The Official Halo 4 Forge Thread

I was reading off your options, I was going yes, yes, YES, YES!!! I kept getting louder with every one of them..... One I don't like is Forge World has too many problems now, I mean I love the idea that it's one big map but you should be able to name the regions (I think that's what you meant by regions) and change the colour so that Hemmorhage finally looks like the original Blood Gulch, and besides, rather than one big map with a holy ton of deathzones and kill areas, why not just give us the full ring? That way, we wouldn't have to deal with accidentally going out of the safe areas, we could use waaay more, and we could even get spaceships (your idea for unsc frigate vs covenant carrier, INSIDE the ring?) to cross.

And I know what you're thinking: This is so stupid, the game would be so laggy if you did this!

NOT IF WE HAD THIS!

A loading screen that pops up and that way you only have to load one little segment of the ring at one time, and that way you could make little transporters to get to a certain segment really quickly, plus you wouldn't need to make any kind of kill areas or shields (except the edges) and we could have waaay more space to edit. Also, it would be cool to be able to terraform the maps you make, as in hit a button and be able to sculpt rocks, the ground, stuff like that in stead of having to deal with the maps that are there where they are either flat or whichever hills and bumps Bungie made them, we could pick where it goes down, where that hill should be, stuff like that! Also included in the terraforming category should be things to make trees, plants, rocks, dirt, sand, things like that.

PS I LOVED YOUR IDEAS FOR UNDO AND GROUPING (you called it "Glue")

Undo would come in handy sooo often!

And grouping two or more items together would make it so that you could make a base and have it as one object, so you didn't have to move each piece and take forever!

Algo que seria bueno es el poder escoger el tipo de material por ejemplo de ladrillo, madera, piedra etc. para muros y cosas asi.

:construction: :2guns: :police: :construction: :2guns: :scooter:

Something that would be good is to choose the type of material such as brick, wood, stone and so on. for walls and stuff

This is what translates. That is a great idea sir!

Tengo nuevas ideas para forge :sweat:

si hablo español un problema? no bueno

Forge en reach es vastante grande pero no losuficiente. Bueno pues estaria bn hacerlo mucho mas grande. Ya se lo que estan pensando como se trasladaran? pueden dividir forge por secciones y que solo cuando se este usando forge se pongan teletransportadores para cada. zona. claro eso solo en el forge de reach que pueden volver a usarlo pero expandirlo.

Tambien no solo deveria de haber un tipo de region sino que algo que le ha echo falta a halo es poder estar en entornos diferentes algo que solo cambio en halo reach. pueden haber diferentes tipos de forge como uno del bosque, la selva, el desierto. y ese ultimo seria un buen entorno para el elephant que quitaron. :2guns:

Ahora algo que no entendi es por que quitaron los objetos de esenario de halo 3 ODST las computadoras ,radios entre otras cosas eran mas eficaces para comoponer el entorno. Tambien quitaron las granadas insendiaria y pinchuda espero que las vuelvan a poner.

como espero que ya sse allan dado cuenta los jugadores han tenido una gran nesecidad de diferentes objetos. asi que si no lo han notado juegen las partidas personalizadas donde se daran cuenta de lo que nesecitan. :construction:

Bueno esta fue mi opinion y como siempre estoy a sus servicios muchas gracias :unworthy:

También espero que traer de vuelta las granadas incendiarias

(here we're just saying that we want the Firebomb grenades, or incendiary grenades to be brought back)

I am James. And I am awesome.

These are the Forge ideas I found all over the site, I would like EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT I AM NOT THE AUTHOR OR CREATOR OF ANY OF THESE IDEAS, with the exception of the ones that I list as my own. Thank you for understanding.

Forge Features:

My ideas- skulls, terminals (that you can type your own things into) and a full ring to forge upon.

(sorry, not sure who wrote these ones)

placeable AI's

self destruct button

ExplosiveLamp

Changeable background

IU IF IA II IL

Higher/No budget for forge

Glue (or as I call it group) tool, to make several items combine into one

Object/Vehicle creator

Environmental effects, such as day/night, rain/snow, etc

ThatNightmar2

Climate control and light sources (I want to know if he means sun or lamp)

Changeablitly in the object's sizes

Prophet pie

Terraforming (I want this as well and soo many people do. It's a great feature)

Forge on a separate disk (again, he's not the only one)

Wolfy5079

Destructible environment

Vehicles

joshe728

Forgeable vehicles like Carrir/corvette, Scarab, Vulture, phantom

IU IF IA II IL

Halo Wars vehicles (personally I want Locusts and Vampires)

ODST Pods (I'm not sure as these are vehicles but I don't know where else to put them)

UNSC Buffalo (check this out it's freakin' BEAST)

ThatNightmar2

Vehicle specifics- paint, rims, height (possibly change these in a garage I keep hearing about)

Kurt S-051

Also wants spaceships like frigates, corvettes, etc

Maps/maptypes

Headhunter wants Sandbox back. Can you blame him?

Prophet pie

Area over gas giant's surface (trying to get more info on this one)

Water physics ability- Put down pipes and tunnels to move water to a different area of the map

StarKiller117

Dense forest

(the following are comments on his thread)

Roads throughout, with chokepoints and open areas to support vehicles

Only small, mobile vehicles should be on this map

MasterxChiefx13

Space maps, aerial, spacial combat/dogfights

My ideas- The full Halo ring to work with. I don't know if I already said it in this post but if I did, that's how important it is. Yeah.

Misc. and Unfit

IU IF IA II IL

Paintshop for vehicles, Spartans, and guns (change skins, add camo, etc)

Play as a brute (I agree, with some tweaks to what the Brutes are capable of now)

A 'Killwall" rather that a killzone, cross the wall you die. Epic

The remainder is either a repeat or more stuff about camo's, or a garage for vehicle editing/painting. All of these are great ideas, I'm still trying to get more information about the stuff I really like, but for now I don't know what these people mean, I only have what they type so please, feel free to message them and ask, and remember, NONE of these are mine I'm just moving them to somewhere that can be found easily.

XTRA SPCIAL THNX TO Spectral Jester for moving my post to the top, thanks a bunch to Absolute Dog for the idea and I'd like to thank RussianPenguin in advance for changing this post for me if and when I find more info! And as always thank you to Bungie for making the greatest game of all time, thank you to 343 for keeping it going, and thank you to the fanks of Halo for making it such a big deal that, love it or hate it, no one stops talking about it!

• Like 1

i really don't think they will put a scarab since 1:its too big,and 2:there are no more covenant.the only kind of map that would work on is something like Hugea$$ from Halo custom edition.

No one ever said there was no Covenant. In Halo:CE through Halo 3, you kill all the prophets that were in charge at that time.

That doesn't mean there aren't a million more prophets on their homeworld, or even on High Charity. Just because there are no leaders doesn't mean the brutes can't FSU anyways, besides without the Covvies the only enemy left is Innies, and those guys suck to fight. No, I promise there will be Covvie in the next Halo trilogy. So your comment about the Scarab not working for that is untrue, and it's not too big if you balance it with Buffalo, or a few tanks. Sorry man but the Scarab would work if they took the time to make it.

EDIT: Wewt I get my own page :)

Edited by SterkOks

Leave it to me to show up with the pretext of bursting bubbles....kinda comes with the job of being ME! ANyway, I was reading thru some of these ideas, and I must say they are creative if nothing else....but I am going to go on record and say that almost 99% of them are impossible or not feasable. The list if you please....

1. Changeable backrounds or bitmaps. Yeah ok. Bitmap and shader swapping functions. This would no thappen since 99% of all map

bitmaps and shaders are tied into the resource maps. Changing them, would have to change the resources...which means resigning a

map. They arent likely to hand out map encryption algorithyms.

2. No Budget. You need a budget. budgets were designed to keep the map from getting overloaded and cause drops in fps, and

memory issues from arising.

3. Adjust Lighting/ weather effects. Not gonna happen. When a map is compiled, it was certain "zones" marked with special characters in

the modeling program is was made in. The compiling tool then marks certain covered ares with special zones to host said weather. As

for lighting, it is not done "per-pixel", so lightmaps are compiled seperatly from the map and cannot be changed on the fly.

4. Moving and changing water. Water is what we call static/instanced geometry. it is simply a plane created in a modeling app that is

given a water shader and therefore not movable since it is compiled with bsp, as part of the bsp.

5. Placable AI. Ai is a lot more complicated than just placing a biped down. When incorporating an AI, you need to also have "AI zones",

"AI Pathfinding", "Styles", etc... This would become far to complicated for people to do as the average user would get lost.

6. Terraforming. By this I assume that you mean changing the physical mesh of a map. Impossible. PHMO and Coll or for you guys,

physical collision and standard collision are compiled along side the final bsp product. You cannot change vertices and faces in real

time on an already compiled map, and still retain the collisions.

7. Larger maps with loading zones. Can't happen. Maps are traditionally divided up into loading zones used with what we call "portals".

Portals render geometry based on if you ar in a certain zone, or looking towards a certain portal marked area. While this may seem

cool, it also prevents players from seeing or interacting with players inside a different portal or zone. Making a map that used that

feature would be impossible, since portals are placed in the map model app before compiling. All these zones have to be linked

specifically with one another and all recieve from the compiler a portal or zone number.

8. Interactable water. Can't happen. As stated before water is a mesh plane compiled with the bsp. Even if they were to fnd a way to

add water, it would require them to incorporate a real time "spline" effect mesh object...which is not gonna happen in this decade.

9. Multiple disc, many say 2 discs. Understand that incoprorating massively huge content libraries like everything you guys have been

posting, would require a 4 disc minimum. All firefight maps standalone, are standalone seperate maps, they are not campaign maps

with certain areas just blocked off. Also, the expense of a massive librayr is huge size wise. A simple objects like a crate from halo,

once extracted into it's tag form, was about 2 to 3 mb's in size. That was just for a simple 6 sided cube. Could you actually imagine

the stagering data size of just 20 vehicles by themselves? It would be somewhere around (in Reach terms), like 600 or more mb's. A

simple multiplayer map from halo 2 alone decompiled into tag form was about 600mbs! And those maps hardly had anything

compared to what we have in reach mp.

10. Someone stated make the Forge editor like Crytek's Sandbox. The Crytek sandbox is a standalone app that functions exactly like

Sapien. Sapien was Bungie/343i's app to place objects and ****. Giving us a "sandbox" style interface to work with on a console is

never gonna happen. there is too much in terms of harware and software blocking anything like that becoming like Crytek's sandbox.

A sandbox would only work on the PC, and I highly doubt that in only 2 years, the company could give us a full HEK, a kick-ass game

and the ability to make maps on the PC, and port them to the console version. A task of that magnitude would require likely a team of

double 343i's current size, and 2 additional years or planning, execution and content creation.

Like I said before, I enjoyed the thread, but someone finally had to come in and put a stop to some of the absolutely ridiculous ideas that are circulating. I could ahve probably stated about 15 more ideas that are impossible to incorporate, but I fugured this 10 alone is gonna be enough to have people ahting me until well into Halo 4 release season...AKA Dec 2012. Sorry and good day folks!

Thats were the 2nd Disk could come into place = larger campaign/ another forge world... with all the options listed in this thread/ more people in a game like 16v16...the list goes on :thumbsup:

it would be hard, but if 343 wants to have a top 3 game(or higher :clapping: ), than you've got to expand

In order to have 16v16 you would have to expand server range, that's for microsoft to figure out. Not 343i.

that's it, somethings which are in past post are important too, (add them to the top)

About vehicles, people have been asking for:

scarab, sabre, seraph, short/longsword, and some vehicles from Halo Wars.

Moreover, I think we should be able to use each vehicle to the fullest; meaning, How came the falcon can't transport passengers? it should transport them and they should be able to fire their own weapons, no matter how difficult it can be.

Moreover, we should be able to use the pelican and phantom with all their capabilities, meaning, people could sit in the pelican to gain space to place two mongooses in the middle. furthermore, the pilot or co-pilot should be able to use the grapple to grab warthoughs or tanks to the back part or the pelican, as well as the phantom.

people've been asking to make firefight forgable and thus the ability to place AI's.

the ability to "glue objects" as RussianPenguin said is good and has already been mentioned as well. just imagine sme has to move piece by piece of his giant base or racetrack, just because it the end he found that it would look bad in that place or didn't fit or smth like that.

I think tere were more things but can't remember them now, will add if I remember,

adding to the "glue objects" there should be a "zip line" type of thing where, lets say in invasion,after the first objective is complete the object will start moving along the "zip line" at a chosen speed then either stop or continue on a never ending loop along this "zip line". now we can even expand on this even more by adding the ability to make objects do a bank turn while on the "zip line". now back to the glue objects idea with the zip line you could make pieces on the glued object have a selected pivot point so that you can make scripted movable objects like a forged flying troop carrier where the thrusters move up and down in the middle of an epic fight in like btb or invasion or infection. this is the future of forging lets make it happen! also plz ad legit odst drop pods and maps with an extreamly high height limit

stuff i would like in halo 4 forge

despawn item option: so you can set am object to spawn in 30 seconds then after it spawns it will despawn in lets say 45 seconds

glue objects together then save as a nameable object: then put into an "other" folder in your forge menu then place it in other maps, it will cost the same amount as all the pieces you used for the price but would not deduct the objects left #. to balance it out, you will be unable to take apart the "copy, pasted" object unless you go back to the original object then edit it.

a greater height limit in maps for forging: you know the spire map, imagine a height limit TWICE that you could do so much more in a map.

legit odst drop pods with "pod launchers" as one object: this would work well with the raised height limit.

rag doll bodies that don't despawn and placeable blood splatters: imagine the picture of a spartan stuck to a wall with an energy sword through their chest with the Spartans blood splattered against the wall behind him. best infection game ever!

a "zip line": you could make a sliding door by making an opening then just have an object in front on a "zip line" that will move upwards and open the door at a specific time in a game. this will add great cinematic value in objective games or infection.

and i know that this will be possible for 343 to accomplish because the ideas aren't too insane and ridiculous.

Actually adding in more than 16 players is not the server's own restriction. That restriction is hard coded into the engine itself. There are theoretical ways of overcoming this outside engine manipulation.....just throwing that out there.

You mean it is possible, but a lot of work re-writing the original code?