, as a game developer this should have been tested for very thoroughly by the bungie team. We all know this and the very heart of MLG has shot down some extremely creative forgers. Me being one of those forgers, spawning is also a HUGE issue. Why in god's name do I see in many gameplay videos people spawning right in front of other people? It is a question that puzzles all forgers to this day.

So after much respawning discussion, I believe the easiest solution to the problem is letting respawn zones be affected by player influence. Why? because then respawn zones can be positioned to accomidate line of sight and as such effectively eliminate SPAWN KILLING. Spawning with your enemy looking straight at you has been the most irritating mechanic in multiplayer, and as much as bungie has tried to prevent it, it still happens on a daily basis.

I also believe that the judgment system for maps that get on matchmaking is absurd, I have seen literally thousands of maps and a few hundered that still blow my mind in creativity. What we need is real judges, forgers who make maps day in day out and do a fantastic job.

As for forge, many pieces definately could use an overhaul, one in particular would be the wall single and the wall double. Those peices do not match any of the textures of the other peices and become an eyesore on the map. 3x1 thins and 5x1 tall and thin are by far one of the most appaulling peices in forge, one of the peices causes framerate while they look like Oreo cookies. Also, the 4x4 and 5x5 textures also need an overhaul. A lot less than the others but they still need one all the same, the peices need to be 4 sided symmetrical to accomidate change in floor direction, so then it would not look as sloppy in its place. For blocks, try to avoid glass and actually aim to make pieces that similar of the new peices in the anniversary map pack.

Glass should also not need 18 textures, i mean its just flatout not needed. It does not look decent at all and feels like bungie just tried to add as much as they could. For decorative pieces, I would say these pieces should be pieces that are more framerate heavy and some should be farily large. Round glass 4x4 would be nice and useful, as many people have tried to do this but failed due to framerate. railings should be a piece in the wall, door, window sector. Also eliminate the lights on railings, that way they can be used more. Also, allow better colour inicators on each peice so people can color code a map better for call out purposes.

Now, above all else to accomidate halo, double up on the discs. Honest to god if you put multiplayer / forge on a seperate disc, most of your framerate issues will be solved. Or just put forge on a seperate disc, it will most likely solve most problems you have now. I also would reccommend for when saving maps, it would convert the map's objects into a single object so then there will be no framrate because it isn't loading too much information in one display screen. Thats my feedback, I believe most of these requests on this tread are over-zealous and honestly not needed. It would be nice though if we could have maps with all different peices, it is possible without major problems.

For the love of god test your game THOROUGHLY! I don't care how long it takes just make it worth my 60$, I know hundreds of people who think halo reach is a terrible game! That population is increasing, so do it right and really think with your head and not your wallet!

• Like 1

NO don't make halo 4 into 2 disc. its just lame switching from one disc to another. if skyrim fit in 1 disc you can to even though skyrim was 66x bigger

your pretty dumb to be actually saying that when everyone knows there is huge framerate issues on halo reach right now. It doesn't really matter how big the world of skyrim is, what matters is how much memory information it actually processes through the Xbox and at the moment the XBOX 360 cannot process the information fast enough during gameplay. Ask yourself this, would you want a more enjoyable game or do you want it to be a single disc and the game to suck. it is a fair trade to double up on the discs, Battlefield 3 did it and the gameplay and graphics are amazing. Understand what you are saying before you say it when you have little knowledge of how the games work.

your pretty dumb to be actually saying that when everyone knows there is huge framerate issues on halo reach right now. It doesn't really matter how big the world of skyrim is, what matters is how much memory information it actually processes through the Xbox and at the moment the XBOX 360 cannot process the information fast enough during gameplay. Ask yourself this, would you want a more enjoyable game or do you want it to be a single disc and the game to suck. it is a fair trade to double up on the discs, Battlefield 3 did it and the gameplay and graphics are amazing. Understand what you are saying before you say it when you have little knowledge of how the games work.

Also the 2nd disk for forge would have it's own custom game menu option for testing the maps and all materials of shipped disks are down loadable to the XBOX hard drive. The main disk, once inserted, could give the necessary code so you could forge via the hard drive. Just a thought.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but......I personally hope they also expand on forge after release with an expansion pack dlc of different structures / objects etc......They could offer a completely different theme for all pieces as a basic example or offer different setting / background.......i really hope the forge community is supported post release as this would greatly enhance the game. I'm sure after a few months forgers would love to have some additional tools to play with.....We need better looking forge maps 343....please listen.....

We should be able to put transport warthogs or even like civilian vehicles. I think there should be different forge worlds such as a desert forge world or like a forest world or just a flat piece of land. But there should still the like the halo reach forge world called classic forge world :cat: :guitar:

Halo Reach's Forge system was great. I've made some great maps with it, but I definitely noticed some areas of improvement.

1. Items that could've made maps much much greater, and more appealing, such as the Lights were extremely limited in the amount you could put on the map. I mean extremely limited ( 2 per map? Wtf?).

2. I know this is a huge stretch - and is probably highly unlikely to occur for any Console game - but.. music. Yeah, I know. It sounds impossible and you leave a lot of loopholes for innappropriate content, such as moaning or porn sounds or something like that - which is why the songs or music would be uploaded to a site monitored by 343 staff. I don't know if the copyrights will be violated for the songs but if the staff could choose several albums that could be downloaded and inserted into maps - that would make Halo 4 a groundbreaking game. If you're worried about the huge amount of memory it would take up for the game - don't worry about it. Instead of putting all the songs into the game - don't. Don't have them in the game automatically - make the users download them manually. What I mean by that is: have the users download the songs from the 343 music website (4~6mb) and maybe insert a max limit of 4-5 songs a map? (So maps won't be any larger than 20mb)

Maps would become much more epic and encourage users to use forge more often.

3. FURNITURE!

I can pretty much guarantee that most of the forging community has always wanted this. Chairs, sofas, ******* TV's! Pools, Beach Umbrellas, Beds, Cups, Dishes, Fake food, you ******* name it we want it. We've always wanted to make houses, mansions and apartments; but they mostly always look ****ty.

4. Wall colors. Wall paint. Whatever. Anything to change the colors of the wall completely.. this kind of falls in with what I said above about furniture - even if we did have furniture, the houses/pools/whatever would still look crappy with gray walls or lame colors like that. Some colors would definitely make forge much, much more interesting and maps would become so epic I would never get out of Forge.

5. More nature-y maps. Take forge world for example - it had beaches, grass, trees, a waterfall, an island - and it was perfect. We need more maps like this, and less maps like sword base or reflection that allow no creativity. Maps with huge trees allow for scarier infection maps, maps with shores and lakes or RIVERS would make way more chill maps. SNOWY maps with blizzards going on and Spartan snowmen would be so epic its not even describable.

6. Weather changes. Yup. Its been said over and over again but if you're worried about it slowing down the frame rate, then ******* wait for the xbox 720 and make it perfect. Make Halo 4 Forge a beautiful mode that I can waste the rest of my life on.

Rain - Allow the users to change the rain from a light drizzle to a ******* THUNDERSTORM.

Snow - Allow the users to change the snow from a light flurry to a Blizzard and actually have the snow build up (lol I know the snow building up part is probably imposssible, but it sounds cool.)

Sunlight - Work on the sunlight more in H4! Let the users change the sunlight levels (for example: if you made a cube with 1 window, the sunlight should be able to sneak in and light the cube. This would make graphics x10 better.)

7. Water - I understand that spartans would die instantly if they fell in a lake, since they don't have oxygen tanks or whatever, but how about in H4 you actually let us walk in water? Let water be a forge object. Let us make rivers, and make our maps absolutely ******* crazy.

Well, thanks for reading. Hope H4 becomes great.

- Wolf

• Like 1

This are

DeftestHawk's

ideas for a better forge. They were pasted here from his closed thread.

I have gone through these ideas with my friends over Xbox live they agree that these would be awesome in halo 4 forge.

1.) remove the budget idea and replace it with memory for exampled it would say how many MB aloud to be used on that map and it would count down to 0 when it reaches 0 you cannot place anything on that map.

2.) to have the ability to change the texture of a map so instead of having just a snow world you could change it to sand grass snow ect. or just put them all in 1 map.

3.) to be able to forge bigger vehicles like the scarab.

4.) like in halo reach you can change part of an objects colour but in halo 4 you should be able to change the material an object is made out of.

5.) change of weather on a map or/and day and night cycle.

6.) the ability to create the size of a block.

7.) like in halo 3 you can make it so only the leader can forge well i think in halo 4 you should be able to pick who is aloud to forge in your game.

8.) the ability to change the game type in forge like in halo 3.

9.)more options before you start up forge.

10.)space forge e.g. were you can build stuff in space.

I hope my ideas help you with some part of halo forge after all forge is what makes halo fun for years.

Edited by Absolute Dog
Transplanted a closed OP.

one thing i hate about forge in reach is the fact that you are limited to 100 building block peices. If anything should be unlimited it should be these. They are angular and take very little data to code for. it would also be nice to see a FULL palete of building blocks. Have a 1x1, 1x1 flat, 1x1 tall, 2x2, 2x2 tall, 2x2 flat. progressing all the way up to 10x10, rather than the totally random assortment of peices in reaches forge. it gives us a 1x5 flat and a 1x3 flat, wheres the 1x4!?